• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

<-- Vehicle Engine Exhaust Test -->

cha

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well went and got the VET for my old "faithfull Lancer". Must say it passed with flying colours, only mod I did was to patch up the leaking silencer.

Actually the CO levels were about 3.5% lesser than the standard at 1.1% which amazed even the testers and the guys around. So was the HC which came in at 425 as opposed to the standard 1200 which you must have..

Was so happy did a wheely when I left the place.

But sadly there were still people who failed the tests even with newer machninery. One guy who came to get his old motorbike tested failed for the second time and he was so crestfallen that he said he'll run the bike hereafter without doing the license. Its a sad situation as there are many a Sri Lanakan citizen living out there who cannot afford to keep a vehicle in the mintest of condition and when they have to pocket out Rs. 200 for VET and then even more for license and insurance every year its not fair on their side. As you can see most of the vehicles running today are 'atogena' running vehicles.

Oh btw; saddest part is old faithfull was sold, my part of the deal was to get the VET done.

Well went and got the VET for my old "faithfull Lancer". Must say it passed with flying colours, only mod I did was to patch up the leaking silencer.

Actually the CO levels were about 3.5% lesser than the standard at 1.1% which amazed even the testers and the guys around. So was the HC which came in at 425 as opposed to the standard 1200 which you must have..

Was so happy did a wheely when I left the place.

But sadly there were still people who failed the tests even with newer machninery. One guy who came to get his old motorbike tested failed for the second time and he was so crestfallen that he said he'll run the bike hereafter without doing the license. Its a sad situation as there are many a Sri Lanakan citizen living out there who cannot afford to keep a vehicle in the mintest of condition and when they have to pocket out Rs. 200 for VET and then even more for license and insurance every year its not fair on their side. As you can see most of the vehicles running today are 'atogena' running vehicles.

Oh btw; saddest part is old faithfull was sold, my part of the deal was to get the VET done.

so moral of the story is , a good solid decent machine which has been well kept should be able to pass the VET :)

hmmm sounds like its time for a classic project gummy! :D

so moral of the story is , a good solid decent machine which has been well kept should be able to pass the VET :)

hmmm sounds like its time for a classic project gummy! :D

And btw; took it out after about 4 weeks in hiding, without been started.,

Nope no classics for me, maybe another Lancer now that there's a V8 sitting somewhere accessible ;)

• 3 months later...