• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Craziest Thing You Ever Did With Weels

kotte mafia

Actually it depends... speaking about the early to mid 90's models here, If you buy the LN 106, like I have, it has leaf sprung live axles all round, and usually is in very basic spec, so one might say it's not really the most comfortable. (Personally speaking though, its my daily drive and Ive had no problems).

The LN 107 had front suspension by coils, and the higher spec ones came with all the toys, one of those in good nick is really very comfortable and almost like a tall car to drive. Optimum spec would be a 58, 59 or (rare) 250- LN107 SSR-X. Good ones CAN be had for decent money if you look around.

cool...need to keep an eye out :)

i need something that can take a kayak/canoe....maybe a few mountain bikes and also be able to pull a small boat with a trailer...

cars are out and can't afford two vehicles so d.cabs are the way to go :(

nissan patrols...the older y60's and stuff area also cool just that parts for those old ladies seems to be a bit tough to find...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats generally applicable to the back seat of most double cabs, but both the front seats are OK. Tho my experience is limited to three Isuzu's and a Nissan.

one of my buddy was given an isuzu from his office and man that bloody thing was loud :) sounds like one of those massive lorry :)

but he insists it was solid as a rock and was very dependable...

not too sure about comfort though...

Amen .

I was once in my humble Mazda at the Bamba Traffic Lights (In the days before it was one way) and I see out of the corner of my eye something low and wide.....

I look, and its Mr Aravinda De Silva in his Ferrari, he saw me looking, smiled at my Thumbs up gesture, and when the lights changed drove sedately away.

Now that is a bloke who knows his cars and is a Gentleman. What does he drive now anyway? probably an SUV?

but if a maruti guy see the ferrari hell overtake it and say to his frnds my maruti is faster than a ferrari, :lol: mostly so many stupid ricers and normal cars come to race with sti's and evos on the road, but if someone come to race with me i let him go, then he can be happy thinking his car is faster than mine, :) once at kolpity rice Honda Ek3 came to race with me, then i ignored him and let him go, he was overtaking me, braking, cuting to my side and do all the things on the ricers book, i didnt had any option other than block him, pull him out of the car and teach how to drive :)

Well wheels include normal push bikes as well ne?

One day I returned home after school to find no one at home, took my bike out and challenged a friend of mine to time and run a lap round the coconut estate. I was doing quite well until I switched bikes and tried to take one corner fast, couldnt turn in and went straight into a coconut tree headfirst. Nothing happened to me but the poor chaps bike was condemned couldnt straighten it out even with a hammer JC style.

One day went to put posters for a church event on bikes and was very lucky to come behind a guy who couldnt make a turn and went headlong into the paddy fields, experience saved me there. next up I was riding that bike with another friend without brakes down a hill when I lost control and went and hit the guy in front., no injuries but the other fellow had a cut lip and all but was very lucky none of us went into the ditch.

On wheels the most scariest would have been trying to get some oversteer on my lancer full speed and turned without braking did a lil drift but luckily it didnt topple so much for that car.

Driving like a maniac on twisty roads in the lancer with people inside screaming to stop.. ( it had faulty brakes those days )

On the corolla not much but I did catch up with a guy who left me in the straights when I got into the corners, my mother was praying quite hard bro hanging on to dear life, overtook the fellow and he couldnt keep up. (the road is the one that takes you from Avissawella to Kegalle - if you go straight without turning towards Hatton)

On a trip to Ratnapura, (the new straighter road) hit 140kmph at the end of the road where you turn into the old road and took the turn shocking the guy who came on the old road.

Never was copped until recently when a maniac idiot didnt let me go after overtaking him so had to cut him and the traffic in front and got copped (after driving more than 250kms just about 10 kms from home)

cool...need to keep an eye out :)

i need something that can take a kayak/canoe....maybe a few mountain bikes and also be able to pull a small boat with a trailer...

cars are out and can't afford two vehicles so d.cabs are the way to go :(

nissan patrols...the older y60's and stuff area also cool just that parts for those old ladies seems to be a bit tough to find...

yup, like i said, Get an LN107 that's been taken care of and you're set.... :)

but if a maruti guy see the ferrari hell overtake it and say to his frnds my maruti is faster than a ferrari, :lol: mostly so many stupid ricers and normal cars come to race with sti's and evos on the road, but if someone come to race with me i let him go, then he can be happy thinking his car is faster than mine, :) once at kolpity rice Honda Ek3 came to race with me, then i ignored him and let him go, he was overtaking me, braking, cuting to my side and do all the things on the ricers book, i didnt had any option other than block him, pull him out of the car and teach how to drive :)

I didnt know you ran a driving school machan! :P

is it named A.M.A.I.K.Y.A School of driving? :lol:

(A.M.A.I.K.Y.A - Annoy Me And I'll Kick Your Ass)

I didnt know you ran a driving school machan! :P

is it named A.M.A.I.K.Y.A School of driving? :lol:

(A.M.A.I.K.Y.A - Annoy Me And I'll Kick Your Ass)

later found out that guy responsible for condeming 2 EK3's also the bugger is in the most wanted hit list, i heard he crashed 3 cars at attidiya abt 2 yrs ago and nearly crashed a DC5, then abt year ago went out of controll and went in to a house, he almost killed a man in the bathroom, :lol:

Edited by GihanFX

those are the worst kind. the best way to tackle them as i figured out ages ago is to stop the car on the side or pull over to the slow lane and hold your phone against the right ear and have a pretend phone conversation. i doubt they'll bang on about overtaking a parked car and you can get out of it with you honour preserved :lol:

Now that is a bloke who knows his cars and is a Gentleman. What does he drive now anyway? probably an SUV?

Last time I swung by the apartment complex he lives in (went to see someone else living in that complex :D ) he had the Ferrari, a BMW 7 and, if I remember right, a brand new Pug 407 in the garage. Not sure about that last, it was sometime last year.

one of my buddy was given an isuzu from his office and man that bloody thing was loud :) sounds like one of those massive lorry :)

Thats coz it has a lorry engine. Same engine as used in the Isuzu Elf lorries.

later found out that guy responsible for condeming 2 EK3's also the bugger is in the most wanted hit list, i heard he crashed 3 cars at attidiya abt 2 yrs ago and nearly crashed a DC5, then abt year ago went out of controll and went in to a house, he almost killed a man in the bathroom, :lol:

Hmm, that certainly makes my top 10 list of ways I do NOT wanna die. Taken out by a riced civic while peacefully trying to take a dump. :lol:

Hmm, that certainly makes my top 10 list of ways I do NOT wanna die. Taken out by a riced civic while peacefully trying to take a dump. :lol:

that scene hapend at moratuwa, and just imagine if that man got killed what a stupid way to die,

those are the worst kind. the best way to tackle them as i figured out ages ago is to stop the car on the side or pull over to the slow lane and hold your phone against the right ear and have a pretend phone conversation. i doubt they'll bang on about overtaking a parked car and you can get out of it with you honour preserved :lol:

if im alone in the car i can park the car side and let that Ricer go, but my x was with me that time, so i had to take some action

ROTFLMAO :hah: sorry mate couldn't help laughing out loud as you couldn't even finish your phrase and rear ended a lorry, can imagine what embarrassing it would be... At least did she wait till you finish with insurance guys to share a ride in the bus or so?? :rolleyes:

however whenever doing the same or checking out some good objects on the road I keep on watching the traffic from a corner of the eye.. never ever take your eyes completely out of the sight.

After the accident i cant rem a b her :unsure: but i found my specs 3 days later :lol:

all right.. did the normal stuff.. as u have all mentioned.. including the making out thing... hmmm.. but the crazieist thing was at williams junction.. we were kinda drunk too.. there were four of us in my car me inclusive. we all decided in the red light... we would open our doors at the same time. run anround the car once and get back to our original seats... u should have seen the look on the faces of the other cars in the traffic.. it happned all so fast and i have tinted windows too.. so they couldnt stare at us directly...
lol, that's called the Chinese fire drill ... funny shit ...

i'm trying to figure out whats worse

being seen by a driver in riced up civic when u are naked or seeing a riced civic when you got your pants down :lol:

oh man wish someone did film us too.. we were perfect.. everyone opned the doors at the same time, and no mishapps.. perfect.. nice to know there are names for this thing..

In the interests of furthering knowledge :unsure: I volunteer to film you Charitha19 , so plan the event and You Tube will never be da same again. :rolleyes:

Am sure the MFOC commitee :food-smiley-004: will also help in getting all the different angles of this choreographed :lol: move.

cheers

true that there are some rotten apples in the bucket but hey peri don't start blaming the civic for the ppl who drive it ... most of the guys who used to own them were quite ok ... nigel,asanka galaboda,wahab brothers,zakie i guess even our andy used to own one and each and every dood loved it for it's carrector to make u smile ..and the power to bring your wild side out for a affordable price ... and if you ask even though they climbed to the next step in the automobile ladder and started driving high performance rides liek Sti's and Evo's they still have a very special place for the honda :action-smiley-060: .... it's like the first girlfriend you met at school though now she's a slut you still cherish the good memories you had with her ..... & still see wet dreams ... :angry-smiley-048:

guess alot of the old school doods who owned them weren't moron's .. the thing is mainly with the new gen who started buying civics ... <_<

Edited by kotte mafia

.... it's like the first girlfriend you met at school though now she's a slut you still cherish the good memories you had with her ..... & still see wet dreams ... :angry-smiley-048:

thats rubish, i dnt rember who the hell was my 1st GF, btw we takng abt Riced up hondas machan, not the TypeR's DC5 and DC2,

i don't mind modding up a EK3 or a Eg8 upto a Type R status or dressing her up to make her look good but the stupid graphity and wings with that big furt barrel is what gives all the good die hard honda lovers a bad name .....

but what i can't understand is when someone rice up a civic every one talks about it but if some one does the same to a subaru or a lancer alot of people tend to ignore it .... may be becos ppl think machang that all the bad A$$ good for nothing maniacs you only honda's

Edited by kotte mafia

there are some samples in AL it self like one Subaru B4 old model i saw on AL add's with a funny body kit ...it was like some mutated child of jason and frankanstine .... :angry-smiley-048: and a few kitted up lancers which made me laugh from my A$$

Edited by kotte mafia

One incident that comes to mind was when a group of friends decided to do an early morning drive to benthota one day, Two VW Beetles and a Nissan 300ZX :lol:

well after a good breakfast the two Beetle drivers(one was me) decided that it would be fun to put the beetle's fabled traction to good use and drive on the beach!!

dsc00057u.jpg

all went well for the first few minutes, until I decided to try a U turn and moved close to the sea! before I could say "oh Sh**" was stuck up to the Axles in sand!! took a hell of a lot of pushing, shoving, shouting and sweating before we finally got the car out!

dsc00061u.jpg

another incident i remember is this power war i had with a friend at school. we were always trying to outdo each other with speed and my friend is most famous for stalling his car outside the school gates trying to spin the wheels in front of the girls :lol:

one fateful sunday we were racing down the marine drive. it was the race to end all races as we were running them one on one with no conditions and it was case of winner takes it all. sadly it was unusually busy for a sunday and we couldnt really put the hammer down till we got to last wide stretch before bamba station even though we started the race at the other end. by this time he had overtaken me and rest of the traffic ahead of us by driving off road. so i had a lot of work to do to preserve my reputation and that of my car :P

so the road cleared up completely as i was going past the hfc. he was way ahead of me but i managed to overtake him doing around 170-180. just as i got the lead i saw him hitting the breaks really hard. so i turned back and wondering why he did that. but as i looked back down the road i realised it was going nowhere. and that we've almost reached the bamba station (where the marine drive ended then).

so i hit the breaks the hardest n there i was going from 180-0 at full force. i swerved the car all over the road to lengthen the distance. but it wasnt good enough and i went over this ditch at the end of the tarmac doing about 50 catching some air and landing hard on the this empty lot next to the station where some kids were playing. the kids had already run to shelter when they started hearing the skid noise. and i managed to turn around just before this wall. anyways i quickly drove out before the people there made a scene.

Disclaimer: this was like one of the highlights of my schoolboy antics. and i'll probably never see the likes of it again. and if i ever decide to race someone again i'd do it in the most controlled environment. and those who drive down marine drive at full throttle, please be carful.

but what i can't understand is when someone rice up a civic every one talks about it but if some one does the same to a subaru or a lancer alot of people tend to ignore it .... may be becos ppl think machang that all the bad A$$ good for nothing maniacs you only honda's

there are few impreza wagons with loud exhaust and WRX emblem, yeah people tend to ignore them, the main reason is most of the big stupid accidents hapend cus of some rice Hondas,

less than month ago Rice EK3 guy went and hit 5 vehicles at Attidiya. and 2 people were bit serious, people got so mad with the driver and they beat him, cus of these careless drivers people will hate all the performance cars

true that there are some rotten apples in the bucket but hey peri don't start blaming the civic for the ppl who drive it ... most of the guys who used to own them were quite ok ... nigel,asanka galaboda,wahab brothers,zakie i guess even our andy used to own one and each and every dood loved it for it's carrector to make u smile ..and the power to bring your wild side out for a affordable price ... and if you ask even though they climbed to the next step in the automobile ladder and started driving high performance rides liek Sti's and Evo's they still have a very special place for the honda :action-smiley-060: .... it's like the first girlfriend you met at school though now she's a slut you still cherish the good memories you had with her ..... & still see wet dreams ... :angry-smiley-048:

guess alot of the old school doods who owned them weren't moron's .. the thing is mainly with the new gen who started buying civics ... <_<

Nigel used a proper Type R and Andy had a ITR. The main problem we have with the "young gen" as you call them is they think they have Type Rs when all it has is a sticker from some third rate Chinese maker of accessories and try things that the car isn't capable of. Civics and Civic Type Rs are entirely different cars. From chassis on up.

i don't mind modding up a EK3 or a Eg8 upto a Type R status or dressing her up to make her look good but the stupid graphity and wings with that big furt barrel is what gives all the good die hard honda lovers a bad name .....

Oh, we have laughed plenty at them too. Only those cars are really all show and no go, so the owners don't try stupid stuff. For one coz the kit is expensive and two coz they really can't even if they tried with all that weight. And modding a Eg8 to Type R status is not possible. For one thing, Type Rs have always been hatches, until the latest gen. For another, the EG series didn't have a Type R, they had a SiR. Even a EK would be tough, coz of the chassis is different, in addition to engine, suspension, gear box, differential. You might as well buy the original car coz you'll need to change just about everything else.

there are some samples in AL it self like one Subaru B4 old model i saw on AL add's with a funny body kit ...it was like some mutated child of jason and frankanstine .... :angry-smiley-048: and a few kitted up lancers which made me laugh from my A$$

We made fun of those too. And thats not a B4, its a Legacy.