• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why Fear ??

buddhikamh

this mail is regarding the Forum rules.

Many people here doesnt like to say exact names of Shops, person and brands.

Some say its because the forum rules. (I searched for rules but couldn't find)

Anyway when you tell about car stuff no one use," Mit**bish* makes the ev*lution ".

But waht is the different of using that instead of " mitsubishi makes evolution " ?? anyone can make that out and only thing I can think about is fooling the Administrator of the forum.

For other infomation also i think we should use the appropriate names, brands as far as we are sure of what we tell.

I think We should not use rules for the sake of having them, but for the goodwill of our community and here, the forum.

This may be a public place but we should give correct information to all who are willing to know, without hesitating.

Forum is for sharing thoughts and information, so why we narrow that with adding rules * ??

My conclusion is as far as we are sure (and responsible) of what we say we should say it.

If one can say "Honda" or "Nissan" without fear, why fear to use "Stafford" or "A*W" or any other company name here ??

" Aththa kiyannai Bima indagannai bayawenna epa! :D " ( i think you guys have heard that before)

PS;-----

THIS IS NOT REGARDING ANY USE OF BAD WORDS (SWEARING) OR THAT TYPE OF THING, (<- those things should banned IMO )

Im not going to be the revolutionist, but i think these things must be considered for the goodness of AUTOLANKA.

Sorry for any grammar or that kind of mistakes (I am not very good in English :P )

This is my opinion and like to know others opinions aswell (especially MADZ)

Thanks.

The Site and the forums are a privately owned thing. If we wanna take part in it, we have to repect the owners wishes. So if the owner decides not advertising, then no advertising. And that refers to local stuff. The global brands are not going to advertise here, but local companies can, so thats a missed revenue opportunity if ppl advertise on the forums, without paying anything for it.

Also, There are potential legal complications, like if someone says something bad about a local company, then the site owner might be taken to courts over it for allowing it to stay on the site. Worse case scenario. Thats why the insurence thread was so heavily edited, and closed down if I remember.

but im not saying about advertising.

im telling about peoples views, anyone can have good and bad views on products.

only thing is you have the responsibility of telling the truth.

And the global brands thing is a joke,.

why global brands cant take legal actions?? they also can.

I think we should face the reality. local brand could be a global brand on the next buisiness day.

If you take these forums as privately owned things, itll make no good for it.

ANYWAY NO PERSONAL OFFENCE TO ANYONE,

just giving my thoughts, we can discuss it as friends :D

Thanks.

The Site and the forums are a privately owned thing. If we wanna take part in it, we have to repect the owners wishes. So if the owner decides not advertising, then no advertising. And that refers to local stuff. The global brands are not going to advertise here, but local companies can, so thats a missed revenue opportunity if ppl advertise on the forums, without paying anything for it.

Also, There are potential legal complications, like if someone says something bad about a local company, then the site owner might be taken to courts over it for allowing it to stay on the site. Worse case scenario. Thats why the insurence thread was so heavily edited, and closed down if I remember.

So ultimately everything comes down to Dosh eh........... :D:rolleyes:

regarding legal implications simple thing the owner of the site has to do is add a disclaimer to the forum and thats it. I too find it ridiculous that we cannot recommend a place especially when someone is asking for help?

but im not saying about advertising.

im telling about peoples views, anyone can have good and bad views on products.

only thing is you have the responsibility of telling the truth.

And the global brands thing is a joke,.

why global brands cant take legal actions?? they also can.

I think we should face the reality. local brand could be a global brand on the next buisiness day.

If you take these forums as privately owned things, itll make no good for it.

ANYWAY NO PERSONAL OFFENCE TO ANYONE,

just giving my thoughts, we can discuss it as friends ;)

Thanks.

Ppls views can be taken as advertising. Specially when u recomend a place to buy something. Endorsement. And the "truth" depends on your perspective. Heck, we advertise autoLanka every time we go for a drive somewhere, coz we have autoLanka stickers on our vehicles. Thats our choice. We could have chosen not to have the stickers on, coz we didn't want to advertise. We could have chosen to say "Madz, we'll put these stickers on, buts gonna cost u advertising $$". But we do if for free on our cars. And by airing our views, we do it for free on the forums. So, admin will decide on the limit. I think we take the limit as direct advertising. Every time we discuss how great the Pulsar VZR or the Civic is, even that can be taken as advertising, but thats ok, coz its conceptual. If we say, the Pulsar is great, and I'm selling mine, then its not. (Tho in my case it is, coz the advert is still up on the classifieds :D ) No, I'm not selling my Pulsar.

Global brands like Nissan aren't gonna bother taking action if ppl say bad things about it. U can say "Nissans are heavy on petrol usage" and Nissan won't care coz this is small potatoes to then. They can, but they wont bother. It's like Microsoft isn't too fussed over the piracy rate in SL (yet), but they care about larger markets like China and India. But if, hypothetically, u say "A*W has bad support" or something, then they WILL care, coz this site reaches a lot of ppl in its target market. For all its international membership, this is very much a Sri Lankan site.

And these forums are privately owned, like it or not. Someone pays the bills to keep this open so we can all meet and have fun here. If he wants to put some rules in place to prevent trouble for himself and others in the forums, then u just gonna have to repect that if u wanna participate. Ur choice is to stay in the framework and participate, or simply not participate. The web is not short of forums.

So ultimately everything comes down to Dosh eh........... :P:P

regarding legal implications simple thing the owner of the site has to do is add a disclaimer to the forum and thats it. I too find it ridiculous that we cannot recommend a place especially when someone is asking for help?

Ask the place to advertise on the site, and u can recomend it :rolleyes:

So ultimately everything comes down to Dosh eh........... :rolleyes::P

regarding legal implications simple thing the owner of the site has to do is add a disclaimer to the forum and thats it.

Just putting a disclaimer is not enough milnda...it's not as easy as you think. That's why we moderate real company names & personal names when ever we see them. We do not want to get into unnecessary trouble...you can just say that it’s enough but if something comes up we have to face all the burden. So always better to stay on the safe side :D

I too find it ridiculous that we cannot recommend a place especially when someone is asking for help?

We never moderate those kind of information. This forum is all about helping each other when it comes to motoring.. If you search on this forum you will find lot of good places recommended by our members.

good madz and all guys to get here and discuss.

so youre(MADZ) telling that we can recomodate places and products ?

so what about things not related to motoring (such as pc , electronics etc,)

I think those also should be enabled, because especially we (Srilankans)dont have a good forum to talk about them.

if there is kindly let me know :D

Ps. I think by enabling people to express their ideas publically, companies get good things too, its like a free survey u can know how people think, what improvement they should do and all that.

well, i think madz has the right to censor anything he wants.. in the end he's responsible.. i'm sure none of us will stick aruond if someone files a case against Autolanka (no offense to anyone.. ok)... and legally member's cant be charged that easily... its adminsitrators that gets busted... this is something i learned in the BCS Core paper...education seems to be helpful after all...

anyway as for advertising, if a person asks the rest of the members "hey where can i get a spare wheel for my three wheeler? (just an abstract example)" then we can reply...

but we cant go saying "hey everyone.. go to XXXX store to get the best prices on spare wheels for thre wheelers" :D

i think the furum rules are pretty ok.... MADZ, keep up the good work.. :P

well, i think madz has the right to censor anything he wants.. in the end he's responsible.. i'm sure none of us will stick aruond if someone files a case against Autolanka (no offense to anyone.. ok)... and legally member's cant be charged that easily... its adminsitrators that gets busted... this is something i learned in the BCS Core paper...education seems to be helpful after all...

anyway as for advertising, if a person asks the rest of the members "hey where can i get a spare wheel for my three wheeler? (just an abstract example)" then we can reply...

but we cant go saying "hey everyone.. go to XXXX store to get the best prices on spare wheels for thre wheelers" :D

i think the furum rules are pretty ok.... MADZ, keep up the good work.. :P

Gotta agree with MADZ on this....his rules are meant to be followed..there are boundaries that u can come close too but not cross and i think that so far this forum is on the right path...