• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Petrolheads Vs. Girls

JadeyBlitzen

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well talking about me, my GF thought that I loved vehicles more than her. Went through couple of arguments, but now it's ok. (after I started to show more attention to her)

thanks to your 2nd statement on you err "unstable" friend i almost missed that point. petrolhead-onism is like science. if u get really involved in it and you are no different from a boffin. take someone like quintin wilson for an example. he's only halfway there. but still rather boring on telly.

i've felt many a time that thanks to my fascination about cars i've arrived in this pulling game rather late (well, better late than never). i dont know if other hardcore car buffs have felt the same way but i think this would make a more family friendly discussion than that of a fat whore being given a once over by a man who cant afford to buy car big enough to have sex in ;)

its the official video. search it on youtube

I was just mentioning about the specific link and the you tube machan.

I have seen shut up and drive by rihanna video on tele. Also it's bit old song too. I remember it was released in late 2007.

Just coz there are a few exceptions doesn't mean it applies as a rule. There are only so many VBHs and Danica Patricks in the world. Besides, Rihanna just sings it, no guarantee she wrote it. Tho she does get good cars for her videos. F430 on Shut up and Drive, and a 911 on Take a Bow.

I was just mentioning about the specific link and the you tube machan.

I have seen shut up and drive by rihanna video on tele. Also it's bit old song too. I remember it was released in late 2007.

sorry! i thought you havent seen the vid. yep that happens all the time when you pass links from a foreign country to sl. rather annoying i'd say.

Just coz there are a few exceptions doesn't mean it applies as a rule. There are only so many VBHs and Danica Patricks in the world. Besides, Rihanna just sings it, no guarantee she wrote it. Tho she does get good cars for her videos. F430 on Shut up and Drive, and a 911 on Take a Bow.

don't forget jodie kidd... as for vbh all you have to say is victoria and i get excited :P

don't know how we ended up liking her cos if you saw her back in her early days (top gear 97-) you'd see her true form. im guessing she matured and we got more acquainted to her form. but even now when i see an old video of her i wonder what we see in her.

sometimes it makes me think its that whole women being interested in car thing. but then again no one really fancied michelle newman :lol:

anyone got any ideas?

True. Was thinking the same.

Lol, you seem to have had a few bad experiences there mate :lol:

but you do raise a fair point, in certain situations being a Petrol-head DOES kinda alienate the fairer sex, but the key thing is, It doesnt always happen.

There are a fair few women who can appreciate interesting cars and guys who have them, and I've found that certain women are extremely tolerant of the whole petrolhead thing, even going so far as to make the odd expression of interest themselves! I've been lucky that way i guess ;)

One thing i've noticed though, With the fairer sex, Classics gather a lot more positive attention from the "right" sort of girl, than something with wings/fins/strobe lights/fart cannons and multi-billion decibel sound systems.

Absa **** lutely mates.

My wife was the one who made me buy the Mx 3, and now wants me to keep it even though I had decided(??) to sell the car...... oh well, one must Thank God for such lovers......

Now if only I can convince her that a 944 is a family car......hmmmmm

sorry! i thought you havent seen the vid. yep that happens all the time when you pass links from a foreign country to sl. rather annoying i'd say.

don't forget jodie kidd... as for vbh all you have to say is victoria and i get excited :P

How about Victoria .... Beckham? :D

I dunno, not used to Victoria, Vikki is a lot more .... accessible.

How about Courtney Hansen or Adrienne Janic?

If you dunno, google ;)

Now if only I can convince her that a 944 is a family car......hmmmmm

any idea's how much he's quoting for the car?

if i remember right from the previous discussion we had in this forum that car is not the only 944 in the country as stated huh?

LoL... this truly is an interesting read i must say! On the topic of cars and girls i have to say its been in stages for me... firstly go to an international school (that sets the stage pretty nicely), secondly get a nice car or two whilst in said school (the gates to heaven open further), thirdly have as much fun as u bloody can whilst u still can!! Thats where my SL stage ends and uni/u.s.a begins... come to the states and hope to have the american college dream... join a fraternity and do as much damage to the american fairer and latino skins during freshman year... get bored of the said stereotypes and finally find one awesome lady who leads you down the ride that u cant get enough of... THEN think about buying a car as the lady knows who you are and not what you have... have the lady help you finding the car... you think u want power, turbo and awd and then the lady brings to light elegance, curves and handling... you realise she is right and buy a car that showcases her best attributes... you take said lady to the dealer and drive out with her in the front seat and the car between ur hands... the lady looks at you and in that fleeting moment you realise that, yes, i finally have everything i want............ Moral of story : Plenty of girls will want what you have, only one will want what you are !