• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Lankan Evo Boy!

Evo-Chamal

Ahh yes do agree – I was meaning the lowering to the scare our friend in the US has done – I guess where u work/live & the route u take plays a important part- some roads are so bad that 4x4 find it difficult :D not to mention the 5 min rain & the whole bloody roads are flooded - I would love to have a low car but rather stick with the current setup – My rear is up in the air (The car’s i mean :lol: )

Ya saw your ride @ da AL G2G - really nice man - keep it up - testimant to say our SL boys got what it takes too

yeah the route is very important, those days my car was more 1.5 inches lower than now, but with that gorund clearance i couldnt go to Premadasa Sports Centre, so thosedays i have to park the car and walk :angry: with the curent ground clearance can go on most of the roads but the side effects of the hard suspension and high quality roads of SL gves comfy for the back :P

Pretty much stock right now. Ohlins coilovers going on this weekend. Did three years of autox, aiming for a NASA TT license this year.

Filter through the personal pics and you'll find a few galleries here.

http://www.thepadayas.com/galleries.php

Sweet man! Great pics, looks like you've done lots of track events/autoX's! Maybe we'll meet at a track one day :) And machan I want Ohlins coilovers you lucky bastard. dream top of the line pieces in my opinion. You going with newer models? DFVs or Flags?

Edited by Evo-Chamal

Sweet man! Great pics, looks like you've done lots of track events/autoX's! Maybe we'll meet at a track one day :) And machan I want Ohlins coilovers you lucky bastard. dream top of the line pieces in my opinion. You going with newer models? DFVs or Flags?

They came off a friend's car. Might need a rebuild, we'll see.

http://www.vishnutuning.com/evo_ohlins_coilover.htm

Nice Ride Chamal. a lot of my ME buddies ended up at Cummins. I went to UK and lived in KY for 7 yrs.. I am sure its quite different from Cali :)

Good lord you have a real 6.5 TME???? :sad-smiley-023: They are so rare I've never even seen one in real life! How did u manage to get that piece into SL?

sssshhh! dont ask questions, he has mafia connections man.... :)

They came off a friend's car. Might need a rebuild, we'll see.

http://www.vishnutuning.com/evo_ohlins_coilover.htm

Oh snap! Vishnu tuning, I used to hang out with those boys when I lived in Cali! In fact, I had 2 close Sri Lankan friends out their (both with Evos as well) who were two of Vishnu tunings first customers. In fact, the black and silver Evo 8's in the pictures here: http://www.vishnutuning.com/evo.htm both belong to Sri Lankans :D

And on top of it all those Vishnu Spec Ohlins where actually prototyped and developed on my buddies silver 8! The same car was even taken to American Touge with the final produciton Ohlins and driven by Keiichi Tsuchiya (Drift King) himself! Small world huh? Sri Lankans representing in the evo underworld hehehe! :D

Nice Ride Chamal. a lot of my ME buddies ended up at Cummins. I went to UK and lived in KY for 7 yrs.. I am sure its quite different from Cali :)

Ah nice! Do you know any SL's currently working at Cummins? I only know of 1 fellow but I don't even know him well. This place is full of suddhas and indians...

**************EVERYBODY PLEASE READ THIS*************

On a completely unrelated note. My mom just returned from Sri Lanka and she was telling me that while she was there, she had gone to some relatives house and found out that the husband of that house was into Evo's! She mentioned his name, something like Nishan or Nishanth or Nishantha I think? Is there anybody in SL like that you guys have heard of, I expect him to be a bit older maybe 30's, because apparently he is a family man now. But my mother tells me he was a big Evo nut in his day, and he even got some of his young nephews involved in the Evo scene as well. I don't know any of these fellows personally, but it turns out we are distant cousins and the husband fellow is some sort of distant uncle! I can't help but feel that despite being half a world away we are being drawn together by fate and Evo's! :D How cool is that?

If anybody here knows the people I'm talking about PLEASE PLEASE direct them to this thread so I can meet them! That would be the coolest thing ever!

Edited by Evo-Chamal

Oh snap! Vishnu tuning, I used to hang out with those boys when I lived in Cali! In fact, I had 2 close Sri Lankan friends out their (both with Evos as well) who were two of Vishnu tunings first customers. In fact, the black and silver Evo 8's in the pictures here: http://www.vishnutuning.com/evo.htm both belong to Sri Lankans :D

And on top of it all those Vishnu Spec Ohlins where actually prototyped and developed on my buddies silver 8! The same car was even taken to American Touge with the final produciton Ohlins and driven by Keiichi Tsuchiya (Drift King) himself! Small world huh? Sri Lankans representing in the evo underworld hehehe! :D

No way! Small world indeed. Did your friend end up getting an S2000? This wouldn't happen to be him would it?

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=634752

I nearly sold mine to get an S2000, but then over the winter I did a few snow events and I realized that the S2000 would never be all the different cars an Evo can be. Track car, rally car, autocross car, rallycross car, snowcross car, bike transport, AND grocery getter!

No way! Small world indeed. Did your friend end up getting an S2000? This wouldn't happen to be him would it?

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=634752

I nearly sold mine to get an S2000, but then over the winter I did a few snow events and I realized that the S2000 would never be all the different cars an Evo can be. Track car, rally car, autocross car, rallycross car, snowcross car, bike transport, AND grocery getter!

Hahaha thats the man!!!! OMG lol ahh its asitha the man lol The Rising Suns!!! hahaha what a small world :D

On a completely unrelated note. My mom just returned from Sri Lanka and she was telling me that while she was there, she had gone to some relatives house and found out that the husband of that house was into Evo's! She mentioned his name, something like Nishan or Nishanth or Nishantha I think? Is there anybody in SL like that you guys have heard of, I expect him to be a bit older maybe 30's, because apparently he is a family man now. But my mother tells me he was a big Evo nut in his day, and he even got some of his young nephews involved in the Evo scene as well. I don't know any of these fellows personally, but it turns out we are distant cousins and the husband fellow is some sort of distant uncle! I can't help but feel that despite being half a world away we are being drawn together by fate and Evo's! :D How cool is that?

If anybody here knows the people I'm talking about PLEASE PLEASE direct them to this thread so I can meet them! That would be the coolest thing ever![/b]

quite likely that its Nishan Weerasooriya - he isn't on the forum afaik

but you'd do well to wait for the owner of Sri Lanka's only Evo X owner to show up as he always does - "Mivec.Turbo" could well be lurking right at this moment ;)

i recon that between the two of them they'd have owned a fair share of the first ever Evo's of any generation ever brought into Sri Lanka (&raced as well :D )