• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Carputers

isam

Question

Guys sorry to take you all off the topic at hand... I am desperate in need of a place to get a K&N Filter cleaner solution and oil. Usual place Moto Kade is out of stock and will not get stock for about a month.

Please help with a pointer at the right direction.

hmmm try the usual suspects , MotorWorld in Dehiwala & Extreme Motors on Castle Street - the contact info should be on the forums , just run a search off the main page..

hmmm try the usual suspects , MotorWorld in Dehiwala & Extreme Motors on Castle Street - the contact info should be on the forums , just run a search off the main page..

Thanks bro... called and left a message as Souhain was out. Sent an SMS! Will keep you posted. Poor SR is wheezing and Filter looks dirty.

iSam,

Came across this on one of the podcasts, worth having a look!

http://www.geekmyride.org/wiki/index.php/Jon's_RX-8

here's some links i collected at the time too:

http://delicious.com/chriskan/carpc

Many thanks bro! Thats a lot of info and ideas on it!!! Currently I'm putting together a list of all the features and want to phase them out into 2 or 3 steps.

Still On the lookout for a high res touchscreen TFT...

Many thanks bro! Thats a lot of info and ideas on it!!! Currently I'm putting together a list of all the features and want to phase them out into 2 or 3 steps.

Still On the lookout for a high res touchscreen TFT...

This is the one I got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Double-DIN-Lilliput-EB...1QQcmdZViewItem

This looks good, but the price is way off the budget, due to my current economic situation. :(

I've checked on getting a cheap TV screen with VGA input and adopt it with a USB based touch sensor, but I'm worried about the resolution issue. Most of the TFT TV screens only offer 640 x 480 res.

This looks good, but the price is way off the budget, due to my current economic situation. :(

I've checked on getting a cheap TV screen with VGA input and adopt it with a USB based touch sensor, but I'm worried about the resolution issue. Most of the TFT TV screens only offer 640 x 480 res.

definately mate, with the $ the way it is. i think i only paid 160usd in early 2008 and that was when the aud was 89 or something as well. best would be to try HK or China. i'm not sure how well the usb overlays respond. but it might be the most economical option at the moment. alternatively, a logitech dinovo mini bt kb/mouse thingy.. but they're not cheap either!