• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Future Classics

MasterDon

I have not driven an old 'nuova 500' too. Shame on me :( . But folk who have rave about how much fun it is. Most famous raver being Michael Shcuey so there really must be something there!

Don't sell it mate. You'll regret it. 500s are hard to come by. A guy I know was desperately looking for one but we could not find one and he settled for a 500C (bug) instead. This one does not fire me up though.

Have driven a 600 briefly and it felt unique. Wish it was a longer drive. .....

2q408qt.jpg

LOL..that's one of the reason's i like it so much....when a multiple F1 champion says a car is good it must be good ne?.....we have a bug too and i agree it doesnt have the charm of the 500 :) ....i don't drive it cos i'm kind of a big bloke and i look totally ridiculous driving it :lol:

no mate not selling it....dad's idea was to sell it and fund the restoration of the TR2...cos times are hard and it is unwise to fund restorations with the moneys earned from our business...but instead we have decided to postpone all restorations untill the economy settles down somewhat...so the ol' girl will be with us for sometime to come :)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2q408qt.jpg

LOL..that's one of the reason's i like it so much....when a multiple F1 champion says a car is good it must be good ne?.....we have a bug too and i agree it doesnt have the charm of the 500 :) ....i don't drive it cos i'm kind of a big bloke and i look totally ridiculous driving it :lol:

no mate not selling it....dad's idea was to sell it and fund the restoration of the TR2...cos times are hard and it is unwise to fund restorations with the moneys earned from our business...but instead we have decided to postpone all restorations untill the economy settles down somewhat...so the ol' girl will be with us for sometime to come :)

Cool mate. I would resto the Fiat first as it would be cheaper and quicker to complete.

Cool mate. I would resto the Fiat first as it would be cheaper and quicker to complete.

it's nearly complete mate...the engines running and everythin...jus need to add the finishing touches that's all..but having a difficut time with the mga(black)...biggest problem is finding someone to sync the twin carbs..that and the lack of funds of course :D

it's nearly complete mate...the engines running and everythin...jus need to add the finishing touches that's all..but having a difficut time with the mga(black)...biggest problem is finding someone to sync the twin carbs..that and the lack of funds of course :D

balancing those can be a bitch i've heard...

you could ask MalithS for pointers...

balancing those can be a bitch i've heard...

it is...i've tried doing it myself by inserting a tube in to the carbs and trying to match the hissing sound they make while idling...was a very bad idea..i think i've f*cked it up even more...our old mechanic who passed away recently could tune them by just listning to the engine..genius he was

you could ask MalithS for pointers...

good idea..i'll do that :)

it is...i've tried doing it myself by inserting a tube in to the carbs and trying to match the hissing sound they make while idling...was a very bad idea..i think i've f*cked it up even more...our old mechanic who passed away recently could tune them by just listning to the engine..genius he was

Are they SUs? They are know for their simplicity.... Or have you upped the stakes with a couple of Webers :) ?