• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Does Everyone Looks Like

Mani

Those days we had "Autolanka Awards" at the end of the year.

Also we had a member called Sylvi , 76 years old.

Good old days. :)

Yes I saw you and after you Rumesh won the newbie titles... good stuff ah!

So why don't yal continue the old autolanka traditional things? and introduce new stuff as traditions? This thread should also keep going so we get to know each other...

I see that only a very few of the regular old members are active now... what happened to them?

I still logging in occasionally. From the very first 10-20 members I think only Pericles and me are the ones that post although I know others login occasionally to check what's going on.

• Like 1

Ohh yes. His good old stories & his Chinese cars. I thought he was well over 80’s.
Not to forget the queen's English :D

AL was so much fun when dude was around :D

Damn.. I should have been there back then.... I never knew such forum existed until I was searching for websites to advertise that I was looking for a presea... then found this forum..... Too bad I wasn't there from the beginning :(

ahaa Sylvi

have read him in old posts. what happened to him ?

some old members just vanished. Ex Komi ( saw some arguments goes here n there and shuuss, just vanished )

Komi still haunts the forum, I've seen him on some threads and I'm sure he logs in to read but refrains from commenting or getting too involved.

Slyvi alas, hasn't shown up since he left (for the second time, he came back once after some consideration, only to get upset again and leave) much to my regret. Despite everything, I think the positives of having him on this forum outweighed the negatives. He was fun to talk to and I think deep down, he really wanted to help anyone who wanted to make use of his expertise for as far as I recall, he did offer the use of his work shop etc for free to a couple of members. Besides, diversity on the forum is always a good thing. It helps foster the dissemination of knowledge between us members and keeps our topic threads heterogeneous. Also, when I take into consideration that my grandparents don't even know how to power a laptop up, let alone post on a forum or navigate the web; I have to admire Sylvi for keeping up with technology and his knowledge of the internet etc.

• Like 4

Ohh yes. His good old stories & his Chinese cars. I thought he was well over 80’s.
Not to forget the queen's English :D

AL was so much fun when dude was around :D

Those days we had "Autolanka Awards" at the end of the year.

Also we had a member called Sylvi , 76 years old.

Good old days. :)

I kinda miss him too, I mean jokes aside the gentleman had a lot to share, and very active in the forum.

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kavvz" data-cid="283702" data-time="1443666459"><p>

<br />

Komi still haunts the forum, I've seen him on some threads and I'm sure he logs in to read but refrains from commenting or getting too involved.<br />

<br />

Slyvi alas, hasn't shown up since he left (for the second time, he came back once after some consideration, only to get upset again and leave) much to my regret. Despite everything, I think the positives of having him on this forum outweighed the negatives. He was fun to talk to and I think deep down, he really wanted to help anyone who wanted to make use of his expertise for as far as I recall, he did offer the use of his work shop etc for free to a couple of members. Besides, diversity on the forum is always a good thing. It helps foster the dissemination of knowledge between us members and keeps our topic threads heterogeneous. Also, when I take into consideration that my grandparents don't even know how to power a laptop up, let alone post on a forum or navigate the web; I have to admire Sylvi for keeping up with technology and his knowledge of the internet etc.</p></blockquote>

Errrr you are joking about the sylvi part right?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kavvz" data-cid="283702" data-time="1443666459"><p>

<br />

Komi still haunts the forum, I've seen him on some threads and I'm sure he logs in to read but refrains from commenting or getting too involved.<br />

<br />

Slyvi alas, hasn't shown up since he left (for the second time, he came back once after some consideration, only to get upset again and leave) much to my regret. Despite everything, I think the positives of having him on this forum outweighed the negatives. He was fun to talk to and I think deep down, he really wanted to help anyone who wanted to make use of his expertise for as far as I recall, he did offer the use of his work shop etc for free to a couple of members. Besides, diversity on the forum is always a good thing. It helps foster the dissemination of knowledge between us members and keeps our topic threads heterogeneous. Also, when I take into consideration that my grandparents don't even know how to power a laptop up, let alone post on a forum or navigate the web; I have to admire Sylvi for keeping up with technology and his knowledge of the internet etc.</p></blockquote>

Errrr you are joking about the sylvi part right?

Nope not one bit.

I do think he was a bit inflexible on some of his opinions; but overall I liked having him around and like I said, I think he did try to help AL members when he could.

Edited by Kavvz

Nope not one bit.

I do think he was a bit inflexible on some of his opinions; but overall I liked having him around and like I said, I think he did try to help AL members when he could.

I read in some posts where he had really tried to help others. as I remember once he invited a member to visit his place (in kolpity I think ) to help him out.

I agree with Kavvz with the comment of having diversity of the forum.

• 4 years later...

Whoa it’s been over 5 years since Komi dropped out ?? 

Does anyone know what happened to jdnet, Ripper, vvti,tbt,shitarox & magnum?? Andrew is also not active. Saw few posts of MD recently and Sylvi is also back.

Does anyone remember californican??? 

My god those days. 

Interesting times !!! 

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, trinity said:

jdnet, Ripper, vvti,tbt,shitarox & magnum

No idea about the others but @VVTi and @Komisiripala quietly lurks around the forums. But yeah...their FB posts seem to show that they are doing well...going about doing their usual car stuff. The Doc has the Datsun pretty much completed and she is gorgeous.

As for @Magnum..he never left...he still is making random posts about vans, horns, wiper blades. Thankfully the guy now has diverted to putting up posts about Crowns.

11 hours ago, trinity said:

Oh yes...maybe the Hybrid battery has run out of juice and is looking for a god place for cell replacement :) 

Edited by iRage

33 minutes ago, iRage said:

No idea about the others but @VVTi and @Komisiripala quietly lurks around the forums. But yeah...their FB posts seem to show that they are doing well...going about doing their usual car stuff. The Doc has the Datsun pretty much completed and she is gorgeous.

As for @Magnum..he never left...he still is making random posts about vans, horns, wiper blades. Thankfully the guy now has diverted to putting up posts about Crowns.

Oh yes...maybe the Hybrid battery has run out of juice and is looking for a god place for cell replacement :) 

Lol, the only person I got to personally know out of these bunch is Komi, so I'm bit up to date about him :) .

Wonder why I didnt see Magnums posts. Or did I?? not sure...

Enjoyed @VVTi's posts as he had a good sense of humor and knowledge on cars. I still remember one of his posts about st peters and lips lol.. let me find it out if possible for old times sake.

12 minutes ago, trinity said:

Lol, the only person I got to personally know out of these bunch is Komi, so I'm bit up to date about him :) .

Wonder why I didnt see Magnums posts. Or did I?? not sure...

Enjoyed @VVTi's posts as he had a good sense of humor and knowledge on cars. I still remember one of his posts about st peters and lips lol.. let me find it out if possible for old times sake.

Here you go.. 

12 hours ago, trinity said:

Whoa it’s been over 5 years since Komi dropped out ?? 

Does anyone know what happened to jdnet, Ripper, vvti,tbt,shitarox & magnum?? Andrew is also not active. Saw few posts of MD recently and Sylvi is also back.

My god those days. 

Interesting times !!! 

To add to the list @iRage updated.

Ripper seems to have logged in on Sept 7. Missing his diy thread. @Ripper hows that grill doing bro?

@jdnet hasn’t logged in ages.

@Andrew_GTR is active on insta. Playing with a 90s STI. Good man. Helped me dodge a shady WRX in one message.

Yes @MasterDon sir and @Sylvi sir is active again.

@ShintaroX was active in july.

@terrabytetango he was last seen in 2018. His handle says banned?! Any idea what thats about?

@Magnum got a crown and kdh recently. Posts once in a while.

Honorable mention @miniace sir was active recently, but he seems to have taken off due to lack of enthusiasm here.

Also @GTAm Is Heavily active on the Italian club in fb.

@VVTi that pork curry was on point!

And how can we forget our @Watchman? Aint no man that hadn’t had a go with him here. Jk Jk.  Saw him active in the fb pages bit recently.

Many many more I missed...

Wish we would go from Q&A forum to a Real Petrol Head forum like the good ol’ days. I am personally doing my best to get stuff moving and I know few others who try.

• Like 1

Btw let me introduce myself.

Age-27.

Currently in the US, will be moving to beloved motherland asap. 

Worked at Toyota. Now at FCA group. Did multiple jobs in many different fields before.

School-AIS.

Likes projects and 90s rides. Mainly a Euro guy. But I won’t say no to a 300Z ?

Liked tech(that stuff makes u broke, so no more)

Instagram Handle is under my name. Add me guys. I post about cars alot as you may already imagine.

Good friends with @AVANTE, who’s gonna be revealing himself next(or I can take the Honors).

Been on AL since 07’. This is my official Handle(since 2012) as I used my Dads previously.

Edited by fiat fan
  • Like 4

OK since you insist @fiat fan bro :D

Name: Ridhwan 

Simple fellow, doing random things. Grateful and enjoying  the smaller and simpler things in life, nostalgic, old school also, no show off/loud partying vibes here lol.  

Into old euro cars, aquascaping, cooking, fitness related stuff, DIY, general trivia and also motorcycles as most of you know. 

Edited by AVANTE
  • Like 3