• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Blu Ray In Sri Lanka

Saturn

Are blu ray players available in SL? how about movies?

Prices for the movies are quite reasonable on amazon etc.. about the same as DVD's now

yeah movies are not that expensive but the player needs to be a gud one, i seen so many cheep players takn so much time the movie to load, i watched hancock blu ray in a highly adavnced system and it was awesome, also the latest laptops has the blue ray player built in

but still i never seen blu ray players in SL

A lot of tech websites say that blue ray will end up being another "Laser Disk" and that it will not replace the DVD. This is mostly due to the price and the delay it took coming into the market because of the fight between HD-DVD. Also most up scaling DVD players are able to produce near blue ray quality from the conventional DVD.

A lot of tech websites say that blue ray will end up being another "Laser Disk" and that it will not replace the DVD. This is mostly due to the price and the delay it took coming into the market because of the fight between HD-DVD. Also most up scaling DVD players are able to produce near blue ray quality from the conventional DVD.

1080p delievers a level of detail that's simply breathtaking.

A good example is the Dark Knight trailer:

http://www.whysoserious.com/happytrails/trailer.htm

(On PC, this needs quicktime/vlc player and preferrably a core 2 processor and 1920X1080 resolution, for maximum effect)

ps3 is a good idea. Next question - where can I get a PS3 in SL? :)

Edited by Saturn

(On PC, this needs quicktime/vlc player and preferrably a core 2 processor and 1920X1080 resolution, for maximum effect)

hmmm Nastars perhaps? :unsure:

or YODS@Odel?

or you could buy one overseas and have it brought down - but be warned , you need to have warranty , cuz everyone i know who's had either a PS3 or XBox has had to send take them in for repairs & replacements at somepoint or another! :(

or YODS@Odel?

or you could buy one overseas and have it brought down - but be warned , you need to have warranty , cuz everyone i know who's had either a PS3 or XBox has had to send take them in for repairs & replacements at somepoint or another! :(

Yup,

still got my PS1 which is getting bashed by my son (3 years old).

The PS 2 is now set up with full force feedback steering and pedal box, with flappy paddles and racing seat. Takes up a bit o space and spose not happy but hey a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do eh?

PS3 - wait awhile until the bugs are sorted out and prices become reasonable...IMHO :)

you can get it from local agent sony siedles, its available there.

Yup,

still got my PS1 which is getting bashed by my son (3 years old).

The PS 2 is now set up with full force feedback steering and pedal box, with flappy paddles and racing seat. Takes up a bit o space and spose not happy but hey a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do eh?

PS3 - wait awhile until the bugs are sorted out and prices become reasonable...IMHO :)

hmmmm .... intriguing.... Whereabouts do you live? :D

or YODS@Odel?

there's another place on the 3rd floor at MC...can't remember the name

yep buying from a place like nastars is the safest bet...most of them buy these from singapore and bring them here tp resell...and if there's any fault within the manufacturers warrenty period,they will take them back to singapore and exchange it for you.....they exchanged my broken ipod for a new one in a week or so....

that sounds VERY interesting!

do tell us if you ever feel like you need some friendly competition :lol: