• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Blow Off Valve For B4 Tt ?

CARBON

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply...Yeah its the facelift version RSK.

Well talking about the Octane Booster, I am using Wurth (dunno telling a brand name in the forum is allowed :) Well, anyway I have been using this since day one, so that the RON should always be between 98-100 (as spec says) since I am using octane 95 fuel. Also buddy, make sure that you fill up at Laughs or Ceypetco gas stations...these IOC ppl are having 95 Octane but in real that is 93 Octane (One of my friends is having the test results with him)

On the ECU affects side, I am blind there...if an expert can answer us please....?

Nice....

Heard there are only 4 or 5 facelift RSKs ( 2 Silver cars, 1 Black and a purple ).

But why is it that you do not see the RSK badge anywhere in the car ? I did some reaserch and it seems that the B4 ( Blitzen 4 door ) with TT is the RSK.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard there are only 4 or 5 facelift RSKs ( 2 Silver cars, 1 Black and a purple ).

But why is it that you do not see the RSK badge anywhere in the car ? I did some reaserch and it seems that the B4 ( Blitzen 4 door ) with TT is the RSK.

sounds about right..

but by purple do you mean dark blue? :huh: cuz i can't recall Subaru having a purple as a colour option on the B4's , esp the face lifts :unsure:

to this day i find myself baffled and confused about how exactly to distinguish an RSK

There isn't a RSK "badge" as such afaik

aside from the Bilstien badge (& as such the dampers) can't think of another...

- were the dampers the sole distingushing factor or are there differences in the arms etc? :huh:

i recall the Porsche input story...

can someone clarify this please? Darin?

i for a time was of the view that the Blue & Black leather was a tell tale cosmetic sign of an RSK , but i dunno :unsure:

if you don't mind me prying, is yours the HZ or J_ series car?

Hi Devinda,

Mine is JS series, & the color is Deep Blue Mica (I think in this thread its referred as Purple). I know one Silver color facelift RSK that is JL series & one black that is KF series. I haven't seen other cars yet.

Saw a blue WRX on High Level Road near Wijerama Junc. sometime back. It had a BOV fixed. The BOV sound was impeccable! Wonder whether the owner is a AL member <_<

dont' the rsk's come with the spoiler which is dropped in the middle? that's the only way that i thought you could visually tell a rsk

hmmm that makes sense i guess - there aren't that many with those spoilers

but i do recall a Black GL AWD N/A with the basic alloys running around with that spoiler as well :mellow:

Hi Devinda,

Mine is JS series, & the color is Deep Blue Mica (I think in this thread its referred as Purple). I know one Silver color facelift RSK that is JL series & one black that is KF series. I haven't seen other cars yet.

Sorry.... guess I was a little color blind.

This is the car with the sunroof and the cool alloys ?, Infact I had a look at it but the asking price was slightly over my budget. I Finally settled for non facelift version.

Mind if I ask how much you paid for the car ?

TC...

hmmm that makes sense i guess - there aren't that many with those spoilers

but i do recall a Black GL AWD N/A with the basic alloys running around with that spoiler as well :mellow:

I know the owner for that black NA car, it was orignially white but he had it painted black.

The spolier is definitely not the differentiating factor as there are many NA cars with that spoiler. Also seems like in Aussie the B4 is marketed as the performance version of the Liberty/Legacy. But every legacy I seen in SL ( NA or TT) has the B4 badge.

This is really confusing......

I know the owner for that black NA car, it was orignially white but he had it painted black.

The spolier is definitely not the differentiating factor as there are many NA cars with that spoiler. Also seems like in Aussie the B4 is marketed as the performance version of the Liberty/Legacy. But every legacy I seen in SL ( NA or TT) has the B4 badge.

This is really confusing......

precisely!

i'm of the view that only the Twin Turbo cars are to be refered to as "B4"s , where as some others claim that is the Twin Turbo's that are known as "RSK"s

my Leather theory for the RSK's came apart the day i came across an N/A Legacy with the B4 badging and skirts and a normal auto box with the Blue & Black Leather interior :o:(

There are the GL AWD badged Legacy's and then Legacy's with the B4 body embellishments and rims , bar the Bonnet scoop (&as such obviously NA cars) running around here in SL - so whats what? :unsure:

This is the car with the sunroof and the cool alloys ?, Infact I had a look at it but the asking price was slightly over my budget. I Finally settled for non facelift version.

TC...

was this the car somewhere off Thimbirigasyaya Rd? :unsure:

TC...

Hi Carbon,

Sorry, was out of the town...

Yeah exactly, its the one with Sunroof and Aussie ROH Alloys...Well, I settled this out for 2.9 (the original asking price was 3.0), it may be little into the higher side but I closed up the deal since its condition was almost brand new!

precisely!

i'm of the view that only the Twin Turbo cars are to be refered to as "B4"s , where as some others claim that is the Twin Turbo's that are known as "RSK"s

my Leather theory for the RSK's came apart the day i came across an N/A Legacy with the B4 badging and skirts and a normal auto box with the Blue & Black Leather interior :o:(

There are the GL AWD badged Legacy's and then Legacy's with the B4 body embellishments and rims , bar the Bonnet scoop (&as such obviously NA cars) running around here in SL - so whats what? :unsure:

Just to share some knowledge I have on B4's...there are 3 Legacy types available in SL.

1. Subaru Legacy GL

- 2.0L non turbo

- Twin CAM

- No Alloys or spoiler in the original car (14" rims)

- Fabric / half leather interior

- Rear light set is brighter colored (reddish)

(note: most of GLs are modified with alloys, turbo bonnets, spoilers & even with blue / black leather interiors)

2. Subaru Legacy B4

- 2.0L non turbo

- quad CAM

- Alloys & Spoiler available in the original car (15" or 16" alloys)

- half leather interior in the original car (most cars upgraded to blue/black leather interior)

- Rear light set is darker (blackish)

(note: this is having the exact same engine as B4TT except the turbo boosts)

3. Subaru Legacy B4 Twin Turbo

- 2.0L two stage turbo

- quad CAM

- Alloys & Spoiler are standard (17" BBS alloys)

- Blue / Black leather interior

- Rear light set is darker (blackish) - exactly same to non turbo B4

- Have different body upgrades (Blitzen skirting, mid drop spoiler etc)

(To the best of my understanding this is the version called RSK)

- Late 2001 & 2002 models were upgraded with Porche developed suspension and so called Blitzen version (In Subaru Australia, they modified this version with Blitzen body kit - actually mid fall spoiler is a part of that Aussie body kit). Apart from that there are different variations of RSK like even Sti versions which I have never seen locally.

I hope this information will be helpful & please re-correct me if any of the above mentioned things are wrong or so.

Cheers guys!

3. Subaru Legacy B4 Twin Turbo

- 2.0L two stage turbo

- quad CAM

- Alloys & Spoiler are standard (17" BBS alloys)

- Blue / Black leather interior

- Rear light set is darker (blackish) - exactly same to non turbo B4

- Have different body upgrades (Blitzen skirting, mid drop spoiler etc)

(To the best of my understanding this is the version called RSK)

- Late 2001 & 2002 models were upgraded with Porche developed suspension and so called Blitzen version (In Subaru Australia, they modified this version with Blitzen body kit - actually mid fall spoiler is a part of that Aussie body kit). Apart from that there are different variations of RSK like even Sti versions which I have never seen locally.

I hope this information will be helpful & please re-correct me if any of the above mentioned things are wrong or so.

Cheers guys!

there are pleanty of Twin Turbo B4's with the Fabric , Alcantra & half Leather interiors...

& the STI tuned or models which were specifically indicated as having being tuned by Subaru Technica International were from the generation after the B4 afaik...

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/subaru/legacy_b4/2001_5/

This gives a breakdown of all the variants of the BE series(98' - 02') Legacy B4, which was replaced in 03' by the BL series. According to this, both the AT and MT versions of the TT B4 are classified as RSK. The mid-drop spoiler(along with other unique exterior elements) is a standard fixture on the B4 Blitzen (the one designed in collaboration with Porsche) variant only. Interesting to note that while the MT and AT cars are effectively identical, the AT versions max power output is 20hp less than that of the MT.

Hi Carbon,

Sorry, was out of the town...

Yeah exactly, its the one with Sunroof and Aussie ROH Alloys...Well, I settled this out for 2.9 (the original asking price was 3.0), it may be little into the higher side but I closed up the deal since its condition was almost brand new!

Thanks for sharing this.. The car is well worth the price also had low millage on it. There was another HZ car ( Facelift ) around about the same time and was asking around 3.

Just one more question ,,, does your car have the eyelids for the headlights? if so could you please post a picture. I am desperately trying to find a set of eyelids for the new lights but so far have been unsuccesfull.

Thanks...

Thanks for sharing this.. The car is well worth the price also had low millage on it. There was another HZ car ( Facelift ) around about the same time and was asking around 3.

Just one more question ,,, does your car have the eyelids for the headlights? if so could you please post a picture. I am desperately trying to find a set of eyelids for the new lights but so far have been unsuccesfull.

Thanks...

hmmm your looking for RFRB light mask set is it?

might be available on ebay - checked?

The HZ car has more than a few owners along the way , but some of them have been true petrol heads so no worries when it comes to them i guess

custom front lip on that car

hmmm your looking for RFRB light mask set is it?

might be available on ebay - checked?

The HZ car has more than a few owners along the way , but some of them have been true petrol heads so no worries when it comes to them i guess

custom front lip on that car

I have checked e-bay inside out but no luck, may have to consider getting a set fabricated from a local fibre place... all the light masks were for the old model..

HZ car had only 1 or 2 owners , yes the last owner had lots of $$$ so no question on maintenence.. but car was not maintained with Senok.

Cannot quite remember the front lip, but did it look like this.. ?

I have checked e-bay inside out but no luck, may have to consider getting a set fabricated from a local fibre place... all the light masks were for the old model..

HZ car had only 1 or 2 owners , yes the last owner had lots of $$$ so no question on maintenence.. but car was not maintained with Senok.

Cannot quite remember the front lip, but did it look like this.. ?

I will post some pictures for sure, just give me 2 - 3 days...By the way all these are done in Japan, as far as the records show.

I also had a look at this HZ car, the previous owner went for a Jag X type & if I am not mistaken it must be with the 3rd owner now. In the case of the front lip, it was pretty good looking as I can remember and painted "B4" on it horizontally. I didn't go for it since I decided not to go for a Silver colored B4, just a personal preference.

I will post some pictures for sure, just give me 2 - 3 days...By the way all these are done in Japan, as far as the records show.

I also had a look at this HZ car, the previous owner went for a Jag X type & if I am not mistaken it must be with the 3rd owner now. In the case of the front lip, it was pretty good looking as I can remember and painted "B4" on it horizontally. I didn't go for it since I decided not to go for a Silver colored B4, just a personal preference.

Thanks Bro..... looking forward to seeing them.

Told the guy he should have gone for a STi 9.. owning a Jag somehow makes you feel old.. :) unless its the XK.

Thanks Bro..... looking forward to seeing them.

Told the guy he should have gone for a STi 9.. owning a Jag somehow makes you feel old.. :) unless its the XK.

Here they are...

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9024/img0002boj.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1600/img0003lhg.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5664/img0004rxc.jpg

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/9113/img0005jhp.jpg

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5894/img0006hur.jpg

Many Thanks.... The car looks a beast.

I think I could get a set done locally but they seem to cover the signal light a bit too much, which is the focal point of the new lights.

Thanks again for the pictures.....