• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fastest Car In Srilanka

Hiran690

1 hour ago, Devinda_Z said:

Are we talking top speed or acceleration ??

I was more into acceleration, the drag specs

top speed is a different ballgame, I believe the production models will fare better here 

9 minutes ago, Sierra Charlie said:

Add to the list a couple of 8Gen VR4s. These are proper sleepers. Under the bonnet is a 6A13TT engine which is a 2500CC, V6 engine. Yep, the TT stands for Twin Turbo. Power goes to all four wheels. Mitsubishi says 'supposedly' that the engine puts out 276HP. These cars are from the era of the Gentlemen's agreement between Japanese car manufacturers. So chances are the actual figures are probably 15-25 ponies north of this. 

Drives as if the damn thing is on rails, like literally. Great acceleration and very, very unassuming looks. But, boy when it gets going, it does get going. :)

There was a complete VR4 conversion kit (engine, gearbox) for sale on the quick site for Rs. 750,000 - its sold now

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davy said:

How about the 800hp Vega? Literally one of a kind at the moment. ?

Apparently it's going to the Geneva Motorshow in March this year. 

Top speed is claimed to be around 240kmh? Ignoring that, it's crazy quick! (0-100 less than 3s, that's Taycan territory)

"Nice car...what's the retail on one of those?"

Edited by □AVANTE□

3 hours ago, Sierra Charlie said:

Add to the list a couple of 8Gen VR4s. These are proper sleepers. Under the bonnet is a 6A13TT engine which is a 2500CC, V6 engine. Yep, the TT stands for Twin Turbo. Power goes to all four wheels. Mitsubishi says 'supposedly' that the engine puts out 276HP. These cars are from the era of the Gentlemen's agreement between Japanese car manufacturers. So chances are the actual figures are probably 15-25 ponies north of this. 

Drives as if the damn thing is on rails, like literally. Great acceleration and very, very unassuming looks. But, boy when it gets going, it does get going. :)

Heavy car and it's supposed to have the same love and demand as the RX7 & Supra. F&F made the Supra overrated smh.

7 hours ago, □AVANTE□ said:

I dont follow those rich kid pages..just doesn't seem right with me. If we are talking about cars that aren't media stars:

Jag XK120, Old 1st gen NSX, Nissan March Impuls, Outlander AirTrack, air cooled 911s, 996 911s, Jag XK coupes, MR2s, Colt RalliArt, Merc R129, Jaguar E-type (I was told of the total 5 cars, 2 are illegal cars still present in the island and hidden somewhere), AC Cobra, Merc 190SL and some projects cars like a D15B EF Civic Hatch, KE20/B130 mechanical swapped Minors, 260hp Swift Sport, turbocharged Maruti Alto K10s, turbocharged Mazda 323 Familia (badged as Protege), etc..

Well..if you want more stars for non media star list....our very own @Komisiripala's Integra; a few 2JZ X-Chassis cars, two BEAMS powered AE85s (one already running and another one being done up), the Sylvia powered only "AE86" Trueno in the country. Lets not forget J. Wahab's 20 series Celica running a Silvertop 4A-GE (plus another sweet ride being done up as we speak) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, □AVANTE□ said:

Heavy car and it's supposed to have the same love and demand as the RX7 & Supra. F&F made the Supra overrated smh.

?How informed are you about this? In terms of reliability, it's pretty much the same as the regular Galant or the Legnum. Some parts are obviously difficult to find.

The Manual 8Gen weighs about 1450KG and the Automatic weighs about 1500KG. Weight varies a little if the car has AYC. 

12 minutes ago, Sierra Charlie said:

?How informed are you about this? In terms of reliability, it's pretty much the same as the regular Galant or the Legnum. Some parts are obviously difficult to find.

The Manual 8Gen weighs about 1450KG and the Automatic weighs about 1500KG. Weight varies a little if the car has AYC. 

It seems he has confused the GTO/3000GT VR4 with the Galant VR4

Edited by Hyaenidae

21 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

It seems he has confused the GTO/3000GT VR4 with the Galant VR4

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I just re-read it. Everytime I see VR4 my head goes over to the 3000GT. Didn't see the galant there.

Speaking of which, how many galant VR4s do we have here? I remember seeing only one in FB.

35 minutes ago, Sierra Charlie said:

I don't understand what my comment has to do with reliability & parts availability, but the more you know, the better! 

Also, 1500kg is still damn heavy compared to an evo.

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Well..if you want more stars for non media star list....our very own @Komisiripala's Integra; a few 2JZ X-Chassis cars, two BEAMS powered AE85s (one already running and another one being done up), the Sylvia powered only "AE86" Trueno in the country. Lets not forget J. Wahab's 20 series Celica running a Silvertop 4A-GE (plus another sweet ride being done up as we speak)

I remember reading about the SR20 powered AE86 in torque & throttle & was impressed like heck (what ever happened to T&T??)

I agree with the examples you mentioned. Did Komisiripala sell the ITR? Wahab's Celica ST is a beauty. Also after you mentioned about the tourer V conversions last week, I have been following some of them and am truly amazed that the culture is taking a step forward!

Also, I must add the 3G-SE Beams powered E30 & the 3.5L Inline-6 swapped E30 to that 'unique rides' list too!

14 hours ago, □AVANTE□ said:

I dont follow those rich kid pages..just doesn't seem right with me. If we are talking about cars that aren't media stars:

Jag XK120, Old 1st gen NSX, Nissan March Impuls, Outlander AirTrack, air cooled 911s, 996 911s, Jag XK coupes, MR2s, Colt RalliArt, Merc R129, Jaguar E-type (I was told of the total 5 cars, 2 are illegal cars still present in the island and hidden somewhere), AC Cobra, Merc 190SL and some projects cars like a D15B EF Civic Hatch, KE20/B130 mechanical swapped Minors, 260hp Swift Sport, turbocharged Maruti Alto K10s, turbocharged Mazda 323 Familia (badged as Protege), etc..

Neither do I. But those wannabe rich kids are all over the place 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, □AVANTE□ said:

Top speed is claimed to be around 240kmh? Ignoring that, it's crazy quick! (0-100 less than 3s, that's Taycan territory)

$250,000 for the Vega

4 hours ago, fiat fan said:

$250,000 for the Vega

That's a bit too much but considering it's their first car and it took almost a decade of R&D to create, I understand.

5 hours ago, fiat fan said:

I was expecting a "more than you can afford pal" reply ?

1 hour ago, □AVANTE□ said:

That's a bit too much but considering it's their first car and it took almost a decade of R&D to create, I understand.

I was expecting a "more than you can afford pal" reply ?

You never know man. The owners might have a hot daughter/son ?

19 hours ago, □AVANTE□ said:

I remember reading about the SR20 powered AE86 in torque & throttle & was impressed like heck (what ever happened to T&T??)

I agree with the examples you mentioned. Did Komisiripala sell the ITR? Wahab's Celica ST is a beauty. Also after you mentioned about the tourer V conversions last week, I have been following some of them and am truly amazed that the culture is taking a step forward!

Also, I must add the 3G-SE Beams powered E30 & the 3.5L Inline-6 swapped E30 to that 'unique rides' list too!

Yes....to be honest a lot of were quite pissed off at that....there were plenty of AE85s that could have been sacrificed for the conversion (and some claimed they offered to give up their 85s and exchange for the only 86 in the country). But..yes...the conversion is beautiful and the guy went through a lot of heart ache and pain to get it the way it is.

Nope..the Doc still has it....but yes..it was put up for sale for a brief period of time but I think we are all glad he did not go through with it. Then there is the 3S powered A60 Carina liftback :) THen there is an old school Starlet that is being done up. 

37 minutes ago, iRage said:

Yes....to be honest a lot of were quite pissed off at that....there were plenty of AE85s that could have been sacrificed for the conversion (and some claimed they offered to give up their 85s and exchange for the only 86 in the country). But..yes...the conversion is beautiful and the guy went through a lot of heart ache and pain to get it the way it is.

Nope..the Doc still has it....but yes..it was put up for sale for a brief period of time but I think we are all glad he did not go through with it. Then there is the 3S powered A60 Carina liftback :) THen there is an old school Starlet that is being done up. 

EP71 turbo? Also wherever that carina might be?

Hey there's a 301- beige GX90 manual for sale in Kegalle, do you know the car? I called him up, he said he has records, real smooth engine and he is considering exchange with my swift (which surprised me). My gut says he is trying to get rid of the car as he didn't disclose why he is trying to sell it off.

7 minutes ago, □AVANTE□ said:

EP71 turbo? Also wherever that carina might be?

Hey there's a 301- beige GX90 manual for sale in Kegalle, do you know the car? I called him up, he said he has records, real smooth engine and he is considering exchange with my swift (which surprised me). My gut says he is trying to get rid of the car as he didn't disclose why he is trying to sell it off.

Nope....older than a 70 series Statlet :)

No idea what the GX90 is....hmm....well..if its not too far off..might be worth a look ? You never know....when I was looking for a car in 2014 I came across a 110 series Mark II...the guy was desperate to get rid of it as he did not like its fuel consumption (he was expecting 10+)

Oh yes that explains..his ad only mentioned the owners, fuel economy & service records only! When I told him about the swift, he was keen on knowing the fuel consumption & engine condition and my claim of 16kmpl outstation made him keen. 

As long as it doesn't have a botched history, fine by me! But reselling will be a pain ofc.