• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Perfect 10 Car Garage

JadeyBlitzen

alright guys! post your perfect 10 cars that you'll have in your dream garage :P

the rules are simple. you got space for only 10 cars. money's no object. availability of your cars is not a problem. they should be the all the cars you'll ever need (from what we are familiar with right now). and explain why you picked each car. anyone who picks a sunny is a berk (unless its a gti-r) :lol:

smart brabus roadster coupe- the closest one can get to being in a go kart on public roads. other than that i can't really explain why i like it but i just do.

original mkI mini cooper- a real slice automotive history. rare and original. the one to teach you how cars work

ferrari f40- born on the same year :rolleyes: my favourite supercar ever

land rover 110 td5 200bhp- probably the best colombo runabout. pretty awesome offroad as well

Range rover supercharged- probably all the car i'll ever need. its all things to all men. no dream garage would be complete without one

nissan r34 stock- something to flatter my ego

toyota vitz rs turbo- for a zippy trip down the memory lane.

mercedes 600- best car in the world to be chauffered around in. one of the best engineered as well. nothing commands respect better (ok maybe not in sl)

bmw z8- for me the coolest open sports car ever.

bentley brooklands- something to soothe my brow as i drive along briskly yet gingerly

aston db4- my favourite aston. a real bitch to run i.e. very human like

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright guys! post your perfect 10 cars that you'll have in your dream garage :P

the rules are simple. you got space for only 10 cars. money's no object. availability of your cars is not a problem. they should be the all the cars you'll ever need (from what we are familiar with right now). and explain why you picked each car. anyone who picks a sunny is a berk (unless its a gti-r) :lol:

Interesting topic, must confess I wanted to start something on these lines. Here goes my list.

Mini - Has to be with the new 1300efi unit with a bit of tuning (or else something like a hyabusa engine ;) )

Datsun 240Z - Always loved it.

Corolla AE86 - because I'm a big fan of Initial D

Range Rover Classic 2 Door - To serve as a off road car as well as a day to day car.

R34Gtr Z tune - a classic in my eyes

Caterham Levante V8 Supercharged - for all the thrills and spills

BMW E39 M5 - I like it... a lot better than the current model although down on power

Lancer 1600GSR - to remind me of my old Lancer.

My current car AE110 - hassle free day to day running, just pump petrol run and do the normal service

Lastly a Sunny / Pulsar GTiR - I like it, for me its a legend, a Sunny was never better than this monster.

Good one JadeyBlitzen :)

Here goes my list...

Mclaren F1 - do I even need to explain why? just the absolute ULTIMATE supercar in my eyes.... makes the veyron look like an over-complicated. bloated lorry thanks to it's elegance, simplicity and lightness.

Nissan R34 GTR VSpec II - with some well chosen mods, putting out about... ohhh i dunno, say 900 Horses at the wheels :D

Ferrari 365 GTB/4 "Daytona" - In case i wanted to do some high speed continent crossing in proper style! so much more glamorous than something like a 599..

Austin Healey 3000 MK III - Open top British motoring at it's most evocative!

2009 Toyota Land Cruiser 120 Series - With the TD engine, for SUV and off road requirements.

1970 Dodge Charger RT - In Black, with American Racing wheels, 528 Crate Hemi, Heddman headers and a Weiand blower.... oh and suspension upgrades :lol:

Porsche 911 (993) RS - The best all round driver's porsche ever. Full Stop.

BMW M5 E39 - Like this WAYYY better than the current M5, Best saloon car ever.

Mercedes Benz 300 Turbodiesel (W124) - My favourite Merc. for when I want something to go incognito in.

Caterham Superlight R - For Track day Thrills.

Guess mine not flashy but more practical n possible... Or maybe the dream run is launched now and few already made it to my poor stable :) .

1 Mini Mk4 and above

2 Ford Anglia 103E

3 LR 110

4 Mercedes W115

5 Mercedes W105

6 A Swiss Hutless-Yamaha

7 Evo6 RS sprint

8 Mini “retro”countryman

9 MG TD

10 Hummer H1

MINIACE

interesting thread ne, if money is not a prob..... here we go

1. Ferrari F50

2. Ferrari Enzo

3. 1967 Mustang ELEANOR

4. Porsche 911 GT2

5. Jaguar XJ-S

6. Mini Cooper MKv or MKvii

7. Land Cruiser 100 Series

8. LR Rangerover (2008-2009 model)

9. Mitsubishi EVO IX

10. Toyota Hiace Supercustom – can’t let her go away !

thres no enough room for a lambo murcilago and astonmartin DB9, so have to build another garage ! :P

Mini - Has to be with the new 1300efi unit with a bit of tuning (or else something like a hyabusa engine ;) )

i was wondering if i'm the only sri lankan who thought about the whole mini-busa thing. has anyone done it here yet? i've been as far as trying to track down a hayabusa engine. but then i just gave up.

btw guys please explain why you picked each car

Didn't we do this before? But still it's great to do again!!! :D My ten keeps changing so right now....

1. Ferrari 288 GTO - RED - It is so damn gorgeous. Not as sort after or revered as the be-winged F40 but close and a lot more beautiful.

2. Alfa Romeo 8C Spider - Pearl white - my evening cruise

3. Mercedes 500SL R107 - Off White/black mohair top - Saw one recently in HK and it was stunning. I've always loved the "Dallas" SL.

4. Maserati Gran Tourismo - BLACK - It's fab to look at and can seat 4 adults. And it's got THAT V8.

5. Ferrari 250 GT SWB - Dark Red - My ultimate classic car. (right now) :D

6. Lancia Delta S4 - White with Martini stripes - My 600bhp track day and rally car.

7. Ferrari 430 Scuderia - BLACK - There's no such thing as too many Ferraris :lol:

8. Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA - RED - Can't do without one. A Ferrari in a smaller package.

9. Jaguar E-Type Ser 1 3.8 Roadster - Burgundy - It's 60's sexy. Purer than the later series.

10. Maserati Quattoporte - Light peal Blue - I need a "practical" four door. And there's no such thing as too many Italian cars :lol:

And back in the real world. The slightly more achievable dream 10 for the real Sri Lanka.

1. Alfa Romeo Mito GTA - Black with red Leather - to replace my 156.

2. My Giulia GT Junior - REd - I love it.

3. My Alfetta GTV - GREY - Love it too.

4. My Sud Sprint Veloce - Love it to bits, best fwd car I've driven, Mini included.

5. Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint - Light Blue - In love with it for ages now, the design is so subtle and pure! Would have to smuggle one in...

6. Porsche Boxter - The one in the showroom will do. :D I need a convertible. And its the most accomplished car I've ver driven.

7. Mazda RX7 FD - Silver - Great shape and a hard core sports car. Plus Pradfred will allow me into the Mazda Club ;)

8. Subaru Forester Turbo - Black - For the bad roads.

9. Mercedes R107 SL - I need a classic convertible as well :lol:

10. Toyota MR2 - To fulfill my Mid-engined fantasy, until I win the lottery and can afford the F355!!!

I'd love to have a bunch of supercars but they'd get old as soon as the next one comes out. So I picked my favorites and iconic cars of my lifetime according to me. Well those and a couple stupid ones to throw in to keep things interesting...

'87 Buick GNX - Fastest production Sedan at the time and is still pretty damn fast

'69 Chevrolet Camaro - most collectible year and best looking 1st gen

'92 Ferrari 512 TR (Testarossa)

'85 Lamborghini Countach 5000QV - pure sex!

'09 (?) Lamborghini Murcielago LP 650-4 Roadster

'95 McLaren F1 LM - just an absolutely incredible machine

'06 Hummer H1 Alpha - as badass as badass trucks get

Maybach Exelero - yeah it was only a concept, but if Darth Vader had a car, it would be this!!!

Maybach 62 Landaulet - hey, I need to dress up and be driven around every now and then, F that, the driver can sit in the back

'09 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 - Fastest Corvette ever! and fastest production car around the Nurburgring (well until the Viper ACR took it down, but that's not valid in my book 'cos that's a stripped down race car for the street).

Edited by MeanGreenZ28

hey gummybr,so did u part with your old lancer? how much did it fetch? btw was the buyer from ratnapura area coz those blokes are really into lancers and i have seen some nice tube light models there

Interesting topic, must confess I wanted to start something on these lines. Here goes my list.

Lancer 1600GSR - to remind me of my old Lancer.

hey gummybr,so did u part with your old lancer? how much did it fetch? btw was the buyer from ratnapura area coz those blokes are really into lancers and i have seen some nice tube light models there

Well I sold it couple of months back. No it was bought by a guy from my area, last I heard he was selling it. One lesson learnt by that is never give some one you know a vehicle as he will always haunt you asking for this and that. Sold it for a mere 200k since this guy's wife is a friend of my mom's.

Edited by Gummybr

damm thats a very good bargain for the buyer as tubelight models go for atleast 225 upwards w/o AC and the AC ones around 250.

Did the buyer trouble you with too many questions after buying it mate?

btw,i hope u didnt sell it on open papers !

Well I sold it couple of months back. No it was bought by a guy from my area, last I heard he was selling it. One lesson learnt by that is never give some one you know a vehicle as he will always haunt you asking for this and that. Sold it for a mere 200k since this guy's wife is a friend of my mom's.

how about a 2nd gen mr2 dressed up to look like a 355?

best of both worlds? or the ultimate chav express?

Not a fan of the 2nd Gen one. And would not be comfy with tarting one up either. The proportions will never be the same. Actually I don't like the looks of the Mk1 either but the handling is fab. Being Lotus developed it has to be eh?

In fact next week this fantasy will come to its fruition ;) I will say no more for now ;)

Not a fan of the 2nd Gen one. And would not be comfy with tarting one up either. The proportions will never be the same. Actually I don't like the looks of the Mk1 either but the handling is fab. Being Lotus developed it has to be eh?

In fact next week this fantasy will come to its fruition ;) I will say no more for now ;)

...right in the middle of the monsoon season :P

Eh? you buying an MR2? lucky bugger!!! Been wanting one for AGES myself!

i was wondering if i'm the only sri lankan who thought about the whole mini-busa thing. has anyone done it here yet? i've been as far as trying to track down a hayabusa engine. but then i just gave up.

Yes.One Mini expert launched a Hayabusa project .Its half done and on idle state for the last 14 months due to an unfortunate situation..

Remember there is a very successful Mini Vtec and another one in making. :rolleyes: Oh I almost forgot the Starlet GT powered Mini turbo.

MINIACE

2005 Nismo Nissan Skyline R34 GTR Z Tune

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRC

2007 ARIEL ATOM 500 V8

2007 Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 "Pur Sang"

2007 Koenigsegg CCXR

Porshe Carrera GT

Ferrari F430

Lamborghini's Reventón

Maybach 62 Landaulet

TechArt Porsche Cayenne

MV Augusta F4 - Claudio Castiglioni Edition

MG TC

Nissan Patrol Y61

Pagani Zonda F Roadster

Rolls Royce Phantom Coupe

Jaguar E-Type Series 1 - 4.2ltr

Brabus/Mercedes CLS "Brabus Rocket"

Alfa Romeo 6C 2300B Convertible

Railton 8 1935

Boss Hoss BHC3 ZZ4 SS

Edited by HelRazor

Yes.One Mini expert launched a Hayabusa project .Its half done and on idle state for the last 14 months due to an unfortunate situation..

is he thinking of selling off the project? i've tracked down most of the components. but for me its the engine thats the hardest to get hold of.

either way if he goes ahead i'll have find my own one of a kind project :P

1. Nissan Primera P11 Sport
  2. Honda Fireblade CBR 1000 RR - 2007
  3. GMC Topkick Truck
  4. Land Rover Defender 110
  5. Camel Trophy Range Rover
  6. Nissan D21 4x4
  7. Toyota Land Cruiser BJ 75
  8. Nissan Patrol Y61
  9. 1967 Pontiac GTO
  10. Volkswagen Karmann Ghia

i know i know its not all cars or majority of it is not cars....but i would luv to see all of this in my garage... ;)

heres my list guess petrol will be added to the list right

Mercedes Benz CLK – black edition –for just a ride around town

Range rover super chargerd - for all the formal trips

Enzo Ferrari - the chick magnet

Maserati quadropote - family car

Classic DB5 - classic drive to the club with my tucks ...:D

Audi R8 - daily runner

Nissan GTR R34 Zune with some serious mod's - drag racers dream

Bowler nemesis - for some good old mub bathing

A classic Mustang 1968 - to really enjoy how nice life is

BMW M5- when your fed up with every thing else

is he thinking of selling off the project? i've tracked down most of the components. but for me its the engine thats the hardest to get hold of.

either way if he goes ahead i'll have find my own one of a kind project :P

Will let you know if thats up for sale..but I doubt it.You can find a Hayabusa engine very easily.You need help? Sorry OT.

MINIACE