• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tinkering

tombo

Question

Dear Friends

My car was heavily damaged due to corrosion specially around back tail light, inside area of dash board( Water also draining to inside), and some area in floor board etc , i went to the few garage and show the situation and ask for the cost, they told me that tinkering may be occur to change of body shape of car and so

don't go for tinker and sold it out and go for a new one, But little bit difficult to go for a new one until next year,Other hand this car is very Good In fuel Consumption,so am looking for a place who are doing tinkering without changing the body shape of the car

Tks

tombo

14 answers to this question

First of all Thanks a lot fir the reply

I hope You Proposed about modification, am not interesting much modification but tiny body kit is ok, another problem in fiber application not perfect like metal , any way an lining in Ratmalana area

Cheers

tombo

First of all Thanks a lot fir the reply

I hope You Proposed about modification, am not interesting much modification but tiny body kit is ok, another problem in fiber application not perfect like metal , any way an lining in Ratmalana area

Cheers

tombo

He was referring to the moderators, not modifications.. <_<

if it's ok with the mods. there is a place that does good work, easy on the wallet as well as they do more or restorations. i am doing my vehicle there too. no harm taking it there.

mods is it o.k if i give the info on the forum??

Y PLS TELL ME MORE

Terabite, the site admin MADZ in the past has not objected to members posting information about good workmen for the benefit of other members. I think it will help a lot of people if you post the contact details of this person as well as share your own experiences with us.

If the moderators object (which I don't think they would because everybody knows how difficult it is to find a good tinkerer !) they will simply edit or remove your post.

if it's ok with the mods. there is a place that does good work, easy on the wallet as well as they do more or restorations. i am doing my vehicle there too. no harm taking it there.

mods is it o.k if i give the info on the forum??

hay Terabite, ya sure go ahead. Pls post.

the place i am refering to is at Delkanda Junc. Known as " Popular House". Old gentleman runs the place. he is known for restorations. try it out. worth the trouble. i had a number some where, will post it when i find it.

I am re-doing my nissan patrol to a Nissan Safari.. he is doing a good job, was easy on my wallet as well.

Edited by Terabite

Guys, sorry about bumping up an old thread but I need some advice on this as well.

My Mirage has started to show signs of the dreaded Mitsubishi roof rust which affected cars from the early 90s. Basically Mitsubishi used a glue to glue in the roof skin to the roof supports, and this glue over time retained moisture and caused rust.

To resolve this issue properly you need to remove the glue, repair the rusted bits, treat the entire area with anti rust paint use another bonding agent to bond the roof skin to the roof supports and put everything back together again.

I hear its even better if the roof is taken off for the repair and put back on again as this will allow you to resolve the issue once in for all.

Now the job requires skill, application and attention to detail, three qualities which are difficult to find. The current tinkerig guy my family used simply sanded the rust away and painted a repair which only lasts for a year or so, and this is has been done a couple of times already (thanks to the ignorance of my father who takes care of my car for most of the year). I want a more permanent and effective solution.

Could you guys please recommend a good guy for the job!