• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Does Everyone Looks Like

Mani

The only white skylines that have sunroofs is Riyaz's which is now red and the white R34 GT......so might have been that...

I saw Mufaz's old car in NE in March, with a few others for company. I don't remember properly, but I think it was red at the time. It was painted red before MadMax went off, coz it was red when it did that Pannala day out. So it must be the GT.

Hi Guys,

Just to reveal a bit about myself here too ....

Name: Shaminda Perera

Hometown: Colombo / Panadura

Schools : S'Thomas Prep Colpetty & S'Thomas College Mt.Lavinia (Class of 94)

Current occupation: senior consultant IT operations - Trans Asia hotel.

My Dad raced a Austin Mini & a factory tuned Triumph TR3 back in the late 60s & early 70s. But somehow I took up bikes instead of cars & I'm also very brand loyal to Yamaha. Some of the bikes I've owned are DT50(Modified with YZ80 parts), TZR125(with Y3 head/cylinder kit), RZ250RR(Standard), TZR250-1KT(Standard), TZR250-1KT(F3 Kitted), TZR250-3MA01(Standard NZ Spec), TZ250-2KM, YZF-R1(modified in Japan for racing).

http://w3.bikepics.com/pics/2008%5C10%5C24...459555-full.jpg

http://w3.bikepics.com/pics/2008%5C05%5C22...297672-full.jpg

If any of you guys wanna hit me up on FB, just send me an invitation to [email protected]

cheers! :)

Edited by shamitz

n504066397803374424editsw6.jpg

That's me sitting there like a beached whale. :lol:

1016134638gt6.jpg

My latest project....DevZ,Supra_Natural,Pericles I need some more time to keep the promise I made ok.

Dude, I luv those classics !!! :)

I saw Mufaz's old car in NE in March, with a few others for company. I don't remember properly, but I think it was red at the time. It was painted red before MadMax went off, coz it was red when it did that Pannala day out. So it must be the GT.

Yup thats the only car i can think of....plus the stickers and stripes were taken off so its all white now on the GT.... although i have heard rumours of a white cut/bud GTR circulating in the ratnapura area..never got to confirm the story though...oh well

1016134638gt6.jpg

My latest project....DevZ,Supra_Natural,Pericles I need some more time to keep the promise I made ok.

Machang out of curiosity is this an original? Cos I got to know that there were some which were locally made, am I correct?

BTW guys there was a coupe version of this sold recently at the SL Customs auction. Sold for a paltry 280,000. A white if I'm not mistaken.

BTW guys there was a coupe version of this sold recently at the SL Customs auction. Sold for a paltry 280,000. A white if I'm not mistaken.

damn!!! can it be an inside deal? you can't get a decent bike for that sorta money these days

Machang out of curiosity is this an original? Cos I got to know that there were some which were locally made, am I correct?

Yes Gummy there are some locally made ones running around. I know the guy who made them and I've seen some of them being built. Pretty sure Helrazors' is an original.

MGA Coupe sold for 280K??? :o bloody hell. Its worth a hell of a lot more than that

The BENZ that i have taken it has the same story 1979 M.Benz 450SL i bought it from some one else, they take it out from the auction just for 264k :rolleyes: what 2 do i bought it from them 1milion :huh: cos it worth for me more than that.still i cant imagine 1979 benz technology V8 EFI engine with all the modern options

Edited by john cooper

yeah I heard that story too,but according to my sources it was in a dismal condition...but all the same the price was very low for even a rundown A...oh well,have to list it as a one that got away :(

yes gummybr both of my A's are originals down to the last nut

So in that case shed some knowledge on how to distinguish a locally done with an original. See I have a friend who has one (famous pump people), and then my boss has another. And I remember my friend telling me of this.

866439_DSCI0009.JPG 866440_1016_134657.jpg

yes gummybr both of my A's are originals down to the last nut

BTW -yes malith i know the guy too

pardon my ignorance, what is this car starting with letter 'A' you guys on about? AC Cobra? i'm quite lost in your dialog with out knowing the make

Edited by xXx

pardon my ignorance, what is this car starting with letter 'A' you guys on about? AC Cobra? i'm quite lost in your dialog with out knowing the make

1958mgaredrt0.jpg

w700.png

source-Wikipedia

The MGA is a sports car produced by MG division of the British Motor Corporation from 1955 to 1962.

The MGA replaced the older T-type cars and represented a complete styling break from the older vehicles. The car was officially launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show of 1955. It was replaced by the MGB when production ceased in July 1962. The design dates back to 1952 when MG designer Syd Enever created a streamlined body for George Philips' TD Le Mans car. The problem with this car was the high seating position of the driver because of the limitations of using the TD chassis. A new chassis was designed with the side members further apart and the floor attached to the bottom rather than the top of the frame sections. A prototype was built and shown to the BMC chairman Leonard Lord. Lord turned down the idea of producing the new car as he had just signed a deal with Donald Healey to produce Austin-Healey cars two weeks before. Falling sales of the traditional MG models caused a change of mind and the car, initially to be called the UA-series, was brought back. As it was so different from the older MG models it was called the MGA, the "first of a new line" to quote the contemporary advertising. There was also a new engine available so the car did not have the originally intended XPAG unit but was fitted with the BMC corporate B-Series type allowing a lower bonnet line.

Edited by HelRazor

So in that case shed some knowledge on how to distinguish a locally done with an original. See I have a friend who has one (famous pump people), and then my boss has another. And I remember my friend telling me of this.

The ones that were done very well there would be little difference maybe you might be able to spot differences in the chassis but there are very little. You can also tell by the registration number as most of these local ones are registered on other types of log books. Im not sure if the locally made ones drive the same way as the original, I have my doubts as these are contructed differently. Most people who deal with classic cars in SL know which ones are the original and some might even tell you how many are still around. If you are referring to the pump people they have an original MGA (red if i remember right) which they have owned for quite some time. Gummy who is your boss if you dont mind me asking?

The ones that were done very well there would be little difference maybe you might be able to spot differences in the chassis but there are very little. You can also tell by the registration number as most of these local ones are registered on other types of log books. Im not sure if the locally made ones drive the same way as the original, I have my doubts as these are contructed differently. Most people who deal with classic cars in SL know which ones are the original and some might even tell you how many are still around. If you are referring to the pump people they have an original MGA (red if i remember right) which they have owned for quite some time. Gummy who is your boss if you dont mind me asking? Oh yeah there are also subtle dirrefences if you look closely under the bonnet.

Edited by maliths

I once drove one for about a mile,and it was pure crap,the ride was awful,and the engine non responsive and if you look closely you'll spot major irregularities in the body work...these are only for posers,not for real enthusiasts

i think all A's came with twin carbs,the replicas will mostly have single carbed ones from the cambridge...

If you are referring to the pump people they have an original MGA (red if i remember right) which they have owned for quite some time. Gummy who is your boss if you dont mind me asking?

Well yes thats the one. I have ridden in it and it does goes like stink for one thing. He was doing about 80mph by the time we got to pittala junction from kolpetty, open top motoring that was. It was like 7.30ish...

Well my boss used to be known in the motor sport industry been the one who used to race the Citroen. He owns a white MGA 2727

I once drove one for about a mile,and it was pure crap,the ride was awful,and the engine non responsive and if you look closely you'll spot major irregularities in the body work...these are only for posers,not for real enthusiasts

i think all A's came with twin carbs,the replicas will mostly have single carbed ones from the cambridge...

Thanks machang, so somebody like me cant figure it out anyway. So better keep my paws away from these things.

Name - Lakshan Kannangara

School - D.S Colombo

Hometown - Rathnapura

Residence - Malabe

Occupation - Technical Consultant -uk

Age - 26

Sex - Occasionally ;) Male

1st started driving at the age of 13 with a Toyota corolla DX wagon. started to drive on roads at the age of 16 with L plates. got the DLicense card on my hand precisely 15 days after the 18th Bday. Bus license in 2007. Had the automotive fever and still its not entirely gone. The Jeep fever sysptoms appeared during the AL era. Bought the 1st Land rover defender in 2003. . Have few Land rovers including a rare 6x6 ex-fire engine and a S2b Forward control. Hobbies and fantasies are Land rovers /trips / off roading / sri lankan holidays etc.

I am the one with the black vest in the pic sitting on the roll cage

dsc07439mu2.jpg

holy crap bro

whats that river or oya

nice shot.....

thats walawe ganga machan..it just bogged down in sand and the gearbox cross member got stuck in a rock. the river bed was fine when we walked across. it just sanked with the weight of the vehicle. Spent abt 4 hrs to pull it out and we were under a bit of pressure due to the reputation of walawa ganaga for crocks. :D

Edited by lakshank

• 1 month later...

Name - Damith Abeyarathne (23y)

Home town - Panadura..

School - till 1998 mahanama colombo and from 1998 - 2003 (A/L) cis

Currently im a med student (final yr) in riga, Latvia

Daily ride - Rover ascot 100

Racing - Honda civic

My father has been racing since 1983 driving reno's, mini's, skoda 136 L, honda prelude, honda civic, etc..i love racing and anything that moves quick..i've taken part in pro-kart racing and did go-karting when i was a kid..i took part in my first race back in 2001/2002 when i was 16 yrs old at koggala free trade zone, novices event driving a 1000 mini clubman and since then i've been racing every yr as the time permits me to do so...i left sl for studies since 2003 and the only time i get to race my car is when i get my summer vacation..here it goes..;

2001 - koggala free trade zone - mini clubman 1000 - 4th (Novices event)

2002 - Talduwa rally cross - skoda - DNF (sla upto 1400)

2002/2003 (cnt rem..)- Talduwa rally cross - honda - 2nd (sla upto 1400)

2003 - Ruhunu super sprint - honda prelude 2.0 si - 1st (6-8 kg/hp)

2003 - Radella hill climb - honda - 1st (sla upto 1400)

2004 - Gajaba - honda - 5th (do)

2005 - Gajaba - honda - 4th (do)

2006 - Gunners super cross - honda - 1st (do)

2006 - Tissamaharama - honda - 2nd (do)

2007 - Gunners super cross - honda - 1st (do)

2007- Rotherham katu - honda - 2nd (do)

2008 - Rotherham katu - honda - 1st (do)

2008 - Eliyakanda hill climb - honda - 1st (do)

me - http://www.new.#####.com/home.php#/phot...mp;id=505891004

the car - http://www.#####.com/editpicture.php?su...mp;id=505891004

so this is me..keep posting ur mug shot n ur ride guys..

cheers..and by the way mani.., do u still have ur supra with u..thats a proper beast man..

cheers..and by the way mani.., do u still have ur supra with u..thats a proper beast man..

Thanks Damith. Sold the Supra couple of years back.

I notice that some links, including any f a c e b o o k links, that is placed here get replaced with ### signs at the beginning. What is the reason for it?

Edited by Mani

Thanks Damith. Sold the Supra couple of years back.

I notice that some links, including any ##### links, that is placed here get replaced with ### signs at the beginning. What is the reason for it?

mani.., im really sorry man..hope this works..i've got no clue how this image shack works..wat i ref there was my fb acc..

the car %5b/URL%5d" target="_blank">the car

me %5b/URL%5d" target="_blank">me