• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mani

What Does Everyone Looks Like

Those days we had "Autolanka Awards" at the end of the year.

Also we had a member called Sylvi , 76 years old.

Good old days. :)

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

Yes I saw you and after you Rumesh won the newbie titles... good stuff ah!

So why don't yal continue the old autolanka traditional things? and introduce new stuff as traditions? This thread should also keep going so we get to know each other...

ahaa Sylvi

have read him in old posts. what happened to him ?

some old members just vanished. Ex Komi ( saw some arguments goes here n there and shuuss, just vanished )

I see that only a very few of the regular old members are active now... what happened to them?

I still logging in occasionally. From the very first 10-20 members I think only Pericles and me are the ones that post although I know others login occasionally to check what's going on.

• Like 1

Ohh yes. His good old stories & his Chinese cars. I thought he was well over 80’s.

Why don't we make a thread similar to this like "What does everyone's Ride look like' ?

Would be nice to see the vehicles of fellow members :)

Ohh yes. His good old stories & his Chinese cars. I thought he was well over 80’s.

Not to forget the queen's English :D

AL was so much fun when dude was around :D

Damn.. I should have been there back then.... I never knew such forum existed until I was searching for websites to advertise that I was looking for a presea... then found this forum..... Too bad I wasn't there from the beginning :(

Why don't we make a thread similar to this like "What does everyone's Ride look like' ?

Would be nice to see the vehicles of fellow members :)

I think we already had one of those two. This one went along with that

I think we already had one of those two. This one went along with that

Oh is that so... Never came across that... will try and check again :)

ahaa Sylvi

have read him in old posts. what happened to him ?

some old members just vanished. Ex Komi ( saw some arguments goes here n there and shuuss, just vanished )

Komi still haunts the forum, I've seen him on some threads and I'm sure he logs in to read but refrains from commenting or getting too involved.

Slyvi alas, hasn't shown up since he left (for the second time, he came back once after some consideration, only to get upset again and leave) much to my regret. Despite everything, I think the positives of having him on this forum outweighed the negatives. He was fun to talk to and I think deep down, he really wanted to help anyone who wanted to make use of his expertise for as far as I recall, he did offer the use of his work shop etc for free to a couple of members. Besides, diversity on the forum is always a good thing. It helps foster the dissemination of knowledge between us members and keeps our topic threads heterogeneous. Also, when I take into consideration that my grandparents don't even know how to power a laptop up, let alone post on a forum or navigate the web; I have to admire Sylvi for keeping up with technology and his knowledge of the internet etc.

• Like 4

I kinda miss him too, I mean jokes aside the gentleman had a lot to share, and very active in the forum.

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kavvz" data-cid="283702" data-time="1443666459"><p>

<br />

Komi still haunts the forum, I've seen him on some threads and I'm sure he logs in to read but refrains from commenting or getting too involved.<br />

<br />

Slyvi alas, hasn't shown up since he left (for the second time, he came back once after some consideration, only to get upset again and leave) much to my regret. Despite everything, I think the positives of having him on this forum outweighed the negatives. He was fun to talk to and I think deep down, he really wanted to help anyone who wanted to make use of his expertise for as far as I recall, he did offer the use of his work shop etc for free to a couple of members. Besides, diversity on the forum is always a good thing. It helps foster the dissemination of knowledge between us members and keeps our topic threads heterogeneous. Also, when I take into consideration that my grandparents don't even know how to power a laptop up, let alone post on a forum or navigate the web; I have to admire Sylvi for keeping up with technology and his knowledge of the internet etc.</p></blockquote>

Errrr you are joking about the sylvi part right?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kavvz" data-cid="283702" data-time="1443666459"><p>

<br />

Komi still haunts the forum, I've seen him on some threads and I'm sure he logs in to read but refrains from commenting or getting too involved.<br />

<br />

Slyvi alas, hasn't shown up since he left (for the second time, he came back once after some consideration, only to get upset again and leave) much to my regret. Despite everything, I think the positives of having him on this forum outweighed the negatives. He was fun to talk to and I think deep down, he really wanted to help anyone who wanted to make use of his expertise for as far as I recall, he did offer the use of his work shop etc for free to a couple of members. Besides, diversity on the forum is always a good thing. It helps foster the dissemination of knowledge between us members and keeps our topic threads heterogeneous. Also, when I take into consideration that my grandparents don't even know how to power a laptop up, let alone post on a forum or navigate the web; I have to admire Sylvi for keeping up with technology and his knowledge of the internet etc.</p></blockquote>

Errrr you are joking about the sylvi part right?

Nope not one bit.

I do think he was a bit inflexible on some of his opinions; but overall I liked having him around and like I said, I think he did try to help AL members when he could.

Edited by Kavvz

Nope not one bit.

I do think he was a bit inflexible on some of his opinions; but overall I liked having him around and like I said, I think he did try to help AL members when he could.

I read in some posts where he had really tried to help others. as I remember once he invited a member to visit his place (in kolpity I think ) to help him out.

I agree with Kavvz with the comment of having diversity of the forum.