• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Abandoned Or Not Used Classics

rman2000

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
hey guys .... went to that place i was talking about last weekend in homagama (galawilawatta junction). excuse me for the bad quality images as i took them with my phone. need to go there again with cam :rolleyes:

have a look ....

merc , ford montego , etc i dont know

dsc00194ph8.jpg

w1600.png

??? no idea what these are.

dsc00193sv7.jpg

w1600.png

can somebody tell me what is this?

dsc00191hq8.jpg

w1600.png

dsc00192yl9.jpg

w1600.png

theres another merc behind this peugeot

dsc00190wo7.jpg

w1600.png

there were some more like this there will try to get them all next time ....

hey guys ... all these cars are gone !!!! went there last Sunday and there was nothing !

Edited by ferrarif50

hey guys ... all these cars are gone !!!! went there last Sunday and there was nothing !

hmmm looks like the owners have gotten to gether and worked something out - or who knows, dunno if someone had taken legal action - this might well be the result of some kinda of ruling :unsure:

There is this guy in "Hokandara" who is a son of Prema engineering owner . Elderly fellow ..i met him few times at his residence few years back. he has an amazing collection of oooold classic cars.

I was passing his place few months ago and those junkies are still there. worth paying a visit if you are hunting for oldies.

There is this guy in "Hokandara" who is a son of Prema engineering owner . Elderly fellow ..i met him few times at his residence few years back. he has an amazing collection of oooold classic cars.

I was passing his place few months ago and those junkies are still there. worth paying a visit if you are hunting for oldies.

i think this is the other place S_N mentioned

yup (hows the restoration coming along on that?)

but shame about the Triumph2000 though :(

It's coming out very well. I think the owner is going to post some pics soon...

Triumph 2000 is a shame. The registered owner is still said to be ME!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

does any one know anything about a garage / car grave yard off "Kurudalpotha" or somewhere like that , in Kuliyapitiya ?? went past a place which had morris Minors being repaired and thought i saw what looked like shells of yank tanks from days gone by - wasn't in aa position to stop and investiage , but does anyone else have any info? :huh: quite curious to find out what that place was....

It's Kuliyapitiya. It's a breaker yard. Two boys are running it now, their father was doing it originally who passed away about 6-7 yrs ago.

he he

Guess who might be mosing along thataway? mmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Any directions? I mite be able to bring some details.......

Hi I've been there some time ago. Believe me the place is very depressing. Not sure about directions but it's on your right hand side when "going".

Prad, on the left side on the same road, in a v large coconut land there lies a kermit the frog green series 1 Mazda RX7 in dismantled form. You might as well exert your energy on that ;)

• 3 years later...

Just reviving an old thread.......

There is a Wolseley 1500, Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV 2ltr and a Renault R5 lying for restoration at Battaramulla. The owner wants to restore them for about the last 20 years or so and....well they are at the moment Rusting In Peace (under cover though)!!!!!!

Edited by CJ5

Just reviving an old thread.......

There is a Wolseley 1500, Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV 2ltr and a Renault R5 lying for restoration at Battaramulla. The owner wants to restore them for about the last 20 years or so and....well they are at the moment Rusting In Peace (under cover though)!!!!!!

I think I know the place - Went to see the Alfetta years ago. Sad plight is what I can say......

Members,

This I saw on Monday when turn off at Madempe on Chilaw road to interior on kurunagala road.

I was coming down to Colombo from Kuliyapitiya, and Madagama in Chilaw district after doing two jobs.

I came across number of old Vehicles Hillman, Austin A40 Van. and few others on the road side, repair garages, lying for long time.

They can be restored if owners are willing to sell them.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

next time you go if possible take a picture if you can Sylvi

Members,

This I saw on Monday when turn off at Madempe on Chilaw road to interior on kurunagala road.

I was coming down to Colombo from Kuliyapitiya, and Madagama in Chilaw district after doing two jobs.

I came across number of old Vehicles Hillman, Austin A40 Van. and few others on the road side, repair garages, lying for long time.

They can be restored if owners are willing to sell them.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

There is also one place at Hanwella near the police station. Place is full of abandoned Fiats and Morris Minors.

Then again there is one hell of a treasure trove at Tissamaharama - Yodakandiya. Just as you turn left from the Tissa- Kirinda road into the road to Situlpawwa there is a gravel road to the left and the place is at the end of that gravel road. That chap has disused Ford Prefects, A40s, Morris minors, Austin Cambridges some Peugeot 403s and 203s, AND best of all he has meter clusters and used spares and body parts for most of those classics.

Edited by CJ5

CJ5,

I have driven pass road side number of times used cars, which can be put in to good use as. Next time will take pictures’ and post them to the forum.

I have seen them some time back. They are still there.?

Hanwella near the police station. Place is full of abandoned Fiats and Morris Minors.

Once 10 years back, I saw on the road side in Galle district, this was just close to a tea estate.

A SUNBEEM motor cycle. Stopped my vehicle Incquard the price if they are selling. They quoted me .5M.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.