• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Porsche Or Ferrari And Why?

dakrazyman20

Porsche Or Ferrari  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Porsche or Ferrari?

• Porsche
    • Ferrari

Where do these people get their facts and figures from?

I mean is there a special section of the internet for geezers run by geezers full of unsubstantiated facts?

:action-smiley-060::action-smiley-060::action-smiley-060:

well pal, have you owned either of them? or driven them?

Edited by poscher

Seeing as to how I saw Aravinda's Ferrari just last night at Cinn Grand, I doubt it broke down without completing the journey. :rolleyes:

And really? Too much attention? You want to buy a supercar so you don't get attention? If you want to go places without attention, buy a Corolla.

I mean, not hating on Porsches, they are great cars, but Ferrari is just at another level. Its not just the cars, its the whole history. This aint no Volkswagen in Running Shoes story :)

I'm not undermining brilliance of a ferrari... but Porsche has a longer history when it comes to cars... check Ferdinand Porsche the founder of Porsche he built the first hybrid probably when Enzo Ferrari was still peeing in his pants...

he built the VW beetle, and many other things... Porsche has always been about innovation, they are more into designing things than making it them selfs...

your right they use things from other manufacturers, but they actually make it even better...

Edited by poscher

I'm not undermining brilliance of a ferrari... but Porsche has a longer history when it comes to cars... check Ferdinand Porsche the founder of Porsche...

Porsche is the first to build a hybrid, he built the VW beetle, and many other things...

Racing history ;) Besides, they are still making history in F1, the foremost racing series in the world. It is the pinnacle of motorsports.

Disclaimer : Not a fan of the Ferrari F1 team.

Racing history ;) Besides, they are still making history in F1, the foremost racing series in the world. It is the pinnacle of motorsports.

Disclaimer : Not a fan of the Ferrari F1 team.

Absoulutly Ferrari are far more superior to Porcshe when it comes to racing, Enzo Ferrari was only interested in winning races and not selling cars to Celebrities...

Porsche any day... specially in Sri Lanka! cos like Aravinda you don't want to be send your car to Singapore for a service.... Porsche is as fast or faster, more reliable, bit cheaper, better built, and the pioneer in supercars... Ferrari are for show offs!!!

There you have reasons.....

I'm not undermining brilliance of a ferrari... but Porsche has a longer history when it comes to cars... check Ferdinand Porsche the founder of Porsche he built the first hybrid probably when Enzo Ferrari was still peeing in his pants...

he built the VW beetle, and many other things... Porsche has always been about innovation, they are more into designing things than making it them selfs...

your right they use things from other manufacturers, but they actually make it even better...

Well mate, Ferdinand Porsche designed and built the VW bug alright but the fact is that porsches design haven't changed much from the bug has it? I think Porsche should try to add some variety to their design, I mean, to me, who has absolutely zero knowledge on porsches its quite difficult to spot the differences between a carrera, a 911 and a cayman and a I thought they were up to something with the Carrera GT which looked quite nice and had a unique look to it but no. But then after seeing the panamera I thought its better they stick with the same design. :D

Well mate, Ferdinand Porsche designed and built the VW bug alright but the fact is that porsches design haven't changed much from the bug has it? I think Porsche should try to add some variety to their design, I mean, to me, who has absolutely zero knowledge on porsches its quite difficult to spot the differences between a carrera, a 911 and a cayman and a I thought they were up to something with the Carrera GT which looked quite nice and had a unique look to it but no. But then after seeing the panamera I thought its better they stick with the same design. :D

I think the shape is an endemic part of the car. Change that and it won't be a Porsche any more :)

I think the shape is an endemic part of the car. Change that and it won't be a Porsche any more :)

True that but, who knows they might come up with something better than the panamera. Can't think of any other car manufacturer that makes cars which are almost similar to each other, but you get some specialty there too. ;)

I Own a Carerra S. Absolutely Love it. After driving a 350Z, all sorts of Evo's and STI's..I still love it..and its my daily driver. Apart from a super loud exhaust, its as practical as my Z used to be. Maybe even more so as it can take more stuff.

On the track its amazing, demands a little bit more restraint when driving as the nose is light, but powering out of corners never felt so great.

That said, I havent driven a Ferrari, but I want one!!!!!!!!

The Porsche is a great sports car...the Ferrari to me is an ICON... It does what its supposed to do...gives you goose bumps, and makes me feel like a kid.

The Ferrari makes me desire a truly impractical object...even seeing a slower 308 on the road makes me want one... to me thats a true exotic!!!! If it can make you do something that doesn't all add up to common sense....

I voted Ferrari... but if i was doing more track days, please get me a GT3RS!!!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I Own a Carerra S. Absolutely Love it. After driving a 350Z, all sorts of Evo's and STI's..I still love it..and its my daily driver. Apart from a super loud exhaust, its as practical as my Z used to be. Maybe even more so as it can take more stuff.

On the track its amazing, demands a little bit more restraint when driving as the nose is light, but powering out of corners never felt so great.

That said, I havent driven a Ferrari, but I want one!!!!!!!!

The Porsche is a great sports car...the Ferrari to me is an ICON... It does what its supposed to do...gives you goose bumps, and makes me feel like a kid.

The Ferrari makes me desire a truly impractical object...even seeing a slower 308 on the road makes me want one... to me thats a true exotic!!!! If it can make you do something that doesn't all add up to common sense....

I voted Ferrari... but if i was doing more track days, please get me a GT3RS!!!!!

so Porsche to drive and own, Ferrari to look at and admire... someone having both its like the whole package!