• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Increase Bhp Of A Mini 1000

ashan_01

hay mate

if u wana increase da BHP using spark plugs u need to replace total system that mean Spark plugs multi point or three point plugs with compatible plug wires and Coil or else u cant gain da maxa benif.

You can change the Carb if it is SU model, then u can go for Weber carb and increase, even if u have enough money u can go 4 twin carb system. ;)

some notes indicates a b the K and N air filter can do so but i am not having any exp a b tht

cheers

JC

hay mate

if u wana increase da BHP using spark plugs u need to replace total system that mean Spark plugs multi point or three point plugs with compatible plug wires and Coil or else u cant gain da maxa benif.

You can change the Carb if it is SU model, then u can go for Weber carb and increase, even if u have enough money u can go 4 twin carb system. ;)

some notes indicates a b the K and N air filter can do so but i am not having any exp a b tht

cheers

JC

tks mate...wil try out da spark plug thing....may b afterwards i'l c abt da carb....:P

Sorry I missed this topic earlier!

Before increasing it is very important to attain the optimum bhp out.This is possible with a proper tune-up .

In ideal set-up a 998 A engine produces 41-42 Bhp @ 2700 rpm and an A Plus produces 41-46 Bhp @ 2500 rpm.

But if you take a car to a rolling road test (not possible in SL) its lot less because of improper tune up,Bad exhaust n manifold,Worn plugs,Wire leads,bad Dizzy and Dizzy contacts and tatty Coil.

First attend to those listed above and feel the difference.Its important that a Mini expert does the tune-up.( Mini babes are different u know)

MINIACE

Before increasing it is very important to attain the optimum bhp out.This is possible with a proper tune-up .

In ideal set-up a 998 A engine produces 41-42 Bhp @ 2700 rpm and an A Plus produces 41-46 Bhp @ 2500 rpm.

But if you take a car to a rolling road test (not possible in SL) its lot less because of improper tune up,Bad exhaust n manifold,Worn plugs,Wire leads,bad Dizzy and Dizzy contacts and tatty Coil.

First attend to those listed above and feel the difference.Its important that a Mini expert does the tune-up.( Mini babes are different u know)

MINIACE

tks mate for da advise... im almst done wit da paint job. .. hw cn i contact you ?? email or phne .. lemme knw... i'l get in touch wit u ...

tks

mmm good to hear the expart comments..or simple thing to get the highest bhp on a mmini ..do the sir swap mate..miniace breef that too. ha ha

mmm good to hear the expart comments..or simple thing to get the highest bhp on a mmini ..do the sir swap mate..miniace breef that too. ha ha

Ha ha SiR swap is expensive but possible! If one wants to taste 180+Bhp...Mini+SiR is the combination!

MINIAE

Yeah its possible.

Two hot engine swaps completed at two different locations (one SiR at Roadstar-Seeduwa and one Toyota GT conversion done by Nadeera) and three SiR/Vtec /diesel swap projects are undergoing at Roadstar.Seeing is believing.Pay a visit to either place.We talked a lot about Mini conversions here.cant find it now.

MINIACE

Yeah its possible.

Two hot engine swaps completed at two different locations (one SiR at Roadstar-Seeduwa and one Toyota GT conversion done by Nadeera) and three SiR/Vtec /diesel swap projects are undergoing at Roadstar.Seeing is believing.Pay a visit to either place.We talked a lot about Mini conversions here.cant find it now.

MINIACE

thanks mate. can i hv contact numbers

• 2 weeks later...
hey guyz... i wanna increase the BHP of my mini. any suggestions ???

would twin spark plugs wrk.. or is there anything i need to do..??

if u want to find original upgrades for your mini try www.minispeed.co.uk its a few miles down the road from my place. else. buy this book called Tuning the A-series engine (im assuming ur car came with an a series engine). its about £16. just my 2 cents please.

• 1 year later...

MINIACE

Sorry to pull this up. But i came across a 'Super-Charged' unregistered Mini - here in S.L. which was in a showroom but already sold. I couldn't get the exact BHP.

Any guesses Miniace - as to the BHP?

My imagination has been running riot with all the possibilities of driving in one of these babies on our congested roads - overtaking /weaving in & out of traffic --wd be lot easier even than a super car IMO- because of its pint size & power. :alc:

If only I had some extra $$s........ <_<