• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Blow Off Valve For B4 Tt ?

CARBON

there are pleanty of Twin Turbo B4's with the Fabric , Alcantra & half Leather interiors...

& the STI tuned or models which were specifically indicated as having being tuned by Subaru Technica International were from the generation after the B4 afaik...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey ppl, i own a 99 legacy B4 RSK twin turbo (EJ20 engine)-kandy. RSK comes wit da blitszen shocks n aluminium lower arms. heard dat da front bumper is a bit diffrnt bt nt sure abt dat. btw i fitted an HKS sequential blowoff n din get a sound 4rm it! den swapped it for an aftermarket blowoff 4rm MC n it sounds fine. but hav 2 rev though 2 get da swoosh sound! now im havin secnd thoughts cz im wastin fuel jus 2 hear dat sound! lol!!!!

hey ppl, i own a 99 legacy B4 RSK twin turbo (EJ20 engine)-kandy. RSK comes wit da blitszen shocks n aluminium lower arms. heard dat da front bumper is a bit diffrnt bt nt sure abt dat. btw i fitted an HKS sequential blowoff n din get a sound 4rm it! den swapped it for an aftermarket blowoff 4rm MC n it sounds fine. but hav 2 rev though 2 get da swoosh sound! now im havin secnd thoughts cz im wastin fuel jus 2 hear dat sound! lol!!!!

MC sell fake BOV"s soon ull experieance some boost leaks

Iv heard that atmospheric BOVs are not so healthy to the turbo and the best option is the stock wastegate.

What do u guys think ?

wastegate and and blow off valve's are two different things, also do different things, so i dnt get ur point here, i think what u saying is VTA ( vent to atmosphear ) blowoff vales are bad for the turbo and stock ones are better, well non is bad for the turbo but when the VTA relese the presure out Airflow circulation will different and u might get bad AFR at shifting

Since your from Kandy I suppose you mean EmSees?

• 3 weeks later...
MC sell fake BOV"s soon ull experieance some boost leaks

wat do u mean by boost leak bro? dey r meant to release the excess air dat is sucked in through the turbo wich accumulates once the accellarator is released.. so the stock valve does d same thing. d BOV i got is by AutoGauge with an adjuster for high and low..

got it from Motorcade in colmb. Emsees doesnt hav any.. Chek the FB group 'Kandy Racing Club' images.. got many performance upgrade stuffs..

btw ive got a Ej20 Twin Turbo engine wit auto gbox with AWD drive train front and rear. radiator and complete exhaust pipe as well. lemme knw if anyone's interested. also hav a set of Bilstein shocks..

([email protected])

wat do u mean by boost leak bro? dey r meant to release the excess air dat is sucked in through the turbo wich accumulates once the accellarator is released.. so the stock valve does d same thing. d BOV i got is by AutoGauge with an adjuster for high and low..

got it from Motorcade in colmb. Emsees doesnt hav any.. Chek the FB group 'Kandy Racing Club' images.. got many performance upgrade stuffs..

leak means either BOV open early or not open at all, we had few issues in on of my friends RX7 with these Fake HKS look like BOV, when the BOV close there is a rubber seal like thing to make sure it stays close, but with the fake BOV's what happen is even the BOV is close still it leaks boost from the rubber seal area,

Stock Valve release the Air in to the intake and After market VTA;s release to the atmosphere, do a little bit reserch about VTA vs Recirculation and see, btw im also ruing a VTA but branded

• 3 weeks later...
leak means either BOV open early or not open at all, we had few issues in on of my friends RX7 with these Fake HKS look like BOV, when the BOV close there is a rubber seal like thing to make sure it stays close, but with the fake BOV's what happen is even the BOV is close still it leaks boost from the rubber seal area,

Stock Valve release the Air in to the intake and After market VTA;s release to the atmosphere, do a little bit reserch about VTA vs Recirculation and see, btw im also ruing a VTA but branded

ya i knw wat u mean. wen i set d valve 2 soft, i hear d squeal wen i gas up.. dont hav 2 rev hard.. cn hear a continous squeal as long as i keep my foot on d pedal 75% downwards... dats early releasing of the BOV. wen its set 2 hard den i hav 2 rev hard n let go quick so as so hear d swoosh!..

but still no sign of any leaks in idle n all. d spring is rely hard so doesnt tend to leak. craftmanship looks good though..

ya i knw wat u mean. wen i set d valve 2 soft, i hear d squeal wen i gas up.. dont hav 2 rev hard.. cn hear a continous squeal as long as i keep my foot on d pedal 75% downwards... dats early releasing of the BOV. wen its set 2 hard den i hav 2 rev hard n let go quick so as so hear d swoosh!..

but still no sign of any leaks in idle n all. d spring is rely hard so doesnt tend to leak. craftmanship looks good though..

if springs are too hard thats also bad, anyway whats the BOV u ruing now ?

• 2 years later...

is it normal if i take my foot off the throttle quicker BOV makes a spiral like sound? :speechless-smiley-019: ... and if i do it slower it makes the normal smooth sound..

What exactly do u mean spiral sound ?

The final conclusion of this thread was that a after mkt BOV did not have any great advantages other than the noise against the stock BOV. So mine is still stock so there is not much noise.

itsnt the spiral sound comes from the turbo wastegate? :S

What exactly do u mean spiral sound ?

dnt know how to explain... check this vdo after 0.57 its a bit like that

i was asking becoz ive heard abt compressor surge nd on that vdo makes similar sound nd it says its not good