• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Rz1

fuzzo

i have always thought that the nissan rz1 is a nice sporty looking car. today i saw one with a turbo badge on it. the badge looked authentic

anyone know if this car ever came in a turbo charged version. reason i ask is coz this past sat i found that the 88-89 mr2 came with a factory supercharger (not all cars)

hb1219vn.jpg

i have always thought that the nissan rz1 is a nice sporty looking car. today i saw one with a turbo badge on it. the badge looked authentic

anyone know if this car ever came in a turbo charged version. reason i ask is coz this past sat i found that the 88-89 mr2 came with a factory supercharger (not all cars)

hey i thought that the mr2 was supercharged in SL.

sorry dude don't know anythin about RZ1's

MR2 came with the early generation supercharged version of the 4AGE engine, this spec was know as the 4A-GZE.

yup n it was 16valves n the same power rating as the 4AGE 20valve...this superchargd engine also came in some levins n corollas

btw dnt think the RZ-1 came wit factory turbos

• 8 months later...

MR2 came with the early generation supercharged version of the 4AGE engine, this spec was know as the 4A-GZE.

Spot on!

BTW the Yellow MR2 with the front lip etc etc is a Factory supercharged car!!!

its pre 1986 if i'm not mistaken - the cam over colour will give a clue abt this - red if post '86 blue if pre... :) i think :lol:

anyways here's the interesting thing! - the 1st owner is a illustriust car fanatic n star cricketer

none other than ARAVINDA De Silva !

pretty sweet ride back in the 80's dont ya think! :angry:

The Nissan you mention was built and marketted here in SA as a Nissan Sentra. It did come in Turbo as well. So I assume there might have been a Turbo out of Japan as well.

hb1219vn.jpg

There was a Turbo model. But they are based on the Trad Sunny and so terribly awful to drive. Not even close to being a sports car. I remember a magazine naming it the worst car that year.

I'd go for a Ser.1 RX7 instead.

Yes there is a turbo version which was a limited edition with a 2.0L engine. But most RZ1's in SL are 1.5L non-turbo.