• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Funny ::: Us Tank Vs Toyota Corolla

Velocity

This is task #1 of "Winning Iraqi heatrs and minds".They got it right I guess.Poor taxi driver and his living :( .

MINIACE

yep...that's why with all their high tech weaponry they are still getting their butts kicked on a daily basis for this sorta arrogance and idiocy

Wow! so much for the high tech gizmos. just for flatten cars on streets. no wonder these guys got *ss kicked in Iraq. same thing happened in India as well. they spent Billion rupees on Defence, but during the Mumbai attacks Indian Army commandos act like bunch of sissies. even the Indian Navy attacked and sunk Thai fishing trawler saying that it's a "Mother ship of pirates" :action-smiley-060: LMAO

Edited by Ruslan

Some Americans are so f**ked up right down to their genes... just like the "rowdy cowboy from Texas" who's sitting in Washington right now. At least the "dark skinny guy from Chicago" seem way better... so America has some hope left!

Wow! so much for the high tech gizmos. just for flatten cars on streets. no wonder these guys got *ss kicked in Iraq. same thing happened in India as well. they spent Billion rupees on Defence, but during the Mumbai attacks Indian Army commandos act like bunch of sissies. even the Indian Navy attacked and sunk Thai fishing trawler saying that it's a "Mother ship of pirates" :action-smiley-060: LMAO

Just to share my opinion, I don't the NSG Commando's acted like a bunch of sissies. Quite the opposite I think they got there too late to make much difference to a lot of hostages and then went in all guns blazing without an assesment of the situation or having any intel. This is exactly the same type of attitude which caused the Thai shipping trailer incident. I don't think anybody can doubt their bravery or commitment and indeed patriotism, but their methods and organisation structure requires a lot of work.

Sadly the more sophisticated US Army seems to suffer from the same issue but it is mostly down to political policy (or the lack of foresight and good intelligence in it and I mean intelligence in both senses of the term)

I wonder if had India accepted help from the Israeli's (which is bad PR for the indian millitary plus they are public enemy #1 in the Islamic world and in the long run could fuel more militancy against India !) is the situation might have been handled differently.

i am seriously proud the way our boys are handling the North.

Yesterday We Captured Alampil,

Seriously i love my country and I am so proud of the Forces.

If we had sent some WELIOYA SF boys to the TAJ they would have ended siege within 1 hr,

Our Guys i guess are more advanced to handle terrorist than any other country.

If we had sent some WELIOYA SF boys to the TAJ they would have ended siege within 1 hr,

double ditto that :)

http://www.lankanewspapers.com/specialforce

check the link out...the guy has been pretty reliable thus far and works for SF, pretty close to Def.Sec. judging by his previous writings.

According to him, Killi was bagged couple of days ago... For some reason, government is keeping it under wraps.. Probably to keep TN quiet :)

looks its built on a beach.....the sea is to the right ne?

south east of iranamadu puts it way off the beaches i think...

these are just dirt runways... good for turbo props and the likes... but there are enough and more large cargo planes that can land in these sorta runways...

this was the runway that they said was there all the time.. this runway was more like a dummy runway if you ask me. just to fool our politicos.

by the way Velocity, do you use google earth Pro or the Free version??

Edited by Terabite

i wish terrabite. :rolleyes:

can you see on the 2nd posted picture clearly it shows that the trees have been cut like triangle. i feel that to help the landing or trees would knock on the underbelly of the plane.

it seems this track is totally elusive and cannot be seen until really close up.

Just to share my opinion, I don't the NSG Commando's acted like a bunch of sissies. Quite the opposite I think they got there too late to make much difference to a lot of hostages and then went in all guns blazing without an assesment of the situation or having any intel. This is exactly the same type of attitude which caused the Thai shipping trailer incident. I don't think anybody can doubt their bravery or commitment and indeed patriotism, but their methods and organisation structure requires a lot of work.

i'm with Don on this. guess all the training and simulations can never prepare you 100% for the real deal. best examples are Operation Eagle Claw, incident at the Moscow theater in 2002, Beslan school siege etc. units that carried out all these operations meant to be the best in the business. but they all failed miserably.

i'm with Don on this. guess all the training and simulations can never prepare you 100% for the real deal. best examples are Operation Eagle Claw, incident at the Moscow theater in 2002, Beslan school siege etc. units that carried out all these operations meant to be the best in the business. but they all failed miserably.

TN was used for TamilNadu :) the folks who have all of a sudden woken upto tamil suffering in SL... the same folks who kept mum about prabkaran's misdeeds even on his own people...

On indian commandos... I was watching NDTV quite late into the night as things were unfolding... I aint no military expert but had the opportunity of seeing first hand how SLDF folks took control of those flats in borella when ltte took control of them after a major assault in Rajagiriya that left so many commuters dead...

And man those indian commandos were so bloody scared and not prepared for the situation...

For starters the commandos who were trying to land on "nariman house" off a helo took a bloody long time... Helo hovered over the building for a long time before they made their move... Lucky for them terras were not on the rooftop or didn't have line of fire on the helo or else...the helo too would've been a sitting duck...

If you see SLAF ops and air mobile brigade landings you'd have a clue the vast differences :)

Maybe MiniAce can elaborate :) :)

like you said... most these indian troops in this generation haven't had bullets coming at them with the intention of killing them... When it happens for real... It's never the same.

And in my lame opinion... on mumbai attacks indian forces sucked big time...

They were slow to respond and the response too wasn't that great...

And apparently the boat the terras came in was stopped for checking before the attack by the coast guard who found everything to be normal...

I another perspective, these attacks have proven to general indian public about terrorism and how tough it is to tackle it.

they will see our problem also in a different light now,

Well even Scotland Yard came to SL after the July 7 bombings to learn from our counter terrorism experiences. Ours is amongst the most battle hardened experienced forces in counter terrorism operations in the word, not to mention guerrilla warfare.

TN was used for TamilNadu :) the folks who have all of a sudden woken upto tamil suffering in SL... the same folks who kept mum about prabkaran's misdeeds even on his own people...

On indian commandos... I was watching NDTV quite late into the night as things were unfolding... I aint no military expert but had the opportunity of seeing first hand how SLDF folks took control of those flats in borella when ltte took control of them after a major assault in Rajagiriya that left so many commuters dead...

And man those indian commandos were so bloody scared and not prepared for the situation...

For starters the commandos who were trying to land on "nariman house" off a helo took a bloody long time... Helo hovered over the building for a long time before they made their move... Lucky for them terras were not on the rooftop or didn't have line of fire on the helo or else...the helo too would've been a sitting duck...

If you see SLAF ops and air mobile brigade landings you'd have a clue the vast differences :)

Maybe MiniAce can elaborate :) :)

like you said... most these indian troops in this generation haven't had bullets coming at them with the intention of killing them... When it happens for real... It's never the same.

And in my lame opinion... on mumbai attacks indian forces sucked big time...

They were slow to respond and the response too wasn't that great...

And apparently the boat the terras came in was stopped for checking before the attack by the coast guard who found everything to be normal...

I another perspective, these attacks have proven to general indian public about terrorism and how tough it is to tackle it.

they will see our problem also in a different light now,

Ripper I'm no military expert especially on tactics just an enthusiastic follower of insurgency and their developments across the world so please don't take my views as being "expert" in any way

I think these attacks on India demonstrated just how vulnerable India is to domestic insurgencies and attacks. Their internal security and intelligence capabilities including para military police is still stuck in the 1950's while the insurgents are very much 21st century. I mean the sheer fact the head of the Mumbai Counter Terrorism forces Hemant Karakare died after being shot 3 times in the chest through a bullet proof jacket showed just how ill equiped the Indian internal security elements are in dealing with these issues. There is also wide spread corruption and sheer incompetence.

Examples

1. The Taj Hotel was announced to be clear prematurely and the battle ranged on for another day after

2. Explosives left behind were found at the Mumbai train station yesterday ! This place was supposed to have been secured and used by thousands of members of public on a daily basis (Mumbai's population is very close to the whole of Sri Lanka's !!!)

To my understanding things which really should have been done better,

1. Ignorance of intel that mumbai would be targeted received days before the attack. I can understand why it might have happened cos I'm sure they get loads of warnings like this which are hoaxes but it does not excuse them from not following it up.

2. The NSG Commandos took 10 hours to arrive from new Delhi, most probably on a bus !!! I'm sure the indian air force could have lent a helicopter !

3. There was no assesment of the situation or an attempt to gather intel, deploy diversionary tactics (like pretending to negotiate with hostage takers to buy time) they just went in all guns blazing. I'm not sure if India will ever admit how many people died through friendly fire incidents.

4. The police did not have adequate body armour, not sure what the NSG had, but judging by the casualty count they certainly weren't able to stop AK 46 bullets

5. They did not accept assistance from countries with prior experience dealing with such crisis

6. The politicians are now playing the blame game (though unlike Sri Lanka some have taken responsibility and resigned) and trying to distract people from their own failings

I think something else which will come under the spot light is the shady way the ISI (Pakistan Intelligence Service) operates. It has apparently held to ransom every civillian country to ransom to date (by investigating and digging up dirt on them) and operate with impunity and autonomy without any accountability to civilian authorities and this is a seriously dangerous situation.