• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Obama Won!

Saturn

Obama Victory..  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think

• Yay
    • I hoped McCain would win
    • Whatever, who cares

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.. what do you think?

Not really interested in politics but had a thought of Obama will have it. Also Mc Cain is too old for it.

BTW is AL arranging a party for it? ...lol...

Edited by Bharath

just to add to my earlier comments

not much of a fan of Hilldog but her speech during the Democratic primary sums it all up

“In the White House, there is no time for speeches and on-the-job training. Senator McCain will bring a lifetime of experience to the campaign and Senator Obama will bring a speech he gave in 2004. I think that is a significant difference,”

i was wondering why it took so long for this topic to pop up

anywyaz now that it is, as a GOP supporter only got this to say

lets see how well he can walk the talk

Yes well at least the man had the good sense to not pick Caribou BArbie as his running mate... that pretty much did it for Grampy Mcsame.... that and the economy, oh and his "President Bush and I share a common Philosophy", and of course his infamous "That one" gaffe

"That one" has ended up President anyway.... :)

I do agree though that he has a LOT to deliver on

I'm relieved that he won. The world can't take any more Republican economic policies and any more wars on terror that are never won. The Markets around the world have reacted very positively. If McCain won we would have seen another crash.

The ecomonic melt down and choosing an inexperienced pretty face as his running mate was MacCain's down fall. (That prank call is hilarious btw :lol: )

Now all we need is a local Obama to give our George W Rajapakse a break ;) !!!! Then the world will be a much better place :) !

I'm relieved that he won. The world can't take any more Republican economic policies and any more wars on terror that are never won. The Markets around

Now all we need is a local Obama to give our George W Rajapakse a break ;) !!!!

*Slaps GTAm till he wakes up*

:) jk mate

Wow!!! to just think that Dr.Luther king was fighting for equal rights for blacks just forty odd years ago.....amazing....only in america as they say..... :) .. those hillbilly trailer trash must be pissed now that they have to call a blacky their president... :lol:

i've never been a supporter obama(or maccain) but i'm very curious to see how he handles things....i guess the whole world is because what he does during the next 4 years could change the whole future of the world..either for better or for worse..

Now all we need is a local Obama to give our George W Rajapakse a break ;) !!!! Then the world will be a much better place :) !

Amen!

oosing an inexperienced pretty face as his running mate was MacCain's down fall. (That prank call is hilarious btw :lol: )

well now she can do what she was born to do.....pose for playboy :D

Yes well at least the man had the good sense to not pick Caribou BArbie as his running mate... that pretty much did it for Grampy Mcsame.... that and the economy, oh and his "President Bush and I share a common Philosophy", and of course his infamous "That one" gaffe

"That one" has ended up President anyway.... :)

I do agree though that he has a LOT to deliver on

Since there a black man at the worlds most powerful job now I really hope the whole off the top ‘lets be politically correct on racism’ bandwagon will come to an end

Yes I agree the beauty contestant stunt and the economic crisis really did it for old boy Mc. But if you to take a look at it closely the whole point of appointing Ms. Palin as the running mate was to offset Mc’s anti feminine past. It was nothing but a desperate move from the republicans to tap in to the vote base of the opposite gender. But it had a knock on effect on the whole ‘Obama is not experienced enough’ slogan.

About the economic crisis well let’s just say Mc was in the wrong place at the wrong time. More than the failed war on terror what backfired for Republicans was the financial crisis (http://www.pollingreport.com/prioriti.htm). If the crisis wasn’t as intense as it is or if the presidential race was held early this year we surely would have had a very different result.

Just to touch base on the ‘That One’ saga. I think it was simply hyped up by the media since there was nothing new or special to report on the 2nd debate.

Amen to that. I’m thinking in the likes of a son of a late great president

Since there a black man at the worlds most powerful job now I really hope the whole off the top ‘lets be politically correct on racism’ bandwagon will come to an end

Yes I agree the beauty contestant stunt and the economic crisis really did it for old boy Mc. But if you to take a look at it closely the whole point of appointing Ms. Palin as the running mate was to offset Mc’s anti feminine past. It was nothing but a desperate move from the republicans to tap in to the vote base of the opposite gender. But it had a knock on effect on the whole ‘Obama is not experienced enough’ slogan.

About the economic crisis well let’s just say Mc was in the wrong place at the wrong time. More than the failed war on terror what backfired for Republicans was the financial crisis (http://www.pollingreport.com/prioriti.htm). If the crisis wasn’t as intense as it is or if the presidential race was held early this year we surely would have had a very different result.

Just to touch base on the ‘That One’ saga. I think it was simply hyped up by the media since there was nothing new or special to report on the 2nd debate.

Amen to that. I’m thinking in the likes of a son of a late great president

I find myself in agreement. I cautiously welcome President Obama, though talking about change and delivering change are two very different things. To be honest though I would not think of myself as a conservative (well perhaps a moderate conservative like Colin Powell) I always had a bit of a soft spot for McCain cos I like mavericks. But I think McCain for that simple reason was always going to have difficulties getting elected as he does not appeal that well to the conservative core of the republican party (hence he picked Palin to try to balance that out) and was always going to have difficulties attracting the liberal base of the democrats with the likes of Clinton and Obama on their ticket (while also risking open revolt in his own party). It was a lose lose situation for McCain, but that is how it is.

Anyways with a lot of major economies bordering on recession we need a strong US leadership to drive the world out of this crisis and I hope and pray for my sake as well as others that Obama is such a leader. Time will tell.

I find myself in agreement. I cautiously welcome President Obama, though talking about change and delivering change are two very different things.

I just love the way you pick your words. In an era where words cause more harm than bullets I just hope there are more people like you (specially in this land of the chinthanaya where government big shots including the army commander seems to be talk out of their ass most of the time) Anyway enough ass kissing for one day lol

I find myself in agreement. I cautiously welcome President Obama, though talking about change and delivering change are two very different things. To be honest though I would not think of myself as a conservative (well perhaps a moderate conservative like Colin Powell) I always had a bit of a soft spot for McCain cos I like mavericks. But I think McCain for that simple reason was always going to have difficulties getting elected as he does not appeal that well to the conservative core of the republican party (hence he picked Palin to try to balance that out) and was always going to have difficulties attracting the liberal base of the democrats with the likes of Clinton and Obama on their ticket (while also risking open revolt in his own party). It was a lose lose situation for McCain, but that is how it is.

Anyways with a lot of major economies bordering on recession we need a strong US leadership to drive the world out of this crisis and I hope and pray for my sake as well as others that Obama is such a leader. Time will tell.

I have a different point of view. Yes Mc is one of the most left winged conservatives. The way I see it this quality would have helped him to tap into the liberal democrats. To be honest between Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney I can’t see a better republican running the race. As I mentioned before he simply ran the race at the worst possible time. Economically things are so bleak everyone agrees it need a big ‘change’. And that’s what Obama has been telling since 2004 and that slogan captured people’s hearts a little bit better than what a POW with a wealth of experience got to say.

I’m thinking in the likes of a son of a late great president

That late great president had his own weaknesses. If we're both talking about the same person just remind yourself about the stunt he played that got him killed. And the amount of supplies he gave the LTTE in secrecy..... Everybody hated him when he was alive for running a dictatorship.

Edited by madmax

That late great president had his own weaknesses. If we're both talking about the same person just remind yourself about the stunt he played that got him killed. And the amount of supplies he gave the LTTE in secrecy..... Everybody hated him when he was alive for running a dictatorship.

...some may even go to the extent of drawing similarities between the current regime and his, but i think the comment was made with thought being given to the infrastructure development during his reign

Fathers Son he may well turn out to be, but one hopes that the he retains all the virtues and none of the vices

...only time will tell...