• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Classic Restorations

CHAP

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh heh yes! Reminds me of one of my favourite TV programmes UFO - 60's Brit Sci Fi series. :)

Its the Minari. A mid engined kit car based on the Alfasud Sprint mechanical s.

Mid Engined! :blink:

that sounds like quite an interesting pice-a kit! :D

hmmm drawn a bit for the Lancia Stratos maybe? :huh:

what colour machan? :huh:

if its Red coupe & on a HB plate , it might be 944 S2 given it was up for sale recently... :mellow:

machan it didnt had plates, but saw nice big set of alloys, its red, ill post some pics later, as i know it has a VW engine, not sure

23794251.jpg

25034836.jpg

50309595.jpg

62027730.jpg

dang! :blink:

never seen this before!

hmmm LHD car from Japan eh?

....thats a very sorry example...but it'll be interesting if it gets back on the road...

hmmm GFX that thing is supposed to have flat 6 in the back - similar layout to a Bug - but whats in there right now does look an aweful lot like a VW engine - not supposed to be though...

and thats a 911 fyi & the motor ought to look more like so

1980_porsche_911_engine_1.jpg

porsche-911-120-6-10.jpg

dang! :blink:

never seen this before!

hmmm LHD car from Japan eh?

....thats a very sorry example...but it'll be interesting if it gets back on the road...

hmmm GFX that thing is supposed to have flat 6 in the back - similar layout to a Bug - but whats in there right now does look an aweful lot like a VW engine - not supposed to be though...

and thats a 911 fyi & the motor ought to look more like so

1980_porsche_911_engine_1.jpg

porsche-911-120-6-10.jpg

thanx for the info machan, i also thought they have swap a VW engine in it, btw i also heard they had to cut the rear fenders to put those alloys

Hey Gihan whats the story??

MINIACE

well mini this car is at Tokimo, i ask whats it doin there but Anura didnt gave me more info, seems some parts came recently cus they been marked, ill try to get more info soon

well mini this car is at Tokimo, i ask whats it doin there but Anura didnt gave me more info, seems some parts came recently cus they been marked, ill try to get more info soon

Thnaks for the info mate.A good project.

MINIACE

Thnaks for the info mate.A good project.

MINIACE

looking at the engine they swap and the way they cut the rear to fix those big aloys aint that nice, if i have that car i do my best to make it look like stock, from the engine, body to interior

looking at the engine they swap and the way they cut the rear to fix those big aloys aint that nice, if i have that car i do my best to make it look like stock, from the engine, body to interior

Ditto that man!

- that model is now virtually a classic - anything other than stock is going to make it look lame :(

hmmm a Porsche body on a VW bug chassis perhaps? :unsure:

Thats what S_N told me, if he check the car he might able to identfy the chassi, also there is no way to get the car number place, btw looking at the engine i dnt think anyone will swap that kinda engine to a Porsche

Thats what S_N told me, if he check the car he might able to identfy the chassi, also there is no way to get the car number place, btw looking at the engine i dnt think anyone will swap that kinda engine to a Porsche

couldn't that be a 912? the headlamps are from a 930 but i think only the 901 had so many chrome bits :unsure:

why is it at tokimo? i mean what are they doing on it?

He says that he has got the body from Japan. Obviously illegally. There are no, seats, dashboard nothing. Just the body and the wheels. The engine is a 1300 VW engine he bought a few weeks ago in Colombo somewhere.He said that he is going to buy the interior parts on the internet. I reallly dont know where its going to end.

He says that he has got the body from Japan. Obviously illegally. There are no, seats, dashboard nothing. Just the body and the wheels. The engine is a 1300 VW engine he bought a few weeks ago in Colombo somewhere.He said that he is going to buy the interior parts on the internet. I reallly dont know where its going to end.

Great guy though whoever he is.

A big project. I wish him all the very best, as if he gets it right ( Chassis & Engine) it would be nice huh?

A 3 shri Posrshe running around. lol. :rolleyes:

Btw I have seen a 914 in Colombo mates, sat in it as well, so there are some Porshephiles I see....

Good stuff , lets help the dude out in any way we can.

Great guy though whoever he is.

A big project. I wish him all the very best, as if he gets it right ( Chassis & Engine) it would be nice huh?

A 3 shri Posrshe running around. lol. :rolleyes:

Btw I have seen a 914 in Colombo mates, sat in it as well, so there are some Porshephiles I see....

Good stuff , lets help the dude out in any way we can.

Mate, with the kinda info you guys have I don't believe he wants to get any thing close to a Original does he? :unsure: Might even see some Toyota bits on the way to a restoration to go with the VW motor... :blink:

couldn't that be a 912? the headlamps are from a 930 but i think only the 901 had so many chrome bits :unsure:

Nope it aint a 912 because the engine is definitely a 1300 VW.... the 912 DID use a 4 pot motor but it was a larger and more advanced engine that porsche previously used on the late 356 models... It only shared basic design with the bug engine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_912