• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mt/at Tires For A Jeep..cheap?

bhanu128

I hope the prices you guys have quoted are after discount. You should be able to get a good 20 - 30% discount on list price for all brands.

With my experience, BFG will give unmathced mileage. The best I have ever used but the ride is a bit rough. Micky Thompson mileage is not so great but the drive is very soft. Excellent stability and control. Savero...sigh!

If you can afford, go for the BFG. Your return will be much more than the price you pay.

yup the prices are including discount

SK Munasinghe offered the tires at 6 months interest free payment plan for Amex cards

given its for a Land Rover i'm not going to mind a hard ride as its pretty nasty as it is :mellow:

any idea what the price range is like for Micky Thompsons ?

Given i hardly go outta Colombo i don't necessarily need anything with an aggressive tread pattered - currently have on what seem to be very road biased Maaxis Bravo's! :mellow:

I'd love the thought of BFG's as well... any other place aside from Olympic Tyre where i can try and locate BFG's? :huh:

• 2 years later...

Sort of a update <bump>..

Since some were asking about tires from china ..here is the update

LingLong 31x10.5 ..16250/- Perer@ tires malabe

Triangle 31x10.5 ..19250/- Tr@desmann

Traders will give 30000km warranty for them and swears that they do 50+ but i am bit skeptical..info on net seems to suggest otherwise

USA tires

Cooper AT3/HT 31x10.5 19-22000/-

Pirelli Tires are now available at Toyoy@ Lanka

• 6 years later...

Thought of reviving this old thread. My existing tires needs a replacement soon and I was searching for a tire set.

I was checking for 31x10.5 R15 tires and got a quote today for some Thai brand called 'Federal' or something. They were quoting 27k a tire. Have the tire prices gone up that much? I was wondering how much the popular brands of ATs would be.

On 10/5/2009 at 2:03 PM, Devinda_Z said:

I'd love the thought of BFG's as well... any other place aside from Olympic Tyre where i can try and locate BFG's? :huh:

For A/T tires I'm very happy with BFG KO2 (load rating C). Did not go for the 10ply load E as this is my daily driver so didn't want to mess up the mpg and comfort. 

With BFG KO2 Load C A/Ts (running at 40 psi) noise level is almost closer to stock street tires and did not see any noticeable mpg drop.

IMG_0869.jpg

Edited by kmeeg