• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What To Buy - For Between 500k-900k?

Supra_Natural

Continuing the idea had here,

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...c=5657&st=0

which I had totally forgotten about till today, here's the next price band.

I guess my original idea to have descriptions and experiences was quite far fetched, so lets continue in the list format... any extra info of course, will be appreciated. :)

My choices (will probably add a few later)

BMW E30 3 Series - A good one will be a decent drive, reliable, relatively economical, "interesting" and can be maintained at reasonable cost if approached right

Mazda Astina - Looks cool, drives well, good prices and reliable runner.

Mazda Interplay - As above, More conventional though

Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno/Corolla Levin - The legendary "hachi roku", RWD Chassis, Toyota reliability, practical and with great tuning potential. Good ones are kinda hard to find though

Alfa Romeo 33 - Most are at the lower end of the price band, but definitely the left-field choice here. Fun drive, not expensive to run if you find a good one (So says our resident alfisti), and it's an ALFA!!!

Mini - Blast to drive, economical, characterful..... can be a hassle as a daily driver though, and reliability is questionable.

Honda CRX 2nd Gen - Light weight, nice handling, decent pace, Honda reliability.

Nissan Presea First Gen - All the sensibleness of a doctor sunny, in a much nicer looking wrapping.

Subaru Legacy RS First Gen - Subaru, All Wheel drive, Turbo. What more do ya need? Good luck finding one though.

All that comes to mind right now.... will add more soon

are there any legit AE86 in the country????

I phoned the seller of the white one. It did not have the original engine :(

i recently came accross a full MR2 super charger conversion. im sure it will be worth for whoever is buying this white car. the conversion included most of the body parts & the supercharger engine

Edited by Chooti Putha

• 6 months later...
Found a Toyota Corona 1989 model (registered in 1990, Full option, 1500CC) for 600 K. Is it worth buying and does anybody have idea about the fuel consumption of that model?

Thanks in Advance

remember i heard thouse days Corona thel bonawa.. (drking oil) if that's the case better go with Corolla.

How about Doctor and Trad sunnys?

CRX is a great car.. but stricktly for 2 passengers only.. if you are not married and if there is another car at your home for family picnic go for CRX, resell value is some what stablized for CRX IMO keep her in good shape and do some make up and enjoy the ride. There were cars around 0.9M - 11.5M not for around 0.65M

Edited by MkX

Highly appreciate your comments. I have to agree with you, I've asked from many and they said corona is not good on fuel. It's hard to find a Doctor Sunny for 650K and I don't like Trad sunny :-). A small hatch back car would be within my budget. Any recommendations? (Daihatsu Charade, diesel or patrol?).

Found a ford laser Tx3 (Friend of mine owns it, he might be in this forum too) 1500cc, A/C, Power Steering, Alloy Wheels. It'll be around 350K-400K. I'm not too sure about the availability of parts and fuel consumption on that. If there're Ford/Mazda experts please comment :-)

Thanks

remember i heard thouse days Corona thel bonawa.. (drking oil) if that's the case better go with Corolla.

How about Doctor and Trad sunnys?

CRX is a great car.. but stricktly for 2 passengers only.. if you are not married and if there is another car at your home for family picnic go for CRX, resell value is some what stablized for CRX IMO keep her in good shape and do some make up and enjoy the ride. There were cars around 0.9M - 11.5M not for around 0.65M

Even if I buy a Ford laser Tx3 (1986) I should be able to join right? :D Any comments on that car please.

of course man, its a Ford right ?

I actually spoke to this dude before I bought my Mazda, looks nice and original .

Am not sure if its an original TX3 though - please check that. GuruG - some help ?

Price is very good actually and u should be able to negotiate it down a bit :)

Good luck and keep the MFOC posted.

Unfortunately that car is sold :-( I planned to check it out during this weekend, but he sold it during last week :-(

of course man, its a Ford right ?

I actually spoke to this dude before I bought my Mazda, looks nice and original .

Am not sure if its an original TX3 though - please check that. GuruG - some help ?

Price is very good actually and u should be able to negotiate it down a bit :)

Good luck and keep the MFOC posted.

Buying this for regular usage, so being good on fuel is a must :-). I owned a mini, but the one I owned was not in good shape (Anyway I still doubt whether it's a good car to use as the first vehicle :-). (But of course I love it, will buy one for sure on a one fine day :-). Starlet NP70 and Charade G100 seems to be better options. Checked out few Charades. There's a Charade Egg Shape (64- diesel) 1000 CC one for 5.5 lks. Is it reliable? Specially for long distance running. There's another 1.3 EFI 1989 Charade for 6.5 lks. Still haven't decided what to buy. Most probably I have to decide one from those 2 cars if I couldn't find another one during next week. Highly appreciate your comments, advices.

Thanks in Advance

~sanjaya

Petrol

Honda Civic EG8 single carb

Starlet EP71

BMW E30 316i

Corolla AE90

Hmm why not an authentic Mini

Diesel

Merc W123 220D or 240D

Starlet NP70

Charade G100

Posted the same elsewhere.Sharing here too.

MINIACE

Buying this for regular usage, so being good on fuel is a must :-). I owned a mini, but the one I owned was not in good shape (Anyway I still doubt whether it's a good car to use as the first vehicle :-). (But of course I love it, will buy one for sure on a one fine day :-). Starlet NP70 and Charade G100 seems to be better options. Checked out few Charades. There's a Charade Egg Shape (64- diesel) 1000 CC one for 5.5 lks. Is it reliable? Specially for long distance running. There's another 1.3 EFI 1989 Charade for 6.5 lks. Still haven't decided what to buy. Most probably I have to decide one from those 2 cars if I couldn't find another one during next week. Highly appreciate your comments, advices.

Thanks in Advance

~sanjaya

charades are a little bit of a lottery... some examples are absolutely bulletproof and go on for ever, while others are utter buckets of Sh**. Its mostly maintenance of course but they do seem to have strange issues from time to time. Having said that, all of this is hearsay as I haven't owned one myself. The Starlet is a good idea, as long as its been taken care of and doesnt have rust issues its a good buy.

Buying this for regular usage, so being good on fuel is a must :-). I owned a mini, but the one I owned was not in good shape (Anyway I still doubt whether it's a good car to use as the first vehicle :-). (But of course I love it, will buy one for sure on a one fine day :-). ~sanjaya

Well im sure the Mini you owned was a pre-Mk4 one.Sure I agree, pre Mk4 cars are vulnerable for numerous snags.

During the period-2004-2007 a mini Mk4 was my daily usage car. And mind you I was based -Vavunia that period. Clocked just about 1000km a week. Used to drive back and fourth every possible time, especially during weekends. All I did was pump fuel.thats how I became a hardcore Mini fan.Hats off to Minis for being so light on my wallet, particularly when I was broke govt warrior.

Not hesitant to recommend a Mini to any person for any kind of a drive! Not exaggerating!

MINIACE

Agree with you miniace. The main issue is Minis are expensive these days :-( For my budget (5K-6.5K max) it's hard to find a one in good shape. Or rather I couldn't find a good one for that price :-). So far the best one I found was Daihatsu charade 1.3 EFI, 1990 model. (6.5K after negotiating). Anyway still I haven't confirmed it yet, if I can find a Mini in good shape for that price, of course I'll consider it buying.

Thanks in advance

~sanjaya

Well im sure the Mini you owned was a pre-Mk4 one.Sure I agree, pre Mk4 cars are vulnerable for numerous snags.

During the period-2004-2007 a mini Mk4 was my daily usage car. And mind you I was based -Vavunia that period. Clocked just about 1000km a week. Used to drive back and fourth every possible time, especially during weekends. All I did was pump fuel.thats how I became a hardcore Mini fan.Hats off to Minis for being so light on my wallet, particularly when I was broke govt warrior.

Not hesitant to recommend a Mini to any person for any kind of a drive! Not exaggerating!

MINIACE

I heard this from many, even the mechanic I bring to check vehicles recommends a starlet. I've checked few starlets and charades, so far the best choice seems to be a charade. (Among the ones I checked, according to the mechanic). Anyway will check few more days before buying.

Thanks in advance

~sanjaya

charades are a little bit of a lottery... some examples are absolutely bulletproof and go on for ever, while others are utter buckets of Sh**. Its mostly maintenance of course but they do seem to have strange issues from time to time. Having said that, all of this is hearsay as I haven't owned one myself. The Starlet is a good idea, as long as its been taken care of and doesnt have rust issues its a good buy.

Finally I think I've decided what to buy (Depending on the recommendation from uncle who owns a garage :D). It's a Daihatsu Charade GTti Turbo (Patrol, 1987).

Thanks a lot everyone for your comments and thoughts.

~sanjaya

I heard this from many, even the mechanic I bring to check vehicles recommends a starlet. I've checked few starlets and charades, so far the best choice seems to be a charade. (Among the ones I checked, according to the mechanic). Anyway will check few more days before buying.

Thanks in advance

~sanjaya