• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mirror Retract Function

AnUsHa_SL

Question

My Toyota TownAce(CR 27) manual doors have been replaced with power doors recently. New door comes with power mirror, power shutter + mirror retract. According to the electrician, to faction power retract it needs a circuit call mirror controller, normaly its located somewhere in dashboard. But I got the doors with our that. I purched a controller from Delkada, but according to him wire colour code is different and without proper diagram or proper colour code job is very difficult.

I tied with Ti*sa Electricals and they also inform that without a those details its difficult and didn’t take the job :( .

Currently all the door functions working without mirror retract. Did anyone faced same issue or pls give any suggestions, Please……

Edited by AnUsHa_SL

18 answers to this question

Sorry AnUsHa_SL for diverting your thread a bit…

I can remember sometime back someone advertised on the classified, a small unit that could be fixed to cars with mirror retract feature, so that whenever you switch off the engine the mirror retracts automatically. Does anybody have that contact? I think he also advertised on auto dimming in-cabin lamps / or headlamps as well.

Currently all the door functions working without mirror retract. Did anyone faced same issue or pls give any suggestions, Please……

mmmm

not too sure if this helps but just give him a call - Mods Please excuse if it's not permited

DJ Electronics - 077-3169029 / 0722841012

I can remember sometime back someone advertised on the classified, a small unit that could be fixed to cars with mirror retract feature, so that whenever you switch off the engine the mirror retracts automatically. Does anybody have that contact? I think he also advertised on auto dimming in-cabin lamps / or headlamps as well.

That guy has left the country & is now working in the Middle East

dude in motor world dehiwala does this. don't know if he's using the same unit you've mentioned

mmmm

not too sure if this helps but just give him a call - Mods Please excuse if it's not permited

DJ Electronics - 077-3169029 / 0722841012

machan I tried, but both nos out of order :(

dude in motor world dehiwala does this. don't know if he's using the same unit you've mentioned

Do u know the contact no or address, coz i found their mobile no when googling... that also didn't work :blink:

Do u know the contact no or address, coz i found their mobile no when googling... that also didn't work :blink:

Sorry machan- these were the 2 numbers on his card- may have changed . Well can’t confirm if he’s there or not but if ur passing RMV on baseline road it’s next to CIMA institute –Good luck

Sorry machan- these were the 2 numbers on his card- may have changed . Well can’t confirm if he’s there or not but if ur passing RMV on baseline road it’s next to CIMA institute –Good luck

Thanks dude. I'll check 2moro, let u know the result.

sorry i don't have their contact number. i'm sure fuzzo or shaks must be having it.

its in dehiwala. when you are going pass the dehiwala junction towards mt. lavinia its just before the Arpico super store on the sea side facing the main road. you can't miss it

sorry i don't have their contact number. i'm sure fuzzo or shaks must be having it.

its in dehiwala. when you are going pass the dehiwala junction towards mt. lavinia its just before the Arpico super store on the sea side facing the main road. you can't miss it

To add, almost exactly opposite Kawdana road.

yesterday I went P*la Au*o El*ctri*al. Finally they did the job. :angry-smiley-048:

but bit expensive i guess. Anyway thanks for your support :alc:

Those guys are very good. I'm surprised I didn't mention them to you before (thought I had ..)

Glad its sorted now

yesterday I went P*la Au*o El*ctri*al. Finally they did the job. :angry-smiley-048:

but bit expensive i guess. Anyway thanks for your support :alc:

Hey machan, pls explain how/ what they did with your vehicle. I also want to do the same, mine has power mirrors but no retract. Put photos if possible. Thanks in advance.

Hey machan, pls explain how/ what they did with your vehicle. I also want to do the same, mine has power mirrors but no retract. Put photos if possible. Thanks in advance.

Machan, my mirrors has retract function. (in the market these mirrors are referring as double power mirrors).

I guess you have a single power mirrors; only power mirror motors are available in those. Double power mirrors there are around 6-8 wires coming from mirror, but single only 4-5 wires.

mirrors.jpg

Double Power Mirror

1332-5072L.jpg

Single Power Mirror

I don’t think you can implement the mirror retract function with the current mirror set.

To function mirror retraction properly, it needs a circuit call mirror controller.

mirrorcontrol.jpg

My electrician didn’t have a proper diagram for identify the mirror controller wires. As I remember there are around 6-8 wires. So he did all the wiring except connecting the mirror controller. I went P*la Au*o El*ctri*al only for connect the controller.

And also where is a retract button in driver's side mirror & window controls switch panel.

switches.jpg

If you need any details contact me. My mail address is available in my profile.

Machan, thanks for your valuable info with photos. Its very informative. My Problem is I got power mirrors, not double power. But I can install a double power mirror set as you did. But where to put that small retract button.

If your model of vehicle comes with double power mirrors (even though your particular car does not have it), you should be able to find the switch cluster that goes with it, which will replace the current switch cluster.

If your model of vehicle comes with double power mirrors (even though your particular car does not have it), you should be able to find the switch cluster that goes with it, which will replace the current switch cluster.

Other option is mirror retract switch function intergraded to vehicle on/off switch. Eg. When switch moves to lock position mirror retract. But my mirrors/controller doesn’t support that. So it’s better to ask from electrician

dude...it's cool to help somebody bu it seems that you have flooded the forum's most electrical related topics with this same contact...

that's a bit of lame advertising innit...