• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Scenic Roads In Sri Lanka

ferrarif50

No issues. Generally manage to meet up once everyone is there. I'll be riding with Max probably. Fuzzo and Shak will probably be there. Pila was there last year, lets see if he makes it again, keeping in mind he has "obligations" this year :lol:

hmmm if Shak wants an eager passenger , i might be able to scrounge up some moolah for his fuel :)

so how does it normally work? :unsure:

return the same day or stay overnight?

how many km's are we talking here? :huh:

hmmm if Shak wants an eager passenger , i might be able to scrounge up some moolah for his fuel :)

so how does it normally work? :unsure:

return the same day or stay overnight?

how many km's are we talking here? :huh:

At least 600km all round, I think. Overnight stay, Races Saturday morn, and another overnight stay unless your feeling brave enough to dash back to Col after the races in the night.

At least 600km all round, I think. Overnight stay, Races Saturday morn, and another overnight stay unless your feeling brave enough to dash back to Col after the races in the night.

seeing as i don't even know where this place is, being brave would be rather foolish :D

Edited by Devinda_Z

I can vouch for Ginigathena Nuwara Eliya, Ramboda Pass, etc having been a passenger in a car last August. Shame I couldn't drive as I have no SL driving licence now.(I am old enough to have a book type old licence lost now and told no longer valid) Next visit I will bring a IDP and hire a nice car from Malkey to enjoy a trip out to the hills.

Those in Nuwara Eliya in April I envy you, I hope to be in Cornwall in SW England for the Easter break, nice part of the world but Nuwara eliya is better!

Maithri.

I can vouch for Ginigathena Nuwara Eliya, Ramboda Pass, etc having been a passenger in a car last August. Shame I couldn't drive as I have no SL driving licence now.(I am old enough to have a book type old licence lost now and told no longer valid) Next visit I will bring a IDP and hire a nice car from Malkey to enjoy a trip out to the hills.

Those in Nuwara Eliya in April I envy you, I hope to be in Cornwall in SW England for the Easter break, nice part of the world but Nuwara eliya is better!

Maithri.

I guess you can rent a car in SL and drive with the normal full UK DL machan. My friends did.

When your visit to Devonshire don't forget to visit the Lands End and St.Ives beach which the most beautiful beach in the UK with white sand and all. Cos you don't normally find white sand beach in the UK. The londoners normally go to Brighton and Portsmouth as they are closer but for me those beaches are crap.

Bharath,

I totally agree with you about the beaches in the south west, some very beautiful and wild streches of sand there. I first went to Cornwall in 1984 as a student and camped near the Lizard point, and have gone there many times since. I no longer camp but use a holiday park as a base to explore from, the driving is great too some very scenic stretches of road. The cream teas and the Cornish pasties along with the local beer from small breweries make it my favourite part of England! Really looking forward to it.

Maithri

speaking of great driving roads has anyone got any secret test tracks?

i know one such track and its my favourite. its close to weliveriya and its a narrow road running through some paddy fields then up a hill on a succession of quick left right bends and a tight hairpin like junction to end it. i only drive on that bit but there's more. and its not just me being a complete hooligan. the guys who tune the race cars of cs car sales (who r located closeby) also use that bit of road to test out their settings. its over in like coupla mins. but there's no cop trouble and the residents dont mind.