• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Carina Ti Or Carina Si Which One Is Better?

psw

Guys,

what is the difference between Carina Ti my road and Si my road?which one is better?

Si = 1.8 .

ti = 1.5

Depends what you want mate. I had a 1.8 and it served as the family hack quite well.

Good, solid, dependable boring toyota :rolleyes:

charitha19

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 10:58 AM Post #5

Group: Members

Member No.: 2,199

not to shabby at all i must say.. the 1,8 moves.. thats why they came up with a GT for for the same chasis.. now that moves...

how much do you reckon the GT would go for these days looking at the AL classifieds the Ti and Si have jumped the 2mil mark sometimes. does the GT have a good market or is it lower compared to the Ti and Si.? was jus looking out for options lately and jus saw the thread...

how much do you reckon the GT would go for these days looking at the AL classifieds the Ti and Si have jumped the 2mil mark sometimes. does the GT have a good market or is it lower compared to the Ti and Si.? was jus looking out for options lately and jus saw the thread...

Kim had a GT advertised (on AL) :unsure: not too long back

can't recall how much he was quoting though..

1.7 ish i think... but this is a Pre face lift car

does the GT have a good market or is it lower compared to the Ti and Si.? was just looking out for options lately and jus saw the thread...

well its like this, an owner of a GT won't part with it unless he get top money for it (just ask kim lol) saying that its not easy to get rid of them either (again just ask kim no pun intended dude just making a point) unless you come across another enthusiast.

I love the post face lift GT. What I have observed is that the GT sells at slightly a lower price. Maybe because of the difficulty to find engine spares? :unsure:

I'd go for a Si over a Ti. Si has excellent weight to power ratio. And Carina's are really comfortable, and like all Toyotas they are durable too.

Thanks bros for your opinions.do we have to pay a luxury tax for carina SI & any idea how much that?

thanks

Nope!.. it's 1794CC if i remember correct. so it's below semi luxury Tax range which is 1800CC :jumping-smiley-013: maybe some Si owners can shed some light.. :unsure: even my car (Corolla Luxel) has the same displacement but didn't happened to pay the tax for it. i guess it'll be the same story for the Carina Si.

Edited by Ruslan

Nope!.. it's 1794CC if i remember correct. so it's below semi luxury Tax range which is 1800CC :jumping-smiley-013: maybe some Si owners can shed some light.. :unsure: even my car (Corolla Luxel) has the same displacement but didn't happened to pay the tax for it. i guess it'll be the same story for the Carina Si.

Ruslan, small correction bro... its 1760CC in Si; so no need to pay the semi luxury tax.

Ti- 100bhp @ 5400rpm : max torque14.0 kg*m (137.29 N*m) / 4400 rpm

Si- 115bhp @ 5600rpm : max torque 15.8 kg*m (154.95 N*m) / 2800 rpm

Although the bhp difference is only 15, max torque comes in comparatively low rpm in Si. Even under hard acceleration, it does't need to touch 3000rpm. Under normal acceleration it doesn't go beyond 2000 and always in around 1500 even when doing 70-80 kmph.

Additionally, Si comes with a lean-burn engine (7A-FE) which is said to be economical. I'm not sure whether both (Ti & Si) have the same auto tranny but the Si carries two options to select the gear shifting pattern; PWR option to change the gears in higher rpm and MANU option to change gears in fixed speeds irrespective of the rpm. (well, that's how I understood it ;) ) The later is good for a heavy footer if he minds for economy.

Si with manual tranny is rare. Must be really good in performance and fuel.

Carina is neither a performance car (except GT) nor it carries any 'look'. But its a reliable family sedan which serves its purpose.

Does any body have any idea about fuel consumption in Carina Ti and Carina Si?

1.8L Si - Auto

City: 8-10 kmpl; may be even less depending on the traffic density.

Outstation: 12-14 kmpl ; I have squeezed 15-16 driving at night from Colombo to Galle keeping the speed constantly around 70-80 kmph

See more on this thread...

1.8L Si - Auto

City: 8-10 kmpl; may be even less depending on the traffic density.

Outstation: 12-14 kmpl ; I have squeezed 15-16 driving at night from Colombo to Galle keeping the speed constantly around 70-80 kmph

See more on this thread...

Thanks Chana