• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Chrome Plating

miniace

Question

23 answers to this question

is it possible to Chrome plate plastic surfaces? got a Gear console panel with Chrome on it. now it starts to peel :(

Yes. they clean the surface, apply a thin layer of copper and do electro chrome plating.

Care 2 share the contact info pls?

This is the HelRazor recommended place.

Thanks Helrazor for sending me the contact!

Jayadan Electro Platers

No.26/10,St.Annes Garden,

Off St.Annes road,Wattala.

turn right off the wattala town(if you are coming from the colombo direction)... and st.annes road is the first road on the left...tell them *******(my dad) sent you so they'll take extra care of your stuff.

(deleted dads name.Helrazor may post it here!!! )

MINIACE

Hello everyone,

Sorry for bringing up an old post.

Miniace, if you don't mind, could you please let me know what exactly you got done at the Wattala joint. :)

Do they also straighten up the chrome door beading's (next to each door glass)? Mine are not that straight after removal for painting. :( Its a old car, so new ones are not available.

Tks a lot.

I assume we are talking about the mini........ I would like to know how much it would cost to Chrome the front bar.

Thanks

I got done some work from the MasterDon recommended place in Wattala and now me too can recommend the guy and they do chroming on plastics too. I got done chroming of two foot boards of a J44 and cost me around 3000/- and superb results. Checked the price for a bumper of a valkswagen with a fence sort of ( aka wata model) and quoted 7500/- .

For you to get an idea about the prices, better call and check straight from the place (contact numbers are given by Mini in another post in this thread) rather than asking for the prices in the forum.

Hello everyone,

Sorry for bringing up an old post.

Miniace, if you don't mind, could you please let me know what exactly you got done at the Wattala joint. :)

Do they also straighten up the chrome door beading's (next to each door glass)? Mine are not that straight after removal for painting. :( Its a old car, so new ones are not available.

Tks a lot.

Thats a great place.I owe "master don" a beer for directing me there.Charges are reasonable and work is best.

You can get your beedings turn out! go visit them.

MINIACE

Thats a great place.I owe "master don" a beer for directing me there.Charges are reasonable and work is best.

You can get your beedings turn out! go visit them.

MINIACE

you're welcome miniace...glad to be of any help :)

Edited by MasterDon

you're welcome miniace...glad to be of any help :)

Hey MasterD,

I too might need to visit the place for my Fiat parts and my latest bike project .....needs the twin pipes chromed, front n rear mudguards and some smaller stuff such as the chain guard, handlebar, etc

Do they also buff other parts such as the crankcase covers, brake drums etc ?

Hey MasterD,

I too might need to visit the place for my Fiat parts and my latest bike project .....needs the twin pipes chromed, front n rear mudguards and some smaller stuff such as the chain guard, handlebar, etc

Do they also buff other parts such as the crankcase covers, brake drums etc ?

yes machan they are good people...25 years ago when my dad was restoring the MGA and TC he gave the plating work to the same guy...and now i'm re-restoring the same MGA and i'm giving the chrome work to the guy's son who now runs the business...so one can say that there's two generations worth of trust between us.

yeah those parts should be ok to buff...but it's best if you can give them a ring and ask them...the phone numbers in one of miniace's previous posts in this thread.

hey hows the bike project goin...would very much like to see it and your others pls...also hear our mutual ALFA-holic friend bought himself an italian bike aswell...haha...seems the AL blokes have caught the bike bug all of a sudden...excellant!!! :jumping-smiley-013: