• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Craziest Thing You Ever Did With Weels

kotte mafia

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this will result in growing this longer.. what have you done to a donkey who keep honking, flashing even after slamming the brakes? Ever reverse and knocked ??" :rolleyes:

wanted to a few times but somehow held back :P

i've pictured firing rockets JB style and destroying them though :)

If wifey gives the green light to ditch the car for a hilux or summin...yeah! i will most probably teach a good lesson to a few of those donkeys :violent-smiley-099:

wanted to a few times but somehow held back :P

i've pictured firing rockets JB style and destroying them though :)

If wifey gives the green light to ditch the car for a hilux or summin...yeah! i will most probably teach a good lesson to a few of those donkeys :violent-smiley-099:

Indeed.... good ol' Hilux is one of the few things on the road most other road users dont mess with... along with defenders and such like... you can drive with total impunity, even bus buggers are wary of dicing with them!

Note: A brand spanking, shiny new hilux probably wont do though.... for full effect it has to be a late 80's/early 90's model, preferably with faded paint! :lol:

on a side note...for those donkeys who come with their heads on from behind and also flash for no reason... wonder if it's possible to hook up a light facing the back and return the favor!

i've got one of those :) , but never really used it for that purpose (at least not intensionally) - i've got a Hella work lamp mounted on the back of the Defender which i sometimes forget to turn off after reversing - apparently makes life difficult for anyone who's attempting to drive up right behind lu :lol:

i've heard that fatherhood and in some cases marraige have that effect on people! :lol:

He he did warn Ripper....

yup it changes your lil life mante.

Trust me no guy ca ever be prepared for the Paternal effect.

On a another note why not use this forum to highlight those morons on the road? We take pics from our phone and post them here and have a good laugh( As long as we dont snap one our own) lol....

Must look out for a "Dependr" with a huge a** reverse light......

On a another note why not use this forum to highlight those morons on the road? We take pics from our phone and post them here and have a good laugh( As long as we dont snap one our own) lol....

Must look out for a "Dependr" with a huge a** reverse light......

even paternal effect hasn't really cured the craziness behind wheels... something should come from self I guess.

on the idea of picture posting, I've proposed this sometimes back although it didn't turn up like funniest moments thread. However used to capture moron actions in still form, those who have parked blocking entrances etc.. not always possible to capture while keeping up in the traffic.

not a defender but a KIA or s'thing I captured and posted in funniest moments thread which has two headlight like stuff as reverse lights.

do they??????

so how do you go about identifying a 'quick' car? exhaust note? out of proportion spoiler? funky sticker job? ha ha ha ha.....

oh well, is it just me?

when i see something fast, something that might incur your hooligan-isnm like anything between a starlet gt to an sti impreza, if its being driven slowly i feel this sense of admiration. its like the driver knows he's in a fast car and he knows he can get to the next set traffict lights 11 seconds before i can. but he's well behaved and he's driving the car like any other person and he knows that there's a time and place for such acts.

if its being driven slowly i feel this sense of admiration. its like the driver knows he's in a fast car and he knows he can get to the next set traffict lights 11 seconds before i can.

amen to that... but it could also be driven by a rich bloke who could afford the machine the but driving skills :rolleyes:

Indeed.... good ol' Hilux is one of the few things on the road most other road users dont mess with... along with defenders and such like... you can drive with total impunity, even bus buggers are wary of dicing with them!

Note: A brand spanking, shiny new hilux probably wont do though.... for full effect it has to be a late 80's/early 90's model, preferably with faded paint! :lol:

well look at that :) most probably that's all i could afford anyways :P

just that wifey insists that hilux are pretty crappy as a daily runner...on the comfort front!

that's one battle i'm yet to win with her :lol:

and yeah...i've seen those buggers driving like mad fellas and folks have no choice but to give way...

I of course don't wanna do that... just wanna drive on without being bullied by others

oh yeah! and you would never know without going through it yourself :)

so it's sort of an exclusive club :) :)

leaving the small fella and coming to work is quite a hard thing to do... all his pics keep me going during the day...

and thanks to the new cam...there are hundreds of those already and it's increasing by the day :lol:

and by the way peri you can't blame the car it has a alot of respect with the younger gen .. to own a CIVIC is a dream for many young maniac's and the first few month is always hell for the ppl in the area :angry-smiley-048:

Fraid your only proving my point. That car attracts a certain crowd.

just that wifey insists that hilux are pretty crappy as a daily runner...on the comfort front!

Thats generally applicable to the back seat of most double cabs, but both the front seats are OK. Tho my experience is limited to three Isuzu's and a Nissan.

Goodness! I used to be pissed off at the crazy stuff people do but nowadays I take the path of least resistance and drive like an old man in the slow lane, which is easy as I am getting old. I prefer to laze along and let all the Pants on Fire kinds overtake me. Thing is, this is a small country, and no matter how fast or slow people go, the nature of traffic means you can't get anywhere fast. Every once in a way I slowly overtake someone who overtook/cut into me in a mad hurry (using strategy, not speed) and give them a little toot just to say hey.

I don't do fancy stuff because it's useless. I just figure, hey, this aint my country, and theres no point. Driving slowly I cut my stress levels by 90% and get to go to my destination roughly the same time or at most five mins late than everyone else, which is cool as I have all the time in the world :)

I used to be one of those angry people driving at high speeds, overtaking like a maniac.. well not a maniac but overtaking like a Sri Lankan.. now I just laze along. Life is short, it just aint worth getting stressed up on these roads.

you must enlighten us young padwans further Master Saturn :lol:

(i tried ever so desperately to dig up an actual quote from Star Wars itself and as you might notice failed and as such ended up doing a poor job improvising :lol: )

yep...they tend to overheat spewing coolant out making a mess of it...

but the good thing is...this stop and go traffic hardly affects this type of bike usually owned by certain types of individuals :P

That bike is quite light for a 200cc and very nimble...fast too :)

Still have it though i don't ride it no more...

the XR250 completely replaced it :)

and i'm a much more sensible rider now... :)

fully reformed... :)

Funny thing is though i've easily had over 100 crashes, the only bone i broke in my body was a finger i busted after falling on a wet floor :lol:

and also i've never hit another vehicle...always peacefully crash on my own doing something stupid :lol:

Two similar bikes? How come? You planning on using the MTX to compete?

this is a v.nice topic..........

i did one crazy work and i lost ma loving car...... mates you know cos of who...... cos of GIRL

story is like this, one saturday evening i had a joy ride with ma fan on kandy road and little rain also, at that time my speed is around 60km i think, 1 of da nasty girl with umbrella beside the road and looking on our car, i had open the shutter and tell her"nangi dendada lift" thats only i said my car hit the lorry from behind. cos the lorry put da brake so soon and me with ma Maruti at the speed of 60km i hit the lorry. friends believe me the engine block get cracked and the car frame get cracked from middle. Full option people came and finish the story and i lost ma car cos they condem the vehical :(

this is a v.nice topic..........

i did one crazy work and i lost ma loving car...... mates you know cos of who...... cos of GIRL

story is like this, one saturday evening i had a joy ride with ma fan on kandy road and little rain also, at that time my speed is around 60km i think, 1 of da nasty girl with umbrella beside the road and looking on our car, i had open the shutter and tell her"nangi dendada lift" thats only i said my car hit the lorry from behind. cos the lorry put da brake so soon and me with ma Maruti at the speed of 60km i hit the lorry. friends believe me the engine block get cracked and the car frame get cracked from middle. Full option people came and finish the story and i lost ma car cos they condem the vehical :(

ROTFLMAO :hah: sorry mate couldn't help laughing out loud as you couldn't even finish your phrase and rear ended a lorry, can imagine what embarrassing it would be... At least did she wait till you finish with insurance guys to share a ride in the bus or so?? :rolleyes:

however whenever doing the same or checking out some good objects on the road I keep on watching the traffic from a corner of the eye.. never ever take your eyes completely out of the sight.

oh well, is it just me?

when i see something fast, something that might incur your hooligan-isnm like anything between a starlet gt to an sti impreza, if its being driven slowly i feel this sense of admiration. its like the driver knows he's in a fast car and he knows he can get to the next set traffict lights 11 seconds before i can. but he's well behaved and he's driving the car like any other person and he knows that there's a time and place for such acts.

Amen .

I was once in my humble Mazda at the Bamba Traffic Lights (In the days before it was one way) and I see out of the corner of my eye something low and wide.....

I look, and its Mr Aravinda De Silva in his Ferrari, he saw me looking, smiled at my Thumbs up gesture, and when the lights changed drove sedately away.

Now that is a bloke who knows his cars and is a Gentleman. What does he drive now anyway? probably an SUV?

well look at that :) most probably that's all i could afford anyways :P

that's one battle i'm yet to win with her :lol:

and yeah...i've seen those buggers driving like mad fellas and folks have no choice but to give way...

I of course don't wanna do that... just wanna drive on without being bullied by others

Actually it depends... speaking about the early to mid 90's models here, If you buy the LN 106, like I have, it has leaf sprung live axles all round, and usually is in very basic spec, so one might say it's not really the most comfortable. (Personally speaking though, its my daily drive and Ive had no problems).

The LN 107 had front suspension by coils, and the higher spec ones came with all the toys, one of those in good nick is really very comfortable and almost like a tall car to drive. Optimum spec would be a 58, 59 or (rare) 250- LN107 SSR-X. Good ones CAN be had for decent money if you look around.

Thats generally applicable to the back seat of most double cabs, but both the front seats are OK. Tho my experience is limited to three Isuzu's and a Nissan.

i've ridden every cab there is...so far the nissan is the winner in comfort,the backseats are almost bearable.....the turning circle is another issue to look for when looking to buy a cab,try driving a L200 and you'll see why...

(i tried ever so desperately to dig up an actual quote from Star Wars itself and as you might notice failed and as such ended up doing a poor job improvising :lol: )

search you must the internet,young master Z...lots of sites there are,run by star wars geeks with quotes...may the force be with you! :P

BTW have you seen this tribute to john williams?

Edited by HelRazor

Two similar bikes? How come? You planning on using the MTX to compete?

errr...nope

they are worlds apart...

the mtx 200 was my first bike as a 15 year old... was my bro's but i sorta took over :)

the XR250 is far cooler in every possible way and now i use it only for long trips with friends...

like 5-6 day backpacking trips...

MTX doesn't have the torque at lower rev range to tackle some of the terrain the XR250 thrives in... Also the XR is all discs, 4-stroke, air cooled with dry sump design...

perfect for long rides :)

and no for competitions mate...would not do that ever :)

seen far too many bad things happening to MX riders even when they are at the top of their game