• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Efficiency N16

chamath

Hi all,

I would like know your ideas about the fuel consumption for N16 / N17 compared to FB15. Is it better in N16 for a 1500cc? I own a 1999 FB15 1500cc and thinking of going for N16 coz I feel FB15 is less fuel efficiant. Does N16 has those sensor problems too? Is N16 a good car to keep for a fairly long time? (fed up with buying and selling :unsure: )

Actually I would like to have your ideas about N16 over FB15 to make a decision. :rolleyes:

Thanks

Hi all,

I would like know your ideas about the fuel consumption for N16 / N17 compared to FB15. Is it better in N16 for a 1500cc? I own a 1999 FB15 1500cc and thinking of going for N16 coz I feel FB15 is less fuel efficiant. Does N16 has those sensor problems too? Is N16 a good car to keep for a fairly long time? (fed up with buying and selling :unsure: )

Actually I would like to have your ideas about N16 over FB15 to make a decision. :rolleyes:

Thanks

One of my friends has one. According to him N16's has a very weak Lower arm bush. He has replaced it 4 times even with his carefull driving. And N16's whole suspension system is a factory faliure. but its a comfortable car for its current market value. So choice is yours if you can deal with mentioned problems.

Normal fuel consumption : 8-9kmpl city.

Edited by Corolla121

Hi all,

Thanks

The Auto 1500cc does about 7-8 km/l in the city and about 9-10 out. The manual 1300 does about 9 in the city and 10-11km/l out. The FB 15 will be marginally better on the juice. Ofcourse the more economical N16/17 manuals are quite common with most of them coming down bnew.

The N16 has similar suspension issues to the FB 15.

The only avantage I see is the looks over the FB series.

The Auto 1500cc does about 7-8 km/l in the city and about 9-10 out. The manual 1300 does about 9 in the city and 10-11km/l out. The FB 15 will be marginally better on the juice. Ofcourse the more economical N16/17 manuals are quite common with most of them coming down bnew.

The N16 has similar suspension issues to the FB 15.

The only avantage I see is the looks over the FB series.

By the way, can somebody in the forum comment on the N16 facelift (referred as N17 by some) with regard to these well discussed suspension & fuel efficuency Issues?

Agree with Milindu on the "looks" of the particular car.... although it's about a million rupees more in price... :(

By the way, can somebody in the forum comment on the N16 facelift (referred as N17 by some) with regard to these well discussed suspension & fuel efficuency Issues?

Agree with Milindu on the "looks" of the particular car.... although it's about a million rupees more in price... :(

Well the car reffered as N17 ( big brother of N16 ) currently there are two variants in Sri Lanka.

1) NISSAN SUNNY (export version / singapore used version ) - EX Saloon or Super Saloon

2) NISSAN BLUEBIRD SYLPHY ( Japanese used version- Y.O.M 2003 and above )--> G-10

Bluebird engine comes with E-Throttle ( Similarly the Sunny imported from Sigapore as recon ). Whereas domestic/brandnew version dosen't has this option.

Therefore N17 AUTO which comes with E-throttle engine does well in fuel. Roughly about 9~10 city & ~11 out.

Further the Japanese version of SUNNY FB-15 new shell ( Y.O.M. 2003 and above ) also comes with a same engine as above with E-Throttle.

• 2 months later...

As the before posts asked does new ones (YOM @2003 onward) called as N17 also have the suspension issues or any other typical issues ??

Can anyone please tell what will be the rough prices of registered (YOM 2003 or so) :

bluebird sylphy

Sunny Ex/super saloons (~N17)

Thanks.

Edited by Buddhika M H

chamath, N 16 is good value for money, but you get the MAF sensor problem (the MAF sensor will only last for 50000 km, and intended to be replaced after that) and the lower arm bush problem.

The manual transmission will do 8.5~10 kmpl in city, and up to 12~14 kmpl outstation if properly maintained. Automatic transmission will do about 1km less per liter. All depends on how you drive. What I have observed is the car is at its best efficiency between speeds 55~68 Kmph.

properly maintained means:

Use the original air filter (will save your MAF sensor and the car will offer better fuel efficiency).

Use a good semi/full synthetic engine oil and do oil changes on time.

Use the original Oil filter and replace it each 10000kms (every other service if you use synthetic oil).

Take the car to the agents every 25000Kms for an engine tuneup.

Clean the AC microfilter every month

As for being a good buy; if you are buying a second hand car it all depends on how the previous owner has used it.

Edited by isam
  • Like 1

• 11 years later...
On 11/4/2008 at 11:40 AM, chamath said:

Hi all,

Thanks

We have a year 2000, N16, brand new imported, manual transmission and the fuel consumption is around 15km/l. The engine is 1600CC (QG16DE). I believe in this version (QG16DE) there are no any other issues as in 1500CC N16. Ours is completing 16th year with us (2nd owner) and we didn't face any abnormal issues except replacing sensors only once.

• 8 months later...

I have N16 with 1295CC manual and fuel consumption is city limit is 11km per litre.outstation 15 to 17 km. it's all about your drive. very comfortable car specially if you drive long distance.if you are maintain well then one of the best  car.

Edited by SVPS
Comments

3 minutes ago, SVPS said:

I have N16 with 1295CC manual and fuel consumption is city limit is 11km per litre.outstation 15 to 17 km. it's all about your drive. very comfortable car specially if your drive long distance.if you are maintain well then one of the best .

• 2 years later...
On 7/25/2020 at 11:43 AM, GoldBugBee said:

We have a year 2000, N16, brand new imported, manual transmission and the fuel consumption is around 15km/l. The engine is 1600CC (QG16DE). I believe in this version (QG16DE) there are no any other issues as in 1500CC N16. Ours is completing 16th year with us (2nd owner) and we didn't face any abnormal issues except replacing sensors only once.

How is the availability of engine parts for QG16DE engine?