• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Flooded Roads

GihanFX

first of all don't pin this on the government. they have bigger and better things to do like fighting a war against a ruthless terrorist outfit with out suffering any casualties at all

To buy more and more planes to Mihin Air, Make the Cabinet 500+ and many more...........

sorry for diverting the conversation from 'what is better turbo or N/A on a flooded road' topic. Gihans comment on his tier size sprang a question to my mind. is it actually possible to raise the car or in other words increase the ground clearance just by using a bigger rim size? don't you have to compromise on the tier balloon size when increasing the rim size?

Well for me i can raise the car or low the car with the shocks, because my car has TEIN adjustable suspension, The gap between Tyre and fender is 1inch and the hight between the ground to fender is 24 inches ( This is the setup that im runing ) Even the camber also adjustable, so i dnt have to bother abt baloon size, tyres etc.

tein-adjustable-height-suspension.jpg

TEIN damper kit was designed for drivers seeking improved handling on the street and at the track. A shortened shell case is utilized to allow the most piston stroke possible, which allows for a better ride at lowered ride heights, and increased grip at the track. Great for daily driving and occasion track use, whether it be at the drag strip, local circuit, or Auto-X course. Includes both ride height and 16 levels of damping force adjustment to allow the driver to dial in the suspension for various road conditions.

Edited by GihanFX

Yes the Turbo will help the water to scuk more faster than NA motor, but what i said was if there is a lil bit of water then they will not travel to the chamber cus of the extra heat of the Turbo.

BTW i want to know when the Sump is under water does it make the engine to behave diferently ? or sudern heat drop or something ?

extra heat of the turbo? turbo fans are propelled by the exhaust gas but there's no direct link between the exhaust and the intake, however EGR might contribute to increase the temp.

yes engines behave differently under water, sudden drop of the temp is one thing and in my experiences, temp goes down, charging indicator lit on the panel. I thought the alternator gave up due to short circuiting. Later it was back to normal and I learned that it was due to the slippery belts. BTW is it good to soak the engine in water when the blocks are well heated up? Will there be any damages to the engine block is not known to me. Any 4 X 4 members who drives under water often?