• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Repair Body Damages

Miyuru Daminda

Question

I have few questions about body repair.

1. If car's body deformed + scratched little bit because of a accident will it cause corrosion of body after some time?

2. Is it ok to apply paint in the same day that apply Putty or is it better to let it to dry for about a week and apply paint?

6 answers to this question

1. If car's body deformed + scratched little bit because of a accident will it cause corrosion of body after some time?

2. Is it ok to apply paint in the same day that apply Putty or is it better to let it to dry for about a week and apply paint?

if the paint has come off and the sheet metal is exposed to the elements its likely that rust will set in after sometime..

if the paint has come off and the sheet metal is exposed to the elements its likely that rust will set in after sometime..

as for the putty, it has to dry very well.. if not the paint bubbles up. better let it dry for a week or so before painting it. also i would suggest that you remove the paint where the body damage happned.. ( water + Sand paper)

1.if steel is being exposed then it will rust

2.you apply primer on top of the putty (body filler) alternately until you're happy with the finish and then you apply the paint. Paint should go on primer and no putty. The curing time really depends on the paint, number of coats, temperature and humidity. In most cases you wet-sand the primer, wash it off, let it completely dry and then paint..in practicality it ends up being the next day

as for the putty, it has to dry very well.. if not the paint bubbles up. better let it dry for a week or so before painting it. also i would suggest that you remove the paint where the body damage happned.. ( water + Sand paper)

Is it true that putty won't completely dry if it is applied too thick and painted before completely drying :unsure:

Is it true that putty won't completely dry if it is applied too thick and painted before completely drying :unsure:

i think it will dry over time but you might get bubbles and stuff forming under the paintwork as the moisture is forced out...

if you keep a car parked out in a sunny day for long enough...repeat it over enough times...i think almost any bloody thing will dry out :)