• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

66- Registration Number

xXx

If im not mistaken those are the "BOODAL" scene vehicles. I guess you guys know what boodal means. i dont know the english term for that. 69 was the successor of 66...

This is somehting Ive heard from someone. correct me if im wrong

If im not mistaken those are the "BOODAL" scene vehicles. I guess you guys know what boodal means. i dont know the english term for that. 69 was the successor of 66...

This is somehting Ive heard from someone. correct me if im wrong

'boodal' in the seance dowry??? so how did that work???? is it similar to a blue permit then? you marry a foreigner and then that person can bring down a vehicle as a boodalaya (dowry)

Previously registered and registration cancelled after a court case or govt forfeited automobiles.(Not custom detained or confiscated unregd automobiles)

Eg-Owners could not be traced or ownership claimed by many parties.....Involved illicit liquor,drug deals,illegal timber transported,forged regd..........

MINIACE

• 8 months later...
boys what's the scene behind the 66- registration plates? is it ex embasy?

66 - series of registration numbers were given to the vehicle type called Motor Wagon, Which is essentially a Lorry with a partly open wooden body designed for transporting passengers instead of cargo. These are now almost "extinct".

They were a common sight in Tangalle, Hambantota area even in the early 90s.

Majority of these vehicle were based on 1940s "Kaapiri" Fords. As far as I know they were first given MW registration numbers (before 1956) and later when retro-fitted with Diesel engines, they were given 66 SRI numbers.

However the only vehicle I saw with a 66 - (dash) number was an Isuzu Elf with an abovementioned type of body, and that too was in 1994, in Thissamaharama.

boys what's the scene behind the 66- registration plates? is it ex embasy?

Hi, AFAIK FZ series is ex embassy or ex DPL. My uncle bought such a car and if I recall right they wanted to give him a number from the series for diesel converts (correct me if there's no such thing) . Anyways he wasn't happy and ended up getting FZ 0001.

the strangest thus far has gotta be the 33 sri plate on that Mini cab in the AL classifieds a while back

33 Sri was the (post-1956) registration number series given for Commercial Vehicles run by Petrol. (Buses, Lorries, Single Cabs, Vans, Ambulances and Hearses)

Edited by samishka

from what i've gathered 66- is issued to diesel vehicles with registration issues. these vehicles carry a low value due to near impossibility to obtain credit from financial institutes i.e. leasing or car loans.

rebel you are spot on about the FZ series.

Hi, AFAIK FZ series is ex embassy or ex DPL. My uncle bought such a car and if I recall right they wanted to give him a number from the series for diesel converts (correct me if there's no such thing) . Anyways he wasn't happy and ended up getting FZ 0001.

Little clarification about this...

The first ex-DPL car awarded FZ numbers was FZ-9000 not FZ 0001.

Thats a Ex-US embassy Nissan Patrol owned by Mr Romesh Fernando.He still owns that.He was offered 325 numbers.There were morethan dozen Ex-DPL cars were awarded 325 plates that time.He fought hard and met President regarding this and managed to get FZ 9000 on a presidential directive...and sent then RMV head one Mr Jinasena or Jinadasa home.FZ series went close to FZ 92XX before they resore the system to FZ 0001.Technically the first FZ- car is 9000 and the person initiated is Mr Fernando.I dont think thats ##### uncle got the first FZ plates as mentioned.

MINIACE

from what i've gathered 66- is issued to diesel vehicles with registration issues. these vehicles carry a low value due to near impossibility to obtain credit from financial institutes i.e. leasing or car loans.

rebel you are spot on about the FZ series.

I repeat my answer given in the previous page. (Seems nobody has noticed it)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

66 - series of registration numbers were given to the vehicle type called Motor Wagon, Which is essentially a Lorry with a partly open wooden body designed for transporting passengers instead of cargo. These are now almost "extinct".

They were a common sight in Tangalle, Hambantota area even in the early 90s.

Majority of these vehicle were based on 1940s "Kaapiri" Fords. As far as I know they were first given MW registration numbers (before 1956) and later when retro-fitted with Diesel engines, they were given 66 SRI numbers.

However the only vehicle I saw with a 66 - (dash) number was an Isuzu Elf with an abovementioned type of body, and that too was in 1994, in Thissamaharama.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to add that 66 series came out long before even 64 series.

Little clarification about this...

The first ex-DPL car awarded FZ numbers was FZ-9000 not FZ 0001.

Thats a Ex-US embassy Nissan Patrol owned by Mr Romesh Fernando.He still owns that.He was offered 325 numbers.There were morethan dozen Ex-DPL cars were awarded 325 plates that time.He fought hard and met President regarding this and managed to get FZ 9000 on a presidential directive...and sent then RMV head one Mr Jinasena or Jinadasa home.FZ series went close to FZ 92XX before they resore the system to FZ 0001.Technically the first FZ- car is 9000 and the person initiated is Mr Fernando.I dont think thats ##### uncle got the first FZ plates as mentioned.

MINIACE

Hi to further clarify this.

I believe the FZ9000 series was for ex DPL cars. The car I refer to was a DP xxxx car which belonged to the Indonesian embassy. It was a white Corolla 110. This was the car my uncle bought and it was given FZ0001.

BTW - what do you exactly mean by ''I dont think thats ##### uncle got the first FZ plates as mentioned'' what do the hashes represent?

I believe the FZ9000 series was for ex DPL cars. The car I refer to was a DP xxxx car which belonged to the Indonesian embassy. It was a white Corolla 110. This was the car my uncle bought and it was given FZ0001.

BTW - what do you exactly mean by ''I dont think thats ##### uncle got the first FZ plates as mentioned'' what do the hashes represent?

The hashes represent that something got censored by the forum software. Probably your name :)

Anyway mini, he said he got FZ 0001 not that he got the first FZ car. Probably got the first one after the revision you mentioned at 92XX. Luck. Just happened to land 0001.

Mate not clear what you mentioned here.DPL reps embassies isn’t it.?

Anyways FZ0001 was issued not less than 15months after FZ9000 was issued. So I doubt your uncle was offered 325 numbers (numbers of Diesel converts as you mentioned).Many DPXXXX cars were given FZ9XXX plates before the software upgrade to FZ0XXX.

The ##### thing is your name…the moment your name is typed, gets automatically edited by the site software.(Anti terrorism steps :lol: ).you may try that n see :D .

MINIACE

Anyway mini, he said he got FZ 0001 not that he got the first FZ car. Probably got the first one after the revision you mentioned at 92XX. Luck. Just happened to land 0001.

Hmm to me It sounds like that isnt it? 'Gulp'..if not :rolleyes:

MINIACE