• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aston Martin Seized By Fiscal - Hsbc

Bugbase

http://sundaytimes.lk/081012/FinancialTimes/ft333.html

HSBC moves to seize assets of garment firm, Christy Lanka

Action was filed in the High Court of Colombo by HSBC against Christy Lanka Apparels (Pvt) Ltd and the company's Managing Director Mr. Dilshan Fernando in a case where approximately Rs 600 million is owed to the bank.

The attorney representing HSBC, Jade Gunaratne from Julius & Creasy told The Sunday Times FT that this case is unique because eight previous actions had been filed in the Commercial High Court against the same defendant.

Mr. Gunaratne explained that a judgment and decree was handed down which Mr. Fernando failed to honour and as a consequence of the defendant failing to pay in accordance with the terms entered in the said case, a writ of execution was issued to the Fiscal who seized and sealed the movable assets of the defendant.

Those assets are situated at No 78 Mukthar Plaza, Grandpass Road, Colombo 14 on the first and fourth floors. Romesh De Silva (PC) with Prasanna Jayawardena (attorney-at- Law), Instructed by Messers Julius and Creasy appeared for HSBC. Nihal Fernando (PC) with Rajindra Jayasinghe (attorney- at- Law) instructed by S. R.Narayanaswamy appeared for the defendant.

i feel somewhat bad for the guy(or gal)....if it was a merc or any other car you buy just because you can,i wouldn't mind....but you don't buy an aston just because you have money do you?....

oh well...i hope he or she enjoyed while it lasted

btw it'll be auctioned off right?

hmmmmm i think AL 25k odd members....and if each of us put in abt Rs.200.... it'll come to around about 50 mil....hmmm.... can anyone see where i'm going with this? ;):lol:

i feel somewhat bad for the guy(or gal)....if it was a merc or any other car you buy just because you can,i wouldn't mind....but you don't buy an aston just because you have money do you?....

oh well...i hope he or she enjoyed while it lasted

btw it'll be auctioned off right?

hmmmmm i think AL 25k odd members....and if each of us put in abt Rs.200.... it'll come to around about 50 mil....hmmm.... can anyone see where i'm going with this? ;):lol:

lol !! That's hillarious HelRazor!!

Based on the value of the car being Rs 50 mil and the individual contribution being Rs 200 and there being 365 in a year; each of us would end up with around 2hrs in it each year in exchange for the Rs 200. Considering that the going rate for an hour in a Bently GT works out to around Rs 2500: this deal's A BARGAIN! I'm game :grinning-smiley-003:

Edited by Kavvz

lol !! That's hillarious HelRazor!!

Based on the value of the car being Rs 50 mil and the individual contribution being Rs 200 and there being 365 in a year; each of us would end up with around 2hrs in it each year in exchange for the Rs 200. Considering that the going rate for an hour in a Bently GT works out to around Rs 2500: this deal's A BARGAIN! I'm game :grinning-smiley-003:

guess the car has to working 24/7 :lol:.......