• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Slt Reduced Broad Band Charges!!

AMG

Sorry Madz, I have seen the link you mentioned as well and also I checked the following two and came to the decision of Channel C is belong to DTV as I thought Wide Angle Production may be a subsidiary of Dialog.

Dialog Press Release

Sunday Times

Correct me If I am wrong.

Couple of blogs says its operated by Torana and and some sites says Wide Angle Production Pvt Ltd like dialog say.

Any body have any idea?

It is a collaboration between Wide Angle and Torana.. (not DTV) but based on the existing contracts and agreements don't think it will be available on other networks any time soon.. <_<

Devinda: Yes, they are the people who make local music videos, and must say quite a talented lot..

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It means that when a person is out of 3.5km range from the nearest exchange will not be able to enjoy the IPTV or SLT has to increase the number of exchanges islandwide. How does this gonna work long term?

this is a common requirement in country's with poor telephony infrastructure. for example BT Vision has similar requirements. instead of distance i think the minimum requirement is the user should receive atelast 2mb bandwidth to his location.

AFAIK in the long run they just need increase the capacity/technology in the exchanges instead of setting up new ones.

i suggest dont go for PEOTV yet, as they have some bandwitdth issues to deal with. which they are sorting out now.,. in the meantime DTV is also doing and upgrade.. so be calm..

dang...can't wait for DTV to go HD, though I don't think that will happen anytime soon. it sucks at high res

none of the indian satellite providers provide HD either :(

speaking of SLT, has anyone tried the higher bandwidth versions of SLT? does SLT have any download limits?

Edited by Saturn

its quite a smart move cutting the ADSL rates by a 1000 - seeing as an existing subscriber might be rather tempted to go in for a cable TV connection with the Rs.1000 a month he is due to save , given that he'd have paid that without much fuss in the first place!

speaking of SLT, has anyone tried the higher bandwidth versions of SLT? does SLT have any download limits?

i don't recall SLT ever having any download limits :mellow:

it was Dialog that originally had a cap on the downloads per month.. :unsure:

The Home package is limited to 1GB or summin, the old 1000 buck package, now 500 bucks. Not a limit as such in that you can exceed it, but then you pay extra for your additional downloads.

The package which is limited to 1GB called Entree Package machan. And the additional charges are 50cents for 1MB. Home Package is the unlimited one with monthly charge of Rs1600. (was Rs2600)

The package which is limited to 1GB called Entree Package machan. And the additional charges are 50cents for 1MB. Home Package is the unlimited one with monthly charge of Rs1600. (was Rs2600)

The home package was 2,250/- + VAT earlier...

so it's a 650/- decrement.... :rolleyes:

further the max u hav to pay for entree is 3,500/-

The home package was 2,250/- + VAT earlier...

so it's a 650/- decrement.... :rolleyes:

further the max u hav to pay for entree is 3,500/-

Friend of mine got a bill for 8,800 after her bro decided to download some music without knowing of the limit. At least, she said he said music. Thats a lotta "music" to make 8.8k! :rolleyes:

Friend of mine got a bill for 8,800 after her bro decided to download some music without knowing of the limit. At least, she said he said music. Thats a lotta "music" to make 8.8k! :rolleyes:

this "music" must've accompanied some visuals as well me thinks :P