• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fastest Car In Srilanka

Hiran690

Why not the BMW 840 (Ex-Ranjan Gomes' machine ..300+km/h)

MINIACE

sorry for diverting away form the tread, I saw ajmal in his red 8 series the other day and it was still unreg. How long has that man had that car for? atleast 7 years I believe remember seen him in it way back in 2001. has it ever changed hands? Saw a wired looking red colour car in his car sale. Looked like a Mitsu GTO. Any ideas boys?

• Like 1

sorry for diverting away form the tread, I saw ajmal in his red 8 series the other day and it was still unreg. How long has that man had that car for? atleast 7 years I believe remember seen him in it way back in 2001. has it ever changed hands? Saw a wired looking red colour car in his car sale. Looked like a Mitsu GTO. Any ideas boys?

Yes, infact i have seen it in the process it was built, i wish i didnt , the amount of Cataloy and the dressings, :-)

Ranjans 840 was Blue and he had it in mid 90s.That was the first 8 in SL.

MINIACE

regarding the wired looking red colour car, i also saw somthing like a ferrari but not a ferrari somtime back in nawala road. it had beige colour interior

Saw a wired looking red colour car in his car sale. Looked like a Mitsu GTO. Any ideas boys?

yup once upon a time that was mint silver GTO

then said individual picked it up and mutilated it in an effort to make a Ferrari F40 replica! :blink:

hence the outlandish fibre work and red paint scheme :(

sorry for diverting away form the tread, I saw ajmal in his red 8 series the other day and it was still unreg. How long has that man had that car for? atleast 7 years I believe remember seen him in it way back in 2001. has it ever changed hands?

The car is LHD , so registration issues prevent anyone from bothering to pick it up from what i hear...

Its owned by a famous cricketer now.Imported for 11 Mil with duty concessions way back in mid 90.

MINIACE

thats a lot money even now, never mind back then! :blink:

i had heard a rumour to suggest that the last time it was sold was in around the sub 4 mil mark - clearly i was misinformed or was i? :unsure:

thats a lot money even now, never mind back then! :blink:

i had heard a rumour to suggest that the last time it was sold was in around the sub 4 mil mark - clearly i was misinformed or was i? :unsure:

If I tell you ....its lot less than 4 Mil what ya say??? :o Shocking ne? Thats the truth mate. Now its used by crickerters younger brother.

MINIACE

The SL55 is restricted to 155mph. De-restricted I reckon it could do close to 200mph. What would be interesting though would be to see which is faster around a track. I'd bet on the Ferrari NOT driven by the owner of course ;)

Btw any 911 Turbos in SL? Heard a wild rumour about a Gemballa or Ruff 911......or was I dreaming :rolleyes: ?

The car is LHD , so registration issues prevent anyone from bothering to pick it up from what i hear...

oh that makes lot of sence

Its owned by a famous cricketer now.Imported for 11 Mil with duty concessions way back in mid 90.

MINIACE

mini wasn't it bought by the brother of the famous cricketer? or am i talking about a different car?

BTW how many BMW 8 series cars are there in SL? and how many SL R230's?

oh that makes lot of sence

mini wasn't it bought by the brother of the famous cricketer? or am i talking about a different car?

BTW how many BMW 8 series cars are there in SL? and how many SL R230's?

Its bought by Cricketer. His Bro is using it.( refer post #20).The car is in Kandy and owner hardly goes there cos of his busy schedule.

MINIACE