• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Skyline Vs Accent

Thusha

The police have got down a whole lot of Accents... wonder if anyone in the SL Police saw this vid thought "hmmm ok, the Accent is faster than the Skyline.. so that would mean we can catch these street racers before they flee if we buy accents for patrol cars..."

:o:P

*lol* Hillarious! Nice one Dinesh!

(And thank goodness someone in the SL government is thinking to save some money, by buying Hyundai instead of Peugeots)

what about this car :D

untitled4ve.jpg

Yeah there we go!! Hey Hulk which rally season is this from?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not freaking damn fast actually.. it did 1/4mile in 12.6 sec and the skyline did in 13.9secs

I think the skyline can do better in quarter mile.. Plus was an accent WRC car.. I think normal STi or an EVO can outrun that accent in 1/4mile :D

yeh sometime, but not sure :o

Andrew,

i remember someone saying on the forum some time back that the counter goes on the 'past 24 hours' not the calander day

Yeah, that be me.... in one of my jobless periods.

Edit: What the.... that was off a different thread :o Damn, cross thread posting, possible when having mutiple tabs :P

not only nissan, i didn't see toyota and honda cars in WRC, correct me if i am wrong .. :D

They don't now, but Toyota had a decent entry in the Corolla. I think that was the Corolla II? What they call the windy? Pulsat GTiRs do rally cross. I don't think there was ever a Honda in any sorta rally. U can play with it in a couple of older rally games, I think Colin McRae 2 had it.

And Thush, I think there is a 300bhp limit on the rally cars. The current gen Evos probably put out more bhp than the Lancer WRC. (Tho I'm not saying the Evo is faster than the WRC, coz its probably not.

The police have got down a whole lot of Accents... wonder if anyone in the SL Police saw this vid thought "hmmm ok, the Accent is faster than the Skyline.. so that would mean we can catch these street racers before they flee if we buy accents for patrol cars..."

:P :P

Thats the GLS. I saw another one in Nugegoda yesterday evening. And a whole row of them parked for inspection with some new bikes near SSC no the day of the Roy-Tho One day match.

not only corolla, celica also into WRC ... just found some info check this out http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/Toyota_GT4/Celica1.html

Gee, chaater story. But really, D'oh moment. When we have so many pics of Dilantha Malagamuwa's Celica GT4 :( Shoulda remembered it was a rally car.

Yeah, that be me.... in one of my jobless periods.

They don't now, but Toyota had a decent entry in the Corolla. I think that was the Corolla II? What they call the windy? Pulsat GTiRs do rally cross. I don't think there was ever a Honda in any sorta rally. U can play with it in a couple of older rally games, I think Colin McRae 2 had it.

And Thush, I think there is a 300bhp limit on the rally cars. The current gen Evos probably put out more bhp than the Lancer WRC. (Tho I'm not saying the Evo is faster than the WRC, coz its probably not.

Thats the GLS. I saw another one in Nugegoda yesterday evening. And a whole row of them parked for inspection with some new bikes near SSC no the day of the Roy-Tho One day match.

Gee, chaater story. But really, D'oh moment. When we have so many pics of Dilatha Malgamuwa's Celica GT4 :D Shoulda remembered it was a rally car.

thanks 4 the info, yeh its remembering the dilantha malagauwa's celica, when i first saw it thought of it too... :D why he couldn't win in sri lanka though he has exporsure to international events

there were honda rally cars...... :D

untitled7jz.th.jpg

bghonda01ak12803wv.th.jpg

hmmm, now, that is interesting. Rally Integras. Raikkonen on the first one. Microsoft and Compaq sponsership on the second.... Forgive my ignorance, but are these 1.6l on the road? Quite possibly JWRC or PWRC class? The 1600 Super Swift runs JWRC, I think that class is 1.6l N/A engines. Or are these privately entered cars and not factory entered Works cars?

hmmm, now, that is interesting. Rally Integras. Raikkonen on the first one. Microsoft and Compaq sponsership on the second.... Forgive my ignorance, but are these 1.6l on the road? Quite possibly JWRC or PWRC class? The 1600 Super Swift runs JWRC, I think that class is 1.6l N/A engines.

I think u hit it right on the head...yep those look more like JWRC cars...dunno if they are real JWRC cars or just stickered up Integra's...

hmmm, now, that is interesting. Rally Integras. Raikkonen on the first one. Microsoft and Compaq sponsership on the second.... Forgive my ignorance, but are these 1.6l on the road? Quite possibly JWRC or PWRC class? The 1600 Super Swift runs JWRC, I think that class is 1.6l N/A engines. Or are these privately entered cars and not factory entered Works cars?

yeh its doughtful... cause no information abt it anywhere? but its nice to see HONDA, NISSAN, TOYOTA in WRC, :D

are these 4WD?

the forum's pretty busy today isnt it? i'm finding it a bit hard to kepe up with the threads ...

he he yeh :D 'cause all of them having half day i guess

yes it comes with 4WD...

You guys, what's wrong with y'all?

Honda has never had an official WRC entry. Any car can be a 'Rally Car' if somebody enters it on any rally, anywhere. That first Integra is definitely taking part in a Finnish event but I'm not sure that its our boy Kimi.

Rallying doesn't fit Honda's corporate image, so its unlikely we'll see Honda involvement in the WRC in the near future. They'd rather be position themselves as exponents of high-revving technology, and turbos just don't fit their game-plan.

And yes, Toyota withdrew from the WRC to focus on F1. In fact, Toyota Team Europe, the guys that ran the Celica and Corolla WRCs set the F1 team up in Cologne, headed by Over Andersson.

From time to time, you'll see a privateer Corolla on a random WRC event but probably not after the end of this decade, because the FIA homologation will expire. Same thing with the Celica, which I doubt you'll see again on the WRC stage.

What you may see, though, is a fully-blown Suzuki Swift WRC. There are rumours that Suzuki already has a such a mule in Japan. They are definitely enjoying the exposure they are getting with their JWRC participation and since the new Swift is a 'World' car, they may join the WRC proper. Let's keep our fingers crossed. :D

Rallying doesn't fit Honda's corporate image, so its unlikely we'll see Honda involvement in the WRC in the near future. They'd rather be position themselves as exponents of high-revving technology, and turbos just don't fit their game-plan.

how very true... Whenever i hear Honda the only surgace i can picture it on is tarmac... that goes even for their SUVs like the CRV and HRV...

HEEY!!!!!!

i just realized.. this thread is SKYLINE Vs. ACCENT... somehow or the other Honadas have crept into this thread without any of us knowing.. :D

we need a Honda-filter... hehhe :P j/k

its the Hyundai Accent WRC2 2.0L Turbo, n its driven By alister mcrae bt u cant compare wrc cars with street cars, n if u want to test the actual power u should race it with Subaru Wrc or Ford Forcus Wrc

And nigel told me he drove one in a rally school n its damn fast

Old Car

1119gy.jpg

1128fi.jpg

New Car

1135fj.jpg

Chassi

1147on.jpg

Gear Box

1154db.jpg

2001 Hyundai Accent WRC 2

Engine Location Front

Drive Type 4WD

Cylinders 4

Aspiration/Induction Turbocharged

Displacement 1998.00 cc | 121.9 cu in. | 2 L.

Valves 16 valves.

4 valves per cylinder.

Horsepower 300.00 HP (220.8 KW)

Torque 500.00 NM (368.7 Ft-Lbs)

HP / Liter 150.0 BHP / Liter

Gears 6

Transmission Manual

2002Hyundai Accent WRC 3

Country of origin South Korea

Weight 1230 kilo / 2711.7 lbs

Engine Straight 4

Engine Location Front , transversely mounted

Displacement 1.998 liter / 121.9 cu in

Valvetrain 4 valves / cylinder, DOHC

Fuel feed Electronic Fuel injection

Aspiration Garrett Turbo

Gearbox Xtrac 6 speed Sequential

Drive All wheel drive

Power 300 bhp / 224 KW

Torque 580 Nm / 428 ft lbs

BHP/Liter 150 bhp / liter

Power to weight ratio 0.24 bhp / kg

very good info gihan.

:D:P

macho my friend gave me this original video in last june, so in july i searched this 2L engine in some singapore junk yards n i met a guy who owns a Fully Mofified 206 n i told that guy can u find this engine for me then he got very angry with me n asked me are u crazy they dont sell that car so how could u find this engine bt i found 1.6 L 16V engine n it got 10HP more than mine so i forgot that idea :P

You guys, what's wrong with y'all?

Honda has never had an official WRC entry. Any car can be a 'Rally Car' if somebody enters it on any rally, anywhere. That first Integra is definitely taking part in a Finnish event but I'm not sure that its our boy Kimi.

I don't think that was Kimi Raikonen :D that name was pretty famous in WRC before Kimi came along in F1. Can't remember the full name tho.

Hehehe ya i heard about the whole new fleet of Accent police cars...DAMN with cars that FAST looks like all the street racers hav big ass problems now!!

I dont think so ( handling )

Machan i am not a big accent fan bt in 2004 i want to buy a car then i ask my parents i want a car n they told me yes u can have a car bt Unregisterd one around 1Million to 1.2 and i went to sevaral car sales but finally i deside to buy this

And Accent is a good car in straight roads but the sad thing is the handling , my god i dnt like to talk about it very poor handling so i replaced the alloyes 13 inches to 195 x 50 x 15 n the shocks n now its bit ok

And many dragsters drove my car Nirosh , Nigel, Lasitha n their idea is the touqe it not enough n another problem is the gear distance if ur changing 1st to 2nd the distance is huge n the rev cutoff is set to 6000 rpm but when i shift at around 5900 rpm the the car backfires

ANd the good thig is the fuel economy in mine around 15 n the spares are very cheep n if u want to replace the air flow sensor u can use the Nissan FB15 Sensor,, u can fix any japan engine parts to this engine,,, bt not all

very good info gihan.

machan dimantha like to know the weight of evoVII front bumper n spoiler :P

Hahahaha!! ya looks like the Accent is the car to have...Hmmmm...wonder if u can get the WRC version and bring it down to SL...or maybe even the engine...

IF u do that u can see me infront of ur house with a camera :D

SO guys i post some pics of my car, Early look n new look, so stones n flowers are welcome :D

dsci00155ft.gif

I can see the bonnet is from the evo mould, but is the bumper evo too? Was it a direct fit? Neat job any how..