• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Power Horns

Miyuru Daminda

Question

12 answers to this question

Hi,

I just bought Roots Windtone horn. Sounds like a hell :angry-smiley-048: , but I didn't installed a relay with horns. Is it really need to install a relay?

Ah the Ambassador Horns.... had them some time back on the Mini before the Hella and FIAAM ones were available. Strangely enough, my brother and I have had 2 Hella sets fail and replaced but the old Roots ones are still working !

By the way, do fix a relay if your car hasn't already got one... best to let an electrician check it out.

any idea about the cost of horn relay?

Go to a place where they rip cars apart. Would cost a genuine relay less than 250/= based on the Amperage.

Ah the Ambassador Horns.... had them some time back on the Mini before the Hella and FIAAM ones were available. Strangely enough, my brother and I have had 2 Hella sets fail and replaced but the old Roots ones are still working !

By the way, do fix a relay if your car hasn't already got one... best to let an electrician check it out.

the Red Hella units are prone to fail - primary cause : Water ingress :(

Apparently the black ones have some drain mechanism lu... can't verify :mellow:

as such i've switched over to the Hella sealed type units which don't have the same tone unfortunately :( but they do last considerably longer...

the ones with the Red wire casing are even sturdier and louder and as such were more expensive

they're all loud , but sadly squeeky unlike the airhorn-ish ones :(

Didn't like the peep... peep sound on the original. Bought a Black Hella From Mo.Cade. Deep voice it got. Paid 2700/- that time.

any one has one of those old time motor driven oogah horns? :P

always liked that tone for some weird reason :)

:lol:

I want one… I want one… :jumping-smiley-014:

To scare the 3-wheel & MB buggers who squeeze through the tiniest gaps and sometimes hitting the side mirrors and also drivers think they own the whole road and drive at snail pace right in the center of the road. :locomotive:

How about giving a scare of their lives when these buggers Zig-Zag through closed railway crossings. That should be fun…. :hah:

correct me if i am wrong, but all ur cars should come with a relay to hanlde at least two horns...

wondering why u need an aditional one here...

Wrong, not all cars comes with a relay because normal electric horns draws 2A-3A that can handle by a switch. But power horn may draw 8A-10A that may shorten horn switch and wiring lifetime.