• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Slt Reduced Broad Band Charges!!

AMG

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you accept that The Entire Country Is One Mobitel Family By Getting All The Services From The National Mobile Services Provider of Sri Lanka... :lol:

Sorry this is a not paid advertisement.

:lol: this was not intentional machang(mostly)...we've been using SLT from the time land phone's were introduced...and my dad was one of the frst customer's mobitel had when they launched their analog coverage way back in the 90's...and now i'm using their ADSL and M3...so it's more of a "danna yaka hondai,nodanna yakata wadiya" scenario :)

mobitel had when they launched their analog coverage way back in the 90's

"danna yaka hondai,nodanna yakata wadiya" scenario :)

well the its more like "the known devil is better than the unknown angel" :)

but i'll tell you this much, i feel as though Mobitels analog coverage and clarity back in the days of "gadol bage's" & "gadol kaala's" was just a smidge better than what we get now from all the gsm operators

well the its more like "the known devil is better than the unknown angel" :)

but i'll tell you this much, i feel as though Mobitels analog coverage and clarity back in the days of "gadol bage's" & "gadol kaala's" was just a smidge better than what we get now from all the gsm operators

Mobitel has been doing well from the day they have started machan. Also their coverage, clarity and also CS been good from the start too.

Since i was interested in peo tv thing. found out that they (SLT) increase the broadband speed upto 3.5 mbps just for the IPTV. but that doesn't work for ADSL connection used to browse internet. and your house need to around 3.5Km range from the SLT exchange to get maximum performance it seems.

Sorry OT.

Have you guys tried the Google Chrome web browser? I am trying from last night and sounds good. Good speed and It has got MS Word type Spell Checks on the forums too. Free download from google.com

Edited by Bharath

Since i was interested in peo tv thing. found out that they (SLT) increase the broadband speed upto 3.5 mbps just for the IPTV. but that doesn't work for ADSL connection used to browse internet. and your house need to around 3.5Km range from the SLT exchange to get maximum performance it seems.

yeah they increse speed to 3.5 but the net speed dosent increse, the 3.5Km range is very important, or else image quaity is low

yeah they increse speed to 3.5 but the net speed dosent increse, the 3.5Km range is very important, or else image quaity is low

It means that when a person is out of 3.5km range from the nearest exchange will not be able to enjoy the IPTV or SLT has to increase the number of exchanges islandwide. How does this gonna work long term?

now see.... it might be whether proof... but hmmmm.... technology limitations..? ?? yes i would think so.... :D

unlike its competitier (DTV) where the satalilte foot print covers the whole island...

Hmmm thats what they say machan. but the people came to fix the antenna for my DTV connection check each and every angle possible but the thing doesn't work.. maybe something wrong with satellite i guess :lol:

Edited by Ruslan

Hmmm thats what they say machan. but the people came to fix the antenna for my DTV connection check each and every angle possible but the thing doesn't work.. maybe something wrong with satellite i guess :lol:

Yeah, machan this happens sometimes. IF signals from GSM base stations are known to create disturbances sometimes. Perhaps your area is populated with base stations.. :unsure:

PS: By any chance are you living around Wattala...?

now see.... it might be whether proof... but hmmmm.... technology limitations..? ?? yes i would think so.... :D

unlike its competitier (DTV) where the satalilte foot print covers the whole island...

Yes, and add to that they have not gone for a robust and reliable infrastructure due to "politics" makes me even more doubtful.. :mellow: And not to mention a software based conditional access system which is prone to hacks... :angry-smiley-024:

It means that when a person is out of 3.5km range from the nearest exchange will not be able to enjoy the IPTV or SLT has to increase the number of exchanges islandwide. How does this gonna work long term?

when u submit an application they will check the distance, if it above 4.5 they reject the application, but for the best quality it shoud be 3.5 between Home and Exchange

had a chance to use PeoTv first hand this afternoon

satisfactory :)

but their biggest if at all only major noticable shortfall is the rather limited choice of channels :(

Yep I used PeoTV for 2 months(test connection) along with my DTV...I would say both has it's advantages and disadvantages. Main disadvantage of PeoTv is limited choice of channels those days. Not sure whether they have added new channels now. Therefor I decided to stay with my existing DTV for the moment.

Btw guys who owns Channel 'C' ?? Is there any possibility of PeoTV having Channel 'C' in the future?

DTV.

I googled it and found that it's own by Torana.

Sri Lanka's first 24 Hour Sinhala Language Music Channel is expected to commence broadcasting on the Dialog TV platform from March 1st 2008.

This channel operated by Torana called "Channel C" is presently available on Dialog Mobile TV and is the first in Sri Lanka to follow the format adopted by international channels such as Music Television. It also becomes the second locally operated pay channel after "CiTi HiTz".

"Channel C" is expected to revolutionize the music industry in Sri Lanka and would become a stepping stone for budding young singers who want to take their music beyond radio and onto the television screens.

Hopefully this channel would eventually be available on other pay television platforms in the country after the initial contract with Dialog TV expires and would also be broadcast to pay television operators overseas for the benefit of the expatriates.

Source: TV Radio blog post

I googled it and found that it's own by Torana.

Sorry Madz, I have seen the link you mentioned as well and also I checked the following two and came to the decision of Channel C is belong to DTV as I thought Wide Angle Production may be a subsidiary of Dialog.

Dialog Press Release

Sunday Times

Correct me If I am wrong.

Couple of blogs says its operated by Torana and and some sites says Wide Angle Production Pvt Ltd like dialog say.

Any body have any idea?

Edited by Bharath