• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Craziest Thing You Ever Did With Weels

kotte mafia

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey peri ..we were young and we were dumb ...and you know those days we were playing too much of need for speed and watching fast and the furious ... you know the good old days were wild and crazy ...not like now ..

Yeah, well, when one set grows up, a new generation of young dumb buggers come along and take their place. With the same car. Still the same today. The drivers might have changed, but the car just attracts more of the same. Mostly. Nothing personal Gaya :D

all right.. did the normal stuff.. as u have all mentioned.. including the making out thing... hmmm.. but the crazieist thing was at williams junction.. we were kinda drunk too.. there were four of us in my car me inclusive. we all decided in the red light... we would open our doors at the same time. run anround the car once and get back to our original seats... u should have seen the look on the faces of the other cars in the traffic.. it happned all so fast and i have tinted windows too.. so they couldnt stare at us directly...

Its a little game which ppl in the states are known to play...

called "Ring Around the Chevy" afaik :)

Well me was a biker too ....

Tried to get my record back (In Madras - India) for the longest wheelie and the max gears changed while up on one wheel, and lost it and slid about 50 feet on the tarmac. lost a whole load of skin from my right buttock and could not sit properly for about 2 weeks LOl.

Parents never knew, and sitting on the throne was an adventure .....

the bike was an RD 350 btw - 6 speed , 35+ Bhp, twin carbs. ahhhhh

Well me was a biker too ....

Tried to get my record back (In Madras - India) for the longest wheelie and the max gears changed while up on one wheel, and lost it and slid about 50 feet on the tarmac. lost a whole load of skin from my right buttock and could not sit properly for about 2 weeks LOl.

Parents never knew, and sitting on the throne was an adventure .....

the bike was an RD 350 btw - 6 speed , 35+ Bhp, twin carbs. ahhhhh

aha...the yammy yeah? good ol bike... nice thump too :)

bet you 1000 bucks and a chilled lion lager you can't do that whole wheelie thing no more! :P

but hey...pretty good stuff :)

i mean before the whole butt scrape thing on the tarmac :) :)

i don't think I can manage to write all of the crazy stuffs I did coz I'm still doing crazy stuff in day to day traffic mostly with bus drivers and reckless bikers ( no offend to you ripper :rolleyes: ) Whenever a guy cut into me or do some nasty thing it's me behind the wheel start playing monkey. crazy cut ins and slamming on the brakes in front of the "opponent". I'll list few sorted backward in the chronicle order.

Drove the lancer in excess of 80 on a narrow slippery road (kottawa - Homagama 128 route for those who knows) as a reaction of a fellow motorist who thought he's driving the fastest vehicle and honked and tried overtake wildly. Made him a spot on my rear view mirror and saw a trishaw parked aside the road and another one heading towards me, slammed the brakes.. bingo car started going like a ladyfinger. managed to release brakes for a while and steer towards right a bit bought some time till the heading trishaw passed and escaped... all in a fraction of a second ...

was speeding in little excess 100, close to a city, saw an oncoming car turning to a bi-road cutting across in front of me. thought bugger will proceed to the bi-road and didn't react fast, but damn he decided to hit on the brakes with the sight of a 406 comes like an arrow towards him. Picture this, his car right across the road 180 like a wall, me hitting the brake pedals and still the car goes at 100 with burning tires and screeching sounds (no ABS). avoided the bugger across the road and hit a car parked aside the road making a hatch out of a sedan. Luckily no one was hurt including myself.

driving peacefully on the road and a nut came along the wrong side and decided to cut into me in order to escape an oncoming vehicle. Chased after the car overtook and slammed the brakes so hard as the bugger hit my car, and yes it did. Got out and ran to the other car in filth to find a lady driver. :blink:

this was one bloody nasty thing I did and still regret to the date, where I drove one of old 504s at very high speeds with beams on amidst a heavy rain on a road which water stacked up, enjoying other cars getting soaked in the muddy water :mellow: some fellows tried to cut into a side of the road honking, flashing.

tried to do a drift on a gravel road which heads to one of friends place and drifted successfully until I saw i'm not the only visitor to his place. A distant relative of him had decided to pay a visit on the same day and his van parked on the drive way.. went on the drifting mode and hit the back of the van.

so much to come but these are the ones I can easily remember... as Devinda says me too wish no cops are going through this and yet they can't sue us based on what's on this forum :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by harshansenadhir

hmmm AL has quite an interesting cross section of Sri Lankan society, i can't help but wonder if there are any Cops who browse the forums...

its not too far out there...

:lol:

Can tell the cops that we were just boasting and none of them were true.. :P

gone into a canal twice! once by pure accident and the other while being outta control at speed. both times the entire bike was under water and i was neck deep in it.. thanks to simple 2 stroke motors, nothing happened to the bike...my ego was damaged pretty badly though!

Were both of your adventures involved in Hamilton machan?

i don't think I can manage to write all of the crazy stuffs I did coz I'm still doing crazy stuff in day to day traffic mostly with bus drivers and reckless bikers ( no offend to you ripper :rolleyes: ) Whenever a guy cut into me or do some nasty thing it's me behind the wheel start playing monkey. crazy cut ins and slamming on the brakes in front of the "opponent". I'll list few sorted backward in the chronicle order.

Goodness! I used to be pissed off at the crazy stuff people do but nowadays I take the path of least resistance and drive like an old man in the slow lane, which is easy as I am getting old. I prefer to laze along and let all the Pants on Fire kinds overtake me. Thing is, this is a small country, and no matter how fast or slow people go, the nature of traffic means you can't get anywhere fast. Every once in a way I slowly overtake someone who overtook/cut into me in a mad hurry (using strategy, not speed) and give them a little toot just to say hey.

I don't do fancy stuff because it's useless. I just figure, hey, this aint my country, and theres no point. Driving slowly I cut my stress levels by 90% and get to go to my destination roughly the same time or at most five mins late than everyone else, which is cool as I have all the time in the world :)

I used to be one of those angry people driving at high speeds, overtaking like a maniac.. well not a maniac but overtaking like a Sri Lankan.. now I just laze along. Life is short, it just aint worth getting stressed up on these roads.

Edited by Saturn

Goodness! I used to be pissed off at the crazy stuff people do but nowadays I take the path of least resistance and drive like an old man in the slow lane, which is easy as I am getting old. I prefer to laze along and let all the Pants on Fire kinds overtake me. Thing is, this is a small country, and no matter how fast or slow people go, the nature of traffic means you can't get anywhere fast. Every once in a way I slowly overtake someone who overtook/cut into me in a mad hurry (using strategy, not speed) and give them a little toot just to say hey.

I don't do fancy stuff because it's useless. I just figure, hey, this aint my country, and theres no point. Driving slowly I cut my stress levels by 90% and get to go to my destination roughly the same time or at most five mins late than everyone else, which is cool as I have all the time in the world :)

I used to be one of those angry people driving at high speeds, overtaking like a maniac.. well not a maniac but overtaking like a Sri Lankan.. now I just laze along. Life is short, it just aint worth getting stressed up on these roads.

i'm with you on that! its easy on the car and saves fuel too. and people admire you when you drive a quick car decently. but i dont blame anyone for putting the hammer down every now n then. good way to get the adrenaline pumping. but for normal day to day driving nothing like a spot of christian motoring.

had this weird stupid thing i used to do on bends... used to test the max speed i can take the turn from the borella junc to ward place... could do it at 60 on my mtx and and the day i tried over 60, ran short off turning arc and was heading straight to the fence bordering the pavement.... Had to hit the rear brakes mid turn to slow down and i slipped...skidded a good 20 odd feet and stopped right in front of the traffic cop :P bugger started scolding me "dekata thunata namila bend gannakota waten nadda manussayo" :lol: i quickly got up and managed to bugger of asap with a broken clutch lever before the cop got all smart about it and gave me a ticket :)

Atta-boy !! lol!! :D (always wanted an MTX. I heard on the grapevine that they were prone to overheating though, as they weren't really meant for everyday use in stop-go traffic? Your thoughts?)

in a transition period, only issue is all of my patience will go for a six if encounter with a Sri Lankan style driver ;)

Whenever a guy cut into me or do some nasty thing it's me behind the wheel start playing monkey. crazy cut ins and slamming on the brakes in front of the "opponent".

sorry to say this but you are down right crazy mate. is it worth getting your own car 'rear ended' just so you can teach a like minded idiot a lesson? well i guess its ok if you got full insurance lol

even me now i'm a very peaceful driver ... just find the middle lane in the highway and just drive normally with out any fancy stuff ...

and by the way peri you can't blame the car it has a alot of respect with the younger gen .. to own a CIVIC is a dream for many young maniac's and the first few month is always hell for the ppl in the area :angry-smiley-048:

yah hope cops never start to write tickets for the acts we did ...

but the memories are very nice with some broken bones to remember all the events .... some day when we get old surely there will be alot of stories to bost for with our grand kid ... :rolleyes:

sorry to say this but you are down right crazy mate. is it worth getting your own car 'rear ended' just so you can teach a like minded idiot a lesson? well i guess its ok if you got full insurance lol

:rolleyes: no worries mate, it can be anything when I'm furious.. c'mon I won't do the same in front of a prime mover lol.. And in many instances I pull up immediately after slamming on the brakes esp with bus fellows, but this incident I let that starlet to kiss my @$$. No harm it could done except for a small peel off of paint. And yes it's fully insured lolz..

:rolleyes: no worries mate, it can be anything when I'm furious.. c'mon I won't do the same in front of a prime mover lol.. And in many instances I pull up immediately after slamming on the brakes esp with bus fellows, but this incident I let that starlet to kiss my @$$. No harm it could done except for a small peel off of paint. And yes it's fully insured lolz..

he he... i too have done the same thing to a maruti bugger...

this moron was trailing me like 30-40ft behind... flashing lights, honking and all that to overtake me but his machine just didn't have enough power do accomplish it...

but the bugger didn't want to stop the whole honking/flashing thing and after a few minutes...i was really pisssed off! I hate effing flashing!

So i let the bugger get a little close and slammed the brakes...quickly shifted to the 1st as soon as i stopped cos i could hear the tyre screeching noise from behind as this fool came all skidding towards me... Had he got dangerously close i could've taken off but he stalled out a few feet behind me...

then i casually pulled over and drove off as he presumably had to clean himself up :P bugger didn't move for quite sometime afterwards...probably out of shock :lol:

Got an earful from the wifey though :P

on a side note...for those donkeys who come with their heads on from behind and also flash for no reason... wonder if it's possible to hook up a light facing the back and return the favor!

Atta-boy !! lol!! :D (always wanted an MTX. I heard on the grapevine that they were prone to overheating though, as they weren't really meant for everyday use in stop-go traffic? Your thoughts?)

yep...they tend to overheat spewing coolant out making a mess of it...

but the good thing is...this stop and go traffic hardly affects this type of bike usually owned by certain types of individuals :P

That bike is quite light for a 200cc and very nimble...fast too :)

Still have it though i don't ride it no more...

the XR250 completely replaced it :)

and i'm a much more sensible rider now... :)

fully reformed... :)

Funny thing is though i've easily had over 100 crashes, the only bone i broke in my body was a finger i busted after falling on a wet floor :lol:

and also i've never hit another vehicle...always peacefully crash on my own doing something stupid :lol: