• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Slt Reduced Broad Band Charges!!

AMG

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't realize this but that a brilliant find Bharath!

i guess they were saving it as a pleasant suprise for the next bill! :lol:

on the subject of ADSL & SLT , does anyone here use PEOTV ??

is it any good?

they've got this offer going on and been wondering if its worth getting?

not sure of their channels etc , but any feedback from a current user would be great! :)

this was the offer i was on about

98590657.jpg

w800.png

i don't know anyone who's got a PeoTv connection (is that saying something about it?? :unsure: ) so getting feedback is a tad hard...

anyone?? :huh:

im looking for someone who uses peo tv too.. I'm sick of this dialog TV's lame excuses about picture quality. first month they send me a bill without even tuning the damn antenna (there's nothing on the TV). i wanna get rid of it soon as possible. herd the quality was great on SLT's one. and the set top box is better i guess.

i suggest dont go for PEOTV yet, as they have some bandwitdth issues to deal with. which they are sorting out now.,. in the meantime DTV is also doing and upgrade.. so be calm..

well...don't know much about peo... but i believe they are somewhat "weather" proof for starters :)

my DTV is my early warning system on impending downpour... :)

bloody thing goes of when there's thick cloud cover just before a major rainfall :angry-smiley-048:

also IMO DTV customer support sucks big time...

well...don't know much about peo... but i believe they are somewhat "weather" proof for starters :)

bloody thing goes of when there's thick cloud cover just before a major rainfall :angry-smiley-048:

well that might be true as the DTV is only now getting the full staff intergration from dialog... however the rain fade issue is a common phoenomna for DTH (Direct to home) technology.. if u want to avoid it or atleast minimize it u need to obtain a bigger dish.. which u cal alwyas do at a price from DTV... to eliminate it completely one has to go for a VSAT frequecny change.. if that were to happen DTV cannont be sold at the currnet prices.. so its a cost issue...

Them arrows fired in the dark are finding unintended targets macho :)

well that might be true as the DTV is only now getting the full staff intergration from dialog... however the rain fade issue is a common phoenomna for DTH (Direct to home) technology.. if u want to avoid it or atleast minimize it u need to obtain a bigger dish.. which u cal alwyas do at a price from DTV... to eliminate it completely one has to go for a VSAT frequecny change.. if that were to happen DTV cannont be sold at the currnet prices.. so its a cost issue...

u working for dialog by any chance? :P:lol:

oh no.. i have been compramised... :o .. but i spoke the truth u know.. u want rain fade to go away.. u need to buy a bigger dish.. or DTV has to change the technology... the later is expensive.. so RAIN FADE it is... :rolleyes:

I have been using DTV for nearly two years and I can say that I never watched any long program without any interruption. The technicians came few times and did something in the dish as well. Also they changed the encoder (free upgrade they say) couple of months ago as well and the result is still the same. And the Customer service is crap. You have to call them again and again to get something done.

I don’t know why Dialog is doing this. I love their GSM service and a satisfied customer for 11 years.

DTV sucks.

You are absolutely correct Charitha.. Rain Fade is a common phenomena experienced by all Ku band operators.. A small correction though, VSAT also operates on the Ku band. (Only the first VSAT were of the C band). Ku band is of higher frequency than C band thus more fading due to the simple logic of higher the frequency, higher the attenuation.

The shortcoming of C band is that being of lower frequency one would need larger dishes for reception. Currently DTV uses C band to receive foreign channels before up linking. Therefore quality is maintained in that link critical link. But using C band to transmit for the end customers is not feasible due to the higher costs which needs to be paid for C band transponders as well as due to the expensive customer equipment.

The new box has a better sensitivity than the older boxes thus reducing rain fade further, also up link power control is done to maximize the power level delivered to the end users during rainy times. So as you can see DTV is doing all it can to minimize rain fade effects and for sure it has been achieved to some extent in recent times.

And the Customer service is crap. You have to call them again and again to get something done.

I don’t know why Dialog is doing this. I love their GSM service and a satisfied customer for 11 years.

DTV sucks.

Well speaking about the customer care, it is the same team that handles both GSM and DTV issues therefore blaming it on DTV customer care while praising the GSM customer care is not fare. There are some simple reasons why DTV customer issues can not be sorted out as easily as GSM issues.

1) All GSM issues could be solved without much hassle while some DTV issues can not be solved easily (such as rain fade)

2) DTV owns and maintains the customer premises equipment while GSM does not. Therefore the issues that need resolving and the number of complaints are higher. (You would not call Dialog customer care if your phone battery dies, would you....?)

3) Customer subscription management and entitlement control is a whole different kettle of fish than the GSM systems and a place where security is of prime importance thus evoking more issues.

4) Unlike in GSM where you would tolerate and retry if the system is not available, a 5 second blank screen is enough to put the customers off. In fact this is the toughest challenge faced by IPTV as well and SLT system is yet to be tested with a sufficient load..

Anyway, take my word DTV is doing its level best to deliver the best quality to the customers but some of the inherent obstacles are still standing in the way and hope people will be patient since DTV is still in its evolving stage.. <_<

Well speaking about the customer care, it is the same team that handles both GSM and DTV issues therefore blaming it on DTV customer care while praising the GSM customer care is not fare. There are some simple reasons why DTV customer issues can not be sorted out as easily as GSM issues.

1) All GSM issues could be solved without much hassle while some DTV issues can not be solved easily (such as rain fade)

2) DTV owns and maintains the customer premises equipment while GSM does not. Therefore the issues that need resolving and the number of complaints are higher. (You would not call Dialog customer care if your phone battery dies, would you....?)

3) Customer subscription management and entitlement control is a whole different kettle of fish than the GSM systems and a place where security is of prime importance thus evoking more issues.

4) Unlike in GSM where you would tolerate and retry if the system is not available, a 5 second blank screen is enough to put the customers off. In fact this is the toughest challenge faced by IPTV as well and SLT system is yet to be tested with a sufficient load..

Anyway, take my word DTV is doing its level best to deliver the best quality to the customers but some of the inherent obstacles are still standing in the way and hope people will be patient since DTV is still in its evolving stage.. <_<

You have a point too machan. Lets wait then.

And never knew that the same CS team handles the DTV and DGSM. Thanks for the info machan.

BTW do you work for Dialog?

I have been using DTV for nearly two years and I can say that I never watched any long program without any interruption. The technicians came few times and did something in the dish as well. Also they changed the encoder (free upgrade they say) couple of months ago as well and the result is still the same. And the Customer service is crap. You have to call them again and again to get something done.

DTV sucks.

yeah machan i've heard the same a story as yours from a fair few people,programme interruption and crappy customer care..

i'm seriously considering going for peotv,mainly because of the clear picture and non-inturruptive service...and that "video on demand" thing should be pretty nifty too

anyway i'm very happy with SLT and it's affiliated company's... we've been using their services like landphone,ADSL,Mobitel M3 for sometime...so naturally i prefer to give my business of cable tv to them as well

because of the clear picture and non-inturruptive service...and that "video on demand" thing should be pretty nifty too

Don't be too sure on the non-interruptive services machan.. In the end it is all down to bandwidth and you would know how difficult it is to provide a guaranteed bandwidth.. :unsure:

Also the "video on demand" currently has only a few nature documentaries and a handful of songs.. Verify with a user on this.. Also "trick play" is only available for local channels... :action-smiley-060: So I would not jump into IPTV just yet.. Lets see how their system is going to cope first.. Also would be good to analyze why IPTV has not really taken off anywhere in the world yet..

anyway i'm very happy with SLT and it's affiliated company's... we've been using their services like landphone,ADSL,Mobitel M3 for sometime...so naturally i prefer to give my business of cable tv to them as well

So you accept that The Entire Country Is One Mobitel Family By Getting All The Services From The National Mobile Services Provider of Sri Lanka... :lol:

Sorry this is a not paid advertisement.