• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Accord

Derrick

Would appreciate if someone could shed some light on the following car model:

Honda Accord, Y.O.M 1999, Reg in 1999 (301-) imported brand new. Well taken care of by the present owner. Pretty comfy.

With an engine capacity of 1997CC (manual shift), would it be unreasonable to expect 7-8 km/l in what passes for normal traffic in and around Colombo. The body and engine are in good condition. The only flip side, if one can call it that, is that it is an American model (made in America???) but the registration book states country of origin as Japan.

Are there any major issues with this particular model and what can be considered a fair market price.

Did try to search the old forums/topics but could not find sufficient info.

Any input from you guys is higly appreciated.

This car was made aiming the american market therefore it is called american model I beleive.

Acutually this model is very comfortable and reliable. Out station it does 10 km/Lt. Very heavy and stable car.

The market price is between 1.4million- 1.6 million.

What is the quoted price?

If you think only the comfortability and the driving performance, This car is ideal.

This car was made aiming the american market therefore it is called american model I beleive.

Acutually this model is very comfortable and reliable. Out station it does 10 km/Lt. Very heavy and stable car.

The market price is between 1.4million- 1.6 million.

What is the quoted price?

If you think only the comfortability and the driving performance, This car is ideal.

Thanks Jaga. Should be able to seal the deal for something in between 1.5 mil to 1.55 mil. Still negotiating.

Do you know the availability of parts for this model?

According to a few critics, the resale market isn't great for this model. But I am not looking to sell anytime in the near future either. It has been maintained throughout by the agents (Sta**rd) and as per the current owner the repair bills aren't outrageous. Not so sure about body parts though.

According to a few critics, the resale market isn't great for this model. But I am not looking to sell anytime in the near future either. It has been maintained throughout by the agents (Sta**rd) and as per the current owner the repair bills aren't outrageous. Not so sure about body parts though.

well if you are planing to go for a full insurance i don't see a reason to worry about the availablility of spare part