• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle For My Budget

thusithasam

Question

Dear friends,

I am going to spend around 2.0 M for a vehicle. I like to Toyota Town Ace CR 42 or KR 42. Which one is best? CR42 or KR42. How those vehicles second hand market? If any one using those vehicle model please give your comments ,good things and bad things.

Thank you

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

14 answers to this question

Had a CR42 but not comfort at all i sold it and got Mitsubishi Delica P25, i dont think you can go CR42 for 2milion can go only for KR42 their is gud van at autolanka for 1.9milion, comparitivly new Nissan Vanette is comfa than da CR42.but its upto u machan

dude CR 42 has a competetive 2nd hand market..but with 2M you can only go for a used 1...G sereies or older than dat..but can find new KR42..runs by petrol..but KR42s are not that good in 2nd hand market bro...i dont know much about the petrol 1..but CR42 is good if you dont consider much about the comfort..those are used as delivery vans in japan u know..but can be upgrated..CR42 is very economical..good for home use..as well as long run both..& you never have to bother f 2nd hand market 4 CR42s...so..take a decesion..

thats because of the conversion is done in srilanka..people are afraid to keep trust on locally converted engines.the same thing hapens when automatic trassmision vehicle converted in to manual u kno...dude if your budget is lower than 2M,u can also go for a cr27...for 2M u can find a full option cr27..recently i saw some unregistered full option cr27s on the road..with that huge sky light roof..i think its better to look for 1 of that than buying kr42..or diesel converted 1..its comfortable&economical than a kr42..and also doesn't look that bad.. and very competitive in 2nd hand market same as CR42

thats because of the conversion is done in srilanka..people are afraid to keep trust on locally converted engines.the same thing hapens when automatic trassmision vehicle converted in to manual u kno...dude if your budget is lower than 2M,u can also go for a cr27...for 2M u can find a full option cr27..recently i saw some unregistered full option cr27s on the road..with that huge sky light roof..i think its better to look for 1 of that than buying kr42..or diesel converted 1..its comfortable&economical than a kr42..and also doesn't look that bad.. and very competitive in 2nd hand market same as CR42

ya new CR27 are their but assemble in SL at Minuwangoda :lol: fully loaded with sky light roof vans, now diff to register that kind of vehical due to a case at high court. but nice vehicals, 5 had gone their last week with ma friend. nice vehicals B)

Edited by john cooper

Which one is best Transmition, manual or auto??????????????

It depends on your perspective !

Manual gives you complete control of the transmission, it is more economical and problems with these boxes are comparatively easier to resolve.

Auto transmission is convenient, comfortable especially in stop and go type of city traffic, and modern auto transmission boxes are quite reliable and not difficult to maintain

Had a CR42 but not comfort at all i sold it and got Mitsubishi Delica P25, i dont think you can go CR42 for 2milion can go only for KR42 their is gud van at autolanka for 1.9milion, comparitivly new Nissan Vanette is comfa than da CR42.but its upto u machan

Hi JohnCooper,

just to know... do u think the Delica P25 is comfortable than the CR42 ?

Hi JohnCooper,

just to know... do u think the Delica P25 is comfortable than the CR42 ?

We have owned 2 PO25s few years ago and they are amazing. We had CR27s and at the moment we have a CR42 so I hope I can give a better contrasting explanation. Not much of a CR42 fan..dont know why..may be I am obssesed with Landrovers now.

Both Toyota models discussed in here are good. They are very economical to run and easy to maintain.

But I personally prefer the PO25 coz its a real head turner. Very powerful and gives that MACHO looks. Comfort wise Yes...PO25 comes on top. very good work horse too. Most of the PO25s came under the star wagon badge also had turbo. good solid stuff. I personally think that the mitsubishi motor has more life than the townace engine. probably coz these are 2.5 engines opposed to the 2L engines in townaces.

Be wary that most of these good looking ones are "Battas"

But the major downside of Delicas is that they are not very economical to run.

Edited by lakshank