• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Importing Dslr Camera Lenses (any Idea What The Tax/duty Etc Costs?)

Saturn

Price $ 159.00 Duty $ 14.82 Shipping $ 6.91 Kapruka fee $ 7.95
Total: $ 188.68 ( Rs. 25,123 )

I think you can pay a part of the amount and pay the rest when the item is delivered. I was thinking of paying it online though.

Edited by NRX

Just check with CameraLK for their quote first.

Pericles,

What would you suggest? Is it good to buy regular lenses like Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Lens or to wait for some to collect some money until you could afford L grade lenses? like Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Lens? The quality will be far better right?

KMeeg.

check this seller dzone2 on ebay. I bought my DSLR few years ago for a good price delivered through DHL (free) within 3 days. Last known - they do this free delivery for purchases above $200.

check this seller dzone2 on ebay. I bought my DSLR few years ago for a good price delivered through DHL (free) within 3 days. Last known - they do this free delivery for purchases above $200.

I've heard that they are good too. Buggers were away for easter :D

Pericles,

What would you suggest? Is it good to buy regular lenses like Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Lens or to wait for some to collect some money until you could afford L grade lenses? like Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Lens? The quality will be far better right?

KMeeg.

Use case-

Like I said, I had a 55-250. Loved it. No complaints on quality or anything. Switched it only coz I needed to get something faster the 2.8. Even then, I miss the range.

Anyway, the f4 IS in not on my recommended list. If you wanna be price conscious, the f4, Else the 2.8 non IS. No reason to waste money on a f4 IS.

55-250 pics -

https://www.flickr.com/photos/preveen/sets/72157618774911003/

The caption is self explanatory.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=68921870801&set=a.68918485801.95157.544735801&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-sin.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-xaf1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F10398503_68921870801_923892_n.jpg%3Foh%3D4f24be9130e3f0c81b0c2801b4fc1262%26oe%3D55E1B113&size=604%2C402

Fun. BUT

https://www.flickr.com/photos/preveen/sets/72157618856735954/

Use case-

Like I said, I had a 55-250. Loved it. No complaints on quality or anything. Switched it only coz I needed to get something faster the 2.8. Even then, I miss the range.

Anyway, the f4 IS in not on my recommended list. If you wanna be price conscious, the f4, Else the 2.8 non IS. No reason to waste money on a f4 IS.

55-250 pics -

https://www.flickr.com/photos/preveen/sets/72157618774911003/

That is one awesome set of pics with the 55-250..

And about the 2.8 lenses, Yes its really worth the money. Even an beginner like me has no problems focusing for fast moving objects. Focus motor is damn fast...

That is one awesome set of pics with the 55-250..

And about the 2.8 lenses, Yes its really worth the money. Even an beginner like me has no problems focusing for fast moving objects. Focus motor is damn fast...

When I uploaded those, most monitors were 1024x768 and net was pretty slow, it looks like a thumbnail on new monitors :) So sorry about the tiny pics, but it was the requirement of the time. :)

Use case-

Like I said, I had a 55-250. Loved it. No complaints on quality or anything. Switched it only coz I needed to get something faster the 2.8. Even then, I miss the range. ....

Okay, you've gotten me confused now. The 55-250 is: f/4-5.6 not f/2.8 right? So you're saying you switched from that to something faster like the 24-70mm f/2.8?

Edited by Kavvz

Okay, you've gotten me confused now. The 55-250 is: f/4-5.6 not f/2.8 right? So you're saying you switched from that to something faster like the 24-70mm f/2.8?

If you could buy 24-70mm f/2.8 or 70-200mm f/2.8 you won't regret well worth the money. Rocket fast focusing and very sharp.

Also better to buy a lens protector filter. I already got 1 lens scratched.. :( (luckily it was not a 2.8 lens). Suggest to get a good one like Hoya HD ones.

If you could buy 24-70mm f/2.8 or 70-200mm f/2.8 you won't regret well worth the money. Rocket fast focusing and very sharp.

Also better to buy a lens protector filter. I already got 1 lens scratched.. :( (luckily it was not a 2.8 lens). Suggest to get a good one like Hoya HD ones.

Yeap, I've had both for a while now which is why I'm confused by Peri's comment above...

(Unlike Pericles, I don't find the 24-70mm f/2.8 that useful (for the kind of pictures I take). I bought it when I was a novice and a bit of brand whore / show off as Pericles mentioned in the other thread. But the 70-200mm f/2.8 is worth its weight in gold, and is the reason why most of my family think I'm a good photographer, where as I'm very much the amateur...)

Edited by Kavvz

No, I had a 55-250. I sold that and moved to a 70-200 2.8

My wide was a 15-85. When that broke I picked up a 16-35 2.8 and thats in the repair shed so now I have a 24-70 f4. When my 16-35 comes back I have low light, the 24-70 give mid range GP and the 70-200... well :D

No, I had a 55-250. I sold that and moved to a 70-200 2.8

My wide was a 15-85. When that broke I picked up a 16-35 2.8 and thats in the repair shed so now I have a 24-70 f4. When my 16-35 comes back I have low light, the 24-70 give mid range GP and the 70-200... well :D

Ah I see. So many toys Pericles! Good thing you make money off your hobby!!

Edited by Kavvz

• 1 month later...

I think you can pay a part of the amount and pay the rest when the item is delivered. I was thinking of paying it online though.

Guys. Received the item safe and sound exactly after one month from ordering. Had my fair share of daily calls to local Kapruka office + cursing :)

Even 6 days after delivering the item, they call me and ask " Sir canon lens ekak order karala thiyenawa neda, ada deliver karannada ?" :P

Edited by NRX
  • Like 1

Guys. Received the item safe and sound exactly after one month from ordering. Had my fair share of daily calls to local Kapruka office + cursing :)

Even 6 days after delivering the item, they call me and ask " Sir canon lens ekak order karala thiyenawa neda, ada deliver karannada ?" :P

What's the tax percentage when clearing?. I think this lense is now 28k at cameralk.

What's the tax percentage when clearing?. I think this lense is now 28k at cameralk.
Yup, saw that, if they had this offer one month ago I would have bought it from them.. BTW it's 29.5 not 28K

It's a common scene for them. I bought a Yeti Mic vai them from US had to wait 2 months. You are luck to get it in one month mate.

Sorry about that. Some things get delayed due to various reasons like vendor shipping delays, clearance delays etc.

Source: I'm working with them these days.

It's a common scene for them. I bought a Yeti Mic vai them from US had to wait 2 months. You are luck to get it in one month mate.

Sorry about that. Some things get delayed due to various reasons like vendor shipping delays, clearance delays etc. Source: I'm working with them these days.

If you are dealing with them now, you should know not to trust a single word they say :P

Sorry about that. Some things get delayed due to various reasons like vendor shipping delays, clearance delays etc. Source: I'm working with them these days.
If you are dealing with them now, you should know not to trust a single word they say :P

Aggravation seems to be part of the package with the K*pr*k* operation, Ordered a fuji instax camera and film off amazon through them some time ago as two separate orders placed within a minute of each other, the film arrived in just under two weeks the camera was MIA for nearly two month s and I heard every excuse including that it had been sent back to the US by mistake "because it had been misidentified as a dangerous item sir" and "we seem to have misplaced the item sir". I had basically given up on it altogether and was about to demand a refund when it finally turned up.

It appears that their tracking system for orders is totally non-functional.

I guess you are employed at K'ruka ? Sorry about the bashing :P

Aggravation seems to be part of the package with the K*pr*k* operation, Ordered a fuji instax camera and film off amazon through them some time ago as two separate orders placed within a minute of each other, the film arrived in just under two weeks the camera was MIA for nearly two month s and I heard every excuse including that it had been sent back to the US by mistake "because it had been misidentified as a dangerous item sir" and "we seem to have misplaced the item sir". I had basically given up on it altogether and was about to demand a refund when it finally turned up.

It appears that their tracking system for orders is totally non-functional.

tracking system is pure junk. Once they updated it after blasting them with a call to US office and an email. It's forgivable when the item is outside SL. But even after delivering the item to me it still says "Ready for Pickup/Delivery" WTF!

Edited by NRX

Kapruka operation can't find their own ass with both hands!

Usually it's easier to find a different vendor who will ship to SL direct or to use a reshipping service like Aramax shop n ship than dealing with Kapruka.