• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying A Dslr In Sri Lanka

Saturn

Thanks, the cocker loves to pose as well. yes in the words of alan partride i do drive a lexi now. needed a compromise between comfort and power. BTW the lexus shots were from a p&s camera.

hmm .... thought that it was a Springer at first.... But hey Dev knows many doggy types i suppose just like the man knows his cars :P

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm .... thought that it was a Springer at first.... But hey Dev knows many doggy types i suppose just like the man knows his cars :P

ah here here i'm more than happy to take it as a compliment :D

, but you never know if some one were to misconstrue that doggy comment , that would put me in a not so flattering position :mellow:

:lol:

ah here here i'm more than happy to take it as a compliment :D

, but you never know if some one were to misconstrue that doggy comment , that would put me in a not so flattering position :mellow:

:lol:

clever boy!.... that was the idea :P:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Captured a rather interesting beast at Yala last weekend. Good thing the SLR has a high ISO and an IS lens, or this wouldn't be possible. :)

a20081212yala0726os8.th.jpg

Check the guy in front. That is a green oval on the door. There was also one on the bonnet. Guess he's not a big Toyota fan :D

Captured a rather interesting beast at Yala last weekend. Good thing the SLR has a high ISO and an IS lens, or this wouldn't be possible. :)

Check the guy in front. That is a green oval on the door. There was also one on the bonnet. Guess he's not a big Toyota fan :D

heh heh..he's a big "wanna-be" with a tinge of idiocy to brand a hilux with a LR logo... who is he really trying to fool :P

I've seen loads of marutis with integra typeR stickers :lol:

heh heh..he's a big "wanna-be" with a tinge of idiocy to brand a hilux with a LR logo... who is he really trying to fool :P

I've seen loads of marutis with integra typeR stickers :lol:

OT but i saw a trishaw with a BRD (yes BAJAJ Racing DEvelopment) spashed across its windscreen! :lol:

& the fine irony would be if by chance that Hilux belongs to Frontier or something? :unsure::lol:

gummy, i see a 'V8' badge in the disco. could this possible be the one we were discussing????

aaaahhh! :lol:

so it isn't skill then? :P

just pulling your leg Dilesh :D

shame abt the shoot though :(

Well, having PS itself doesnt make the photograph good. You have to know where to do the tweaking up. heheee!

Yep, shame the D&S didnt work out for you last time. We could try a small one again, but these days it rains like nothing and that too only during the very small window of lighting thats ideal for photography. We'll see..

Btw, i dont suppose there'll be a AL G2G sometime in late December early Jan? If i recall there hasnt been one in some time, right?

Edited by Dilesh

Well, having PS itself doesnt make the photograph good. You have to know where to do the tweaking up. heheee!

Yep, shame the D&S didnt work out for you last time. We could try a small one again, but these days it rains like nothing and that too only during the very small window of lighting thats ideal for photography. We'll see..

Btw, i dont suppose there'll be a AL G2G sometime in late December early Jan? If i recall there hasnt been one in some time, right?

thanks dilesh for the tips during my hunt for a DSLR... Prev is in on the scene... thought i'll keep you posted too...

Finally made up me mind and bought a 50D with ef-s 18-55IS and ef-s 55-250IS.. and some accessories like filters, tripod etc :)

MeanG is carrying it down for me from the US by the end of December :)

thanks dilesh for the tips during my hunt for a DSLR... Prev is in on the scene... thought i'll keep you posted too...

Finally made up me mind and bought a 50D with ef-s 18-55IS and ef-s 55-250IS.. and some accessories like filters, tripod etc :)

MeanG is carrying it down for me from the US by the end of December :)

The previews of what you can expect from the 55-250 is coming up here

http://preveen.multiply.com/photos/album/2...ndala_Ella_Trip

Still adding slowly.

none of em sadly :(

i've been told there were a couple, but its easier to spot white tiger cubs with diamond collers than those on the forums :(

hmm...wonder why ladies keep away from AL? are they not into the whole car forum thing or what :)

hmm...wonder why ladies keep away from AL? are they not into the whole car forum thing or what :)

Well Ripper I think it is the combination of the two which has limited their participation !

I mean if you look at the auto lanka membership you will note a significant percentage of people in the IT industry :) But sitting in front of a computer all day for pleasure isn't something most members of the fairer sex I know are that fond of. Then we have to combine that with the numbers who are genuinely interested in the mechanics of automobiles (not simply cars but their function as well ), and combine them with the number of them who actually has time for this sort of thing with various other distractions and well ......... its not looking good :)