• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Does Everyone Looks Like

Mani

Members,

Yes I thought I will post few to Auto Lanka. I had some problems with some AL members they used to post all unwanted posts to me. They thought I am a joker. At last Moderators started to moderate my posts. Then I refrain from posting. A am back, will help any one if they need my assistance little what I know.

Good wishes for all members.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Members,

Am now 77 years 10 months old. I was born on 31st December 1943. joined school in 1949. Started to work in my late fathers work shop in 1964. Married in 1970. Present occupation in after market Automobile service from 1992 to date.

Wating for the final call.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, iRage said:

No idea about the others but @VVTi and @Komisiripala quietly lurks around the forums. But yeah...their FB posts seem to show that they are doing well...going about doing their usual car stuff. The Doc has the Datsun pretty much completed and she is gorgeous.

As for @Magnum..he never left...he still is making random posts about vans, horns, wiper blades. Thankfully the guy now has diverted to putting up posts about Crowns.

Oh yes...maybe the Hybrid battery has run out of juice and is looking for a god place for cell replacement :) 

Wait when did I post about wiper blades? :D

4 hours ago, fiat fan said:

To add to the list @iRage updated.

Ripper seems to have logged in on Sept 7. Missing his diy thread. @Ripper hows that grill doing bro?

@jdnet hasn’t logged in ages.

@Andrew_GTR is active on insta. Playing with a 90s STI. Good man. Helped me dodge a shady WRX in one message.

Yes @MasterDon sir and @Sylvi sir is active again.

@ShintaroX was active in july.

@terrabytetango he was last seen in 2018. His handle says banned?! Any idea what thats about?

@Magnum got a crown and kdh recently. Posts once in a while.

Honorable mention @miniace sir was active recently, but he seems to have taken off due to lack of enthusiasm here.

Also @GTAm Is Heavily active on the Italian club in fb.

@VVTi that pork curry was on point!

And how can we forget our @Watchman? Aint no man that hadn’t had a go with him here. Jk Jk.  Saw him active in the fb pages bit recently.

Many many more I missed...

Wish we would go from Q&A forum to a Real Petrol Head forum like the good ol’ days. I am personally doing my best to get stuff moving and I know few others who try.

I'm still around :D 

Will write up another review on the latest purchase 

6 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Instagram Handle is under my name. Add me guys. I post about cars alot as you may already imagine.

Reminds me, you can follow my photo page at https://www.instagram.com/preveen_rodrigo_photography

Better that than my personal page, which is transitioning into less fancy stuff :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pericles said:

Reminds me, you can follow my photo page at https://www.instagram.com/preveen_rodrigo_photography

Better that than my personal page, which is transitioning into less fancy stuff :D

Done!

Got some nice ladies there...

Just a suggestion, why don’t you post the AL pics you’ve taken since back then!

12 minutes ago, iRage said:

Oh yes...light bulbs....and Hybrid vehicles having pissed off looking faces because their rear ends are restricted for emissions.

I bought nightbreakers because of Magnums strong marketing for them! ?

@Magnum where’s @Schiffer? Although, I do see him on his POV Youtube channel. Got some good stuff in there!

7 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Just a suggestion, why don’t you post the AL pics you’ve taken since back then!

Coz the old timers from when I started will tell you of modifest 2007 and the shaky hands pics of the ladies ?

This was pre-SLR days.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 11:33 AM, fiat fan said:

Ripper seems to have logged in on Sept 7. Missing his diy thread. @Ripper hows that grill doing bro?

@jdnet hasn’t logged in ages.

@Andrew_GTR is active on insta. Playing with a 90s STI. Good man. Helped me dodge a shady WRX in one message.

Yes @MasterDon sir and @Sylvi sir is active again.

@ShintaroX was active in july.

@terrabytetango he was last seen in 2018. His handle says banned?! Any idea what thats about?

@Magnum got a crown and kdh recently. Posts once in a while.

Honorable mention @miniace sir was active recently, but he seems to have taken off due to lack of enthusiasm here.

Also @GTAm Is Heavily active on the Italian club in fb.

@VVTi that pork curry was on point!

And how can we forget our @Watchman? Aint no man that hadn’t had a go with him here. Jk Jk.  Saw him active in the fb pages bit recently.

Many many more I missed...

Wish we would go from Q&A forum to a Real Petrol Head forum like the good ol’ days. I am personally doing my best to get stuff moving and I know few others who try.

Yup. Still here. Not dead yet,

On 9/30/2020 at 6:47 PM, Pericles said:

Coz the old timers from when I started will tell you of modifest 2007 and the shaky hands pics of the ladies ?

This was pre-SLR days.

Whatever happened to Modified fest anyway? Then again Modified cars seem less common and out of trend, So it’s inevitable I guess.

On 10/21/2020 at 9:30 PM, Devinda_Z said:

@Pericles shame we aren't likely to have another AL G2G for a while :(

@fiat fan I'm almost offended at being left out :( 

I’m down for a G2G after Corona is done. I guess next year would do. Hopefully the airport opens before that and let’s me in. 

@Devinda_Z Please don’t! I wanted to tag you. But since you were active, I thought not to. Nobody can forget you or that Z in this forum. Are you still holding the highest no of posts title?

Edit. Did a quick check and  found out @Pericles has the highest.

P.S @Pericles cover photo is lit. ?

Edited by fiat fan
Added info

On 10/27/2020 at 2:06 AM, fiat fan said:

I’m down for a G2G after Corona is done. I guess next year would do. Hopefully the airport opens before that and let’s me in. 

@Devinda_Z Please don’t! I wanted to tag you. But since you were active, I thought not to. Nobody can forget you or that Z in this forum. Are you still holding the highest no of posts title?

Edit. Did a quick check and  found out @Pericles has the highest.

P.S @Pericles cover photo is lit. ?

@fiat fan in reality @Pericles is waaaaaay ahead if you add up anything from the first iteration of the forum ?

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 1:13 PM, Sylvi said:

Members,

Am now 77 years 10 months old. I was born on 31st December 1943. joined school in 1949. Started to work in my late fathers work shop in 1964. Married in 1970. Present occupation in after market Automobile service from 1992 to date.

Wating for the final call.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

Dear Mr Sylvi, as recent as last week, I gave someone your shop location to get a windscreen of an Audi fixed. :) Hope you are doing well. Stop being so glum. My dad is 81 and his only gripe in life at the moment is lack of access to cigarettes. Still rides a bike looking fo ciggies. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 10:13 AM, VVTi said:

Dear Mr Sylvi, as recent as last week, I gave someone your shop location to get a windscreen of an Audi fixed. :) Hope you are doing well. Stop being so glum. My dad is 81 and his only gripe in life at the moment is lack of access to cigarettes. Still rides a bike looking fo ciggies. 

VVTI,

Regret for my belated reply. I log into A/L but did not see your post to A/L.

Many thanks for my reference to to a Audi owner.

I wish your Father to live more than 100 years.

I am OK but not driving cannot do a long walk now 77years 10 months 12 days. Some times use a walking stick, all ways I have a helper with me. Have to take many drugs to keep going. All common ailments (BP, BG, Cholesterol ) are there Any how I am happy at this age. All eating habits have changed, to morning breakfast to only 4 slices of sliced bread with gravy + Coconut sambol and few Sour Plantains. Lunch plenty of Vegetables 95% very little Rice 5%  Sour Plantains little Ice-cream. Dinner only boiled Vegetables again Sour Plantains. I eat plenty of Plantains to keep my bowels moving without any strain twice a day. Drink plenty of Water minimum 2 Liters. No Sugar, Liquor, Smoking. My only sugar intake is Ice cream. Blood Sugar readings all ways below 100, Blood pressure readings are normal 140/75. Regular all necessary Blood tests are done every 3 months and consult mu regular Consultant. If I travel do not drink much water.

I did a very big change in my life style after the Stroke. Left side of my brain I suddenly I developed a pain did not take any action for three days, Got in to a private hospital Doctors immediately did a CT. That indicated  I have a block in the brain.

Have had all fun during very early age till about 70. Liquor Drinking every day never Smoked in my life intake of food was very bad, that was the reason I was 320 Lbs at one time. Now also over weight with 90 Kilos. Down with one stroke without any of my limbs getting affected, Only I lost 50% of my right Eye vision. Both Eyes Cataract was performed. After that reading  I have to use Glasses long distance vision is OK. Above is my full life history of from Age 18.

Be care full after age of 40 if not have to spend plenty  of money to Doctors and hospitals.

I remain wishing you best of luck for future.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/2/2020 at 11:43 PM, VVTi said:

My dad is 81 and his only gripe in life at the moment is lack of access to cigarettes. Still rides a bike looking fo ciggies. 

Loved the mental picture this brings up! It reminds me of my Great-uncle: Was an awesome fellow who loved his smokes as well !! I can totally picture your dad sulking around during curfew without ciggies for Uncle K was like that too! Only difference was that he smoked those cheapo cigars you find in small kade's so he would probably have no issues finding some even now...Was a grand old chap who lived into his late 90's.

I remember how he used to sit on the verandah trying to read by the light of an old lamp he had during blackouts, totally pissed at government for not being able to regulate the electricity supply...I hung out and kept him company; partially because he was hilarious, and partially because the clouds of cigar smoke kept the mosquitoes away! ?

Good to see some old names popping back up, even good old Mr Wijeysekera. Must see if we can get some of the old crowd to post again. I know I haven't been able to be around much due to life getting in the way, but will try to fix that now. 

Realised the other day that I've been an AL member for 14 years, joined at the same time as @Devinda_Zmore or less. The personal fleet has gone through a lot of changes over the last decade and a half and even now is in the middle of some. Still haven't owned a Supra sadly, and that is looking more and more unlikely as the years pass. Still, one can dream.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2020 at 11:33 AM, fiat fan said:

Life has kept me out of these forums for ages but been dropping in on and off :)

Grills are good buddy and i think since the oil drum grill build I shared here, I've made a smaller version with two wheel rims and another pitbarrel style vertical smoker as well. All seen extensive use over the years 😂

These days, finishing up a 2x72 belt grinder and a small bench mount English Wheel.

MD's MG thread got me in this time around

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Life has kept me out of these forums for ages but been dropping in on and off :)

Grills are good buddy and i think since the oil drum grill build I shared here, I've made a smaller version with two wheel rims and another pitbarrel style vertical smoker as well. All seen extensive use over the years 😂

These days, finishing up a 2x72 belt grinder and a small bench mount English Wheel.

Wow! Look who's here: Glad to hear from you buddy!

On 11/23/2020 at 10:17 AM, Ripper said:

Wow, haven't seen you in ages man! Hope all is good. By the way, whatever happened to the Go Kart type project you were thinking about, finished it off?

1 hour ago, Supra_Natural said:

Wow, haven't seen you in ages man! Hope all is good. By the way, whatever happened to the Go Kart type project you were thinking about, finished it off?

Not yet machang. Had to move my garage/gear/workshop so things got derailed. Waiting to get my MIG welder operational as it requires 3phase, 400V to function so that's another reason for the delays. That should be sorted in the coming weeks. I'm building an English wheel so I could try and make my own body panels for the "Cyclekart" I'm hoping to built. Also in the last stages of finishing off a 2x72 Belt grinder, again 3 phase. So been fairly busy with things but at a much slower pace :)

Hopefully by end of 2021 I should be done with the CycleKart. The engine and some parts are already in. Been struggling to find the time mostly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ripper said:

Not yet machang. Had to move my garage/gear/workshop so things got derailed. Waiting to get my MIG welder operational as it requires 3phase, 400V to function so that's another reason for the delays. That should be sorted in the coming weeks. I'm building an English wheel so I could try and make my own body panels for the "Cyclekart" I'm hoping to built. Also in the last stages of finishing off a 2x72 Belt grinder, again 3 phase. So been fairly busy with things but at a much slower pace :)

Hopefully by end of 2021 I should be done with the CycleKart. The engine and some parts are already in. Been struggling to find the time mostly.

WOW! Sounds awesome, and it certainly sounds like something that needs a build thread..!! (Or is there one that's up already that I've missed?) 

Also: Am looking to buy a basic spray gun and compressor (Mostly to fool around with on various projects, paint, rust proofing etc.) but I don't want to spend bucket loads, but I also don't want to make any dumb penny-wise-pound-foolish type purchases: Is there a minimal compressor and spray gun combo that you could recommend?

So far, research indicates that I need to get a compressor with at least 200 liters per minute or 7.5 cfm of air delivery and that the spray gun doesn't really matter (as in you can get away with any of the cheaper ones). Your thoughts? 

Edited by Kavvz