• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bbq Grill

tharindu6

cos if you get it wrong (i.e. not cook it long enough) you might end up with a case of severe illness. as for improvising check this out

n19224080_38008062_79.jpg

well that's the case with chicken too innit?

salmonella loves chicken and especially if you use thick chicken with bones and don't cook it long enough...you're in big trouble...

been there and didn't like the experience :P

pork i always get it nicely sliced into thinner pieces no ensure proper cooking...

IMHO pork and beef is the best for bbq... :P

ripper stiil waiting to see ur BBQ gril pics

sorry machang went home late yesterday after a late night in office... didn't have the time to take pics...

Couldn't do it in the morning cos my damn dog was running riot after breaking off his collar...

will take some pics over the weekend and upload here...

that's all i have at the moment and it aint showing much how it was put together

Edited by Ripper

sorry machang went home late yesterday after a late night in office... didn't have the time to take pics...

Couldn't do it in the morning cos my damn dog was running riot after breaking off his collar...

will take some pics over the weekend and upload here...

that's all i have at the moment and it aint showing much how it was put together

Thast alrite bro...no worries :) um not in a hurry..hey buytheway today i spoke to one of my friends who has a shed..he told me there are brand new barrels for 900 buks

Thast alrite bro...no worries :) um not in a hurry..hey buytheway today i spoke to one of my friends who has a shed..he told me there are brand new barrels for 900 buks

good deal machang...take it!

just try to see if you can get one without dings and bangs...

mine had a lot and i though it would be easy to hammer them back to shape... big mistake :P

well that's the case with chicken too innit?

salmonella loves chicken and especially if you use thick chicken with bones and don't cook it long enough...you're in big trouble...

been there and didn't like the experience :P

pork i always get it nicely sliced into thinner pieces no ensure proper cooking...

IMHO pork and beef is the best for bbq... :P

im more worried about diarrhea actually. if the pork wasnt not fully cooked you might wanna take a day off :P

im more worried about diarrhea actually. if the pork wasnt not fully cooked you might wanna take a day off :P

I never tasted pork in sl but I eat half cooked and slightly grilled pork in Thailand all the times but I am always fine.

good deal machang...take it!

just try to see if you can get one without dings and bangs...

mine had a lot and i though it would be easy to hammer them back to shape... big mistake :P

Ok bro then I'll go for it in the week end.. :)

I never tasted pork in sl but I eat half cooked and slightly grilled pork in Thailand all the times but I am always fine.

he he he...then u must be having a sesoned tummy like most of the sri lankans have... B)

well thais cook some mean pork dishes there mate...

god knows what goes into it and how well the meat is cooked or not... but they taste bloody good over a few singha beers... :)

well thais cook some mean pork dishes there mate...

god knows what goes into it and how well the meat is cooked or not... but they taste bloody good over a few singha beers... :)

The trick is few sauces which make their dishes tastier.

Especially the fish sauce. When you just smell it you can’t just bare as it’s got some nasty smell. But when it comes to eating its bloody lovely.

Have you guys thought about getting some of the components brought down for a gas-grill? I know that LP gas leaves a synthetic taste in the meat but its a whole lot easier and lot less messier. If you really wanted the wood smell in food, you can burn small pieces of cedar under the meat. I personally have one of these but you can buy the components like replacement grils, hoods, thermometers, etc. from char-broil directly. I once had an ambitious plan to assemble them in SL and re-brand it and sell to public under the name char-max :)

now for the threadjack - I was wondering if you outdoor-culinary experts can give me some pointers on how to make a kottu-griddle (or what ever its called). I can get a T off the propane line and add a 2-burner cooker and then add some aluminum or stainless surface to beat the kottu. I think they use AL wrapped around a steel frame for this in SL... I would really appreciate if someone can confirm.

Edited by dhp

Have you guys thought about getting some of the components brought down for a gas-grill? I know that LP gas leaves a synthetic taste in the meat but its a whole lot easier and lot less messier. If you really wanted the wood smell in food, you can burn small pieces of cedar under the meat. I personally have one of these but you can buy the components like replacement grils, hoods, thermometers, etc. from char-broil directly. I once had an ambitious plan to able to assemble them in SL and re-brand it and sell to public under the name char-max :)

now for the threadjack - I was wondering if you outdoor-culinary experts can give me some pointers on how to make a kottu-griddle (or what ever its called). I can get a T off the propane line and add a 2-burner cooker and then add some aluminum or stainless surface to beat the kottu. I think they use AL wrapped around a steel frame for this in SL... I would really appreciate if someone can confirm.

We have a very basic kottu plate at home..its a plate of aluminum my dad bought from somewhere...as far as i see u are on the correct path.. :) u just need a metal plate to put the kotthu and 2 pieces of metal to beat the damn thing..will try to find the plate 2mrw and i'll upload some pics.. :) the secret of making tasy kotthu is "never wash the kotthu plate" ;)

I personally have one of these

hey thats nice machan..but im looking for a basic one cuz im not going to BBQ every week....its just for fun and may be if i go on a trip or summin I can take it with me..so it should be cheap and rugged.. and may be for the next AL G2G we can have a BBQ.. :alc:

hey thats nice machan..but im looking for a basic one cuz im not going to BBQ every week....its just for fun and may be if i go on a trip or summin I can take it with me..so it should be cheap and rugged.. and may be for the next AL G2G we can have a BBQ.. :alc:

sorry about the confusion.... there are some nice portable grills out there. If you're making one with barrels, try to get a flat bottom made for the charcoal tank or you will have uneven heat and wasted coal.

We have a very basic kottu plate at home..its a plate of aluminum my dad bought from somewhere...as far as i see u are on the correct path.. smile.gif u just need a metal plate to put the kotthu and 2 pieces of metal to beat the damn thing..will try to find the plate 2mrw and i'll upload some pics.. smile.gif the secret of making tasy kotthu is "never wash the kotthu plate" wink.gif

Thanks, I'll be waiting for the pics