• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Scenic Roads In Sri Lanka

ferrarif50

after reading all this and the other posts on the classics thread i'm begning to feel rather left out having never ever been on any of those upcountry roads! :(

ado shame on you machan...specially as you already have the neccessary equipment needed to have fun on those twisty roads...i tell you there's nothin like power over steerin' down the hatton road on a good traffic-less morning....

Its not quite straight all the way thru, there is quite a sharp corner in the middle there.

ok not quite 2nd gear then.

this thread gave me a great idea though. why dont we do an official auto lanka motoring holiday in summer to find the greatest (driving and scenic) roads in sri lanka? like top gear did. could do it over a weekend i suppose. and please please wait till im back in the country. i've been waiting to open the taps on my RS for ages :D

so who's up for it?

ok not quite 2nd gear then.

this thread gave me a great idea though. why dont we do an official auto lanka motoring holiday in summer to find the greatest (driving and scenic) roads in sri lanka? like top gear did. could do it over a weekend i suppose. and please please wait till im back in the country. i've been waiting to open the taps on my RS for ages :D

so who's up for it?

well i'll be at nuwara eliya from 13th to the 20th of april with some other car nuts,for our annual trip......but i'm free rest of the month as well(april is my party month)....i'm game if the other AL guys are comin',or give me a shoutout if you're in n'eliya during the 13-20th....

i like kaduganawa to nuwara road, love those bends

yeah my dad told me that when they went on school trips to kandy in the 60's,they stopped the bus and asked everybody to pray for their safe passage through the kadugannawa climb,that's how scary it was back then...this was before they widned the bend.

Edited by HelRazor

yeah my dad told me that when they went on school trips to kandy in the 60's,they stopped the bus and asked everybody to pray for their safe passage through the kadugannawa climb,that's how scary it was back then...this was before they widned the bend.

i still do that!

...before i get some shut eye

all of you'll can't be wrong , so i should get over my fear and (in the words of Russel Peters) "Be a man (&) do the right thing!" then :lol:

i'm going to need an experience navigator (who should also be willing to foot the fuel bill :lol: ) ! :D

any Volunteers?

woahhh..... never thought the day would come dude, but yeah seriously, been telling you for AGES what you were missing! As for Navigate/Fuel bill, sigh... business as usual i suppose :P

How about me :lol:

woahhh..... never thought the day would come dude, but yeah seriously, been telling you for AGES what you were missing! As for Navigate/Fuel bill, sigh... business as usual i suppose :P

seeing as we've got a few interested parties , i'm going to auction off the passenger seat ride to the highest bidder :lol:

any one else interested? :D

hi guys..

I just thought of starting a new topic for MOST SCENIC ROADS in Sri Lanka ...

lets share what u know and pictures if u have too

i dont have that much of list but here we go

Hatton - N'eliya road

Raja Mawatha

and the road to horton plains

Hunnasgiriya - Meemorae

well i'll be at nuwara eliya from 13th to the 20th of april with some other car nuts,for our annual trip......but i'm free rest of the month as well(april is my party month)....i'm game if the other AL guys are comin',or give me a shoutout if you're in n'eliya during the 13-20th....

FoxHill is on the 18th AFAIK. We might be able to arrange something.

please do let us know

i've never been up there & would be interested in joining up if thats alright by you'll

No issues. Generally manage to meet up once everyone is there. I'll be riding with Max probably. Fuzzo and Shak will probably be there. Pila was there last year, lets see if he makes it again, keeping in mind he has "obligations" this year :lol: