• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is 3k A Good Battery?

Anjo

Yup! made in Thailand

The place that gave the offer has a batch of batteries without the warranty card and offered them at reduced rate. I don't think I can mention the name and prices here (or can I?) but PM me and will give you the info if you're interested

Yup! made in Thailand

The place that gave the offer has a batch of batteries without the warranty card and offered them at reduced rate. I don't think I can mention the name and prices here (or can I?) but PM me and will give you the info if you're interested

i was using GLOBAL NS40ZL for 4 years without a problem. last week i was looking batteries. here are the prices

most places:-

Yuasa NS40ZL -6800/= (i was looking this)

Global MF -6800/= (failed in the market. because so many problems)

GS 6500/=

EXIDE 5500/=

but one place i got

GS 5500/=

EXIDE 4975/=

all prices with one year warranty.

they told me to buy EXIDE Because its made in sri lanka and BROWNS service is good. so i bought EXIDE one i don't know what will happen.

Last time i remember in our Old CR-27 we used FB (Japanese) 80NS Battery for like 5 years or more. it's available at Douglas and sons (Panchikawatte) but no idea how the prices are now. :rolleyes: right now I'm using GS 40NS for the Car. so far no problem after 1 year.

Ado Dev just busted 14k on a semi-sealed Exide! lol it was 70. Now I'm wondering if it was too much :( I was in a hurry

define semi sealed pls? :unsure:

paid 8500 for an ordinary Exide of the same capacity around March this year machan... i honestly got fed up of looking for a maintainence free battery of that capacity so just gave up and got the exide... i've managed to drain it once already after not having run the car [so no fault of the battery,purely mine] :(

Pilla gotta ask, are you running a largish ICE system? , cuz 65 ah for petrol 4 pot = overkill (just a tad :huh: ) ? :unsure:

Edited by Devinda_Z

Its a maintenance free battery that has a seal that you can break and refill when needed. (Exide ATB) The ICE is above average but certainly not largish. Donno about overkill but I just replaced the Bat that came with the car and I dont think the previous owner had done any spec changes.

Its a maintenance free battery that has a seal that you can break and refill when needed. (Exide ATB) The ICE is above average but certainly not largish. Donno about overkill but I just replaced the Bat that came with the car and I dont think the previous owner had done any spec changes.

i never seen

i have used the NS70 maintenance free battery in the Vz-R & i got 2 replacements within 1 year , the final replacement battery lasted only for about 1 yr. so shifted back to the normal exide Ns70 which i have been using for the last 2 1/2 yrs still running fine according to browns when i went for the last checkup.

Edited by MRM

adey that sounds like the perfect compromise between the two!

how the hell did miss this :(

how long is the warranty period machan?

Yeah machan that's what I thought as well. Warranty was the usual one year. I was also impressed by the unit's build quality - I've actually never had a problem with Exide. I used an ATB in the Civic as well (fully sealed) for about 2 1/2 years or so

• 3 months later...

I bought a Exide Semi-sealed 12V-55AMP for a 14k today from Browns... The old battery was charging properly (though the indicator showed green). Was desperate to get it changed since I didn't want to stay on the road looking for helpers to push my car.

Pila... How is the experience with yours??? :unsure: